Subject: [dispatch] I-D Action: draft-ivov-xmpp-cusax-04.txt

From: Dan Christian Bogos <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2013 10:28:17 +0200

Dear All,

After reading your draft I would like to express here my interest in the 
integration you have proposed.
I have already used it in a couple of scenarios and, despite the latest 
trends in complicating things and analyzing all kind of network high 
availability scenarios ... it simply works.

If you find them useful, here are some quick thoughts from me on related:

  * In order to avoid disturbing the security of one protocol when 
combining it with the other, one should not attempt to unify the 
authentication mechanisms or the data driving them.
  * In real-life networks I have met the need of combining CUSAX with 
keeping support for features available complementary in both protocols, 
since the ideal case of dual-stack protocol implementation in the agents 
was quite rare. I am sure in the future these implementations will be 
more easy to find but, in order to transition existing networks towards 
CUSAX support, failover mechanisms still need to defined. One simple 
approach would be flag-ing "exceptions" on both server as well as CUSAX 
aware UAs.

Another useful feature I find by combining SIP and XMPP is improving 
ways to standardize interaction with SIP Proxies/B2BUAs through XMPP, as 
example of applicability being third-party-call-control by using non SIP 
means. I am not sure this is the domain targeted by CUSAX but still 
votes for SIP+XMPP interaction.

Once again, thanks for this!

DanB

With regards,

ITsysCOM, inh.
Dan Christian Bogos

Tiroler str. 9
D-83435 Bad Reichenhall
Germany
Tel.: +49 (0) 8651/7174963
Fax.:+49 (0) 8651/7174964
email: [email-masked]
http://www.itsyscom.com