Subject: [dispatch] Combined use of SIP and XMPP

From: Enrico Marocco <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2012 15:49:42 +0200

Hi all,

Emil, Peter and I have just submitted draft-ivov-xmpp-cusax-01, a very
short draft that aims at describing a combined use of SIP and XMPP.

The broader topic of SIP/XMPP co-existence and interworking has been
discussed several times, also in DISPATCH. However, this particular
draft has a way narrower scope and its goal is simply to point out what
and how existing features of each protocol can be used to provide a user
experience as integrated as possible. It is definitely not intended to
introduce new extensions.

The draft has already been subject of preliminary discussions in the
XMPP WG, and is now being submitted here to get feedback also from the
SIP side of the problem. We look forward to hearing any kind of
comments, including of course whether people think there is value in
such a combinational approach.

The draft is available here:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ivov-xmpp-cusax-01

-- 
Ciao,
Enrico