Subject: [dispatch] Fwd: "Telepresence Tutorial" @ IETF-84 (Please RSVP)

From: Mary Barnes <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2012 14:44:04 -0500

Hi all,

Apologies to the many of you that are receiving this multiple times.
Unfortunately, the RAI list is not a superset of participants in WGs
that might be interested in this.  Folks that aren't on the RAI list
might want to subscribe here:
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rai

We are planning a lunchtime tutorial on Monday, July 30th.  The
primary objective is to provide more background on telepresence as
well as an update of the work in CLUE to the broader RAI and IETF
community.  This will hopefully facilitate the process of completing
the CLUE protocol work as it gets broader community review.

Here's the proposed outline:
1) Introduction to telepresence
2) Example telepresence scenarios
3) Introduction to the CLUE work
4) High level introduction of framework
5) One or two use cases as examples of how the CLUE framework is
realized - showing how existing protocols (e.g., SDP, RTP) are
integral to the solution along
with additional signaling for CLUE.

We have reserved a room for around 50 and attendance will be FCFS, so
please RSVP ASAP:
http://www.doodle.com/mzu3nmdeehkxkiy

The deadline to reply is Friday, July 13th, 2012 (5pm Pacific), as we
are trying to find a sponsor for lunch (i.e., box lunches). Note, if
anyone is willing to sponsor all or even part of the lunch, please let
me know ASAP.  Also, if you have any dietary restrictions (e.g.,
vegetarian, etc.), please let me know offline or include a comment in
the doodle.
http://www.doodle.com/mzu3nmdeehkxkiys

Please send any questions/comments to me (or to the CLUE WG mailing
list)  rather than reply all.

Regards,
Mary
CLUE WG co-chair