Subject: [dispatch] IETF-84 DISPATCH deadlines.

From: Mary Barnes <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2012 16:02:47 -0500

Hi all,

Per the discussion at IETF-83, there was (again) pushback on the model we
have had in place for several years for DISPATCH topics.  The chairs and
ADs have had some offline discussions and we are proposing changing the
dates.  Note, that these dates do not allow time to schedule Bofs for any
of the topics, but it does still allow some forewarning and discussion of
topics. These dates require us to request a WG session without a
preliminary agenda.  If there is not enough discussion of topics, we will
cancel the WG session.

Here are the proposed deadlines:
* June 11, 2012. Cutoff date to notify the chairs/DISPATCH WG of plans to
submit a proposal. [One week after deadline for scheduling WG sessions]

* June 18, 2012. Cutoff for charter proposals for topics. [Note: this is
two weeks *after* requests for WG sessions]

* June 25, 2012. Topics that are to be the focus of IETF-84 are announced.
[2 weeks before -00 deadline, *three weeks* after deadline for requesting
WG session]

* July 9, 2012. -00 draft deadline.

* July 16, 2012. Draft deadline.

This gives folks one month from today to get their topics to the chairs and
then another week to charters, problem statements, deliverables, etc. to
the mailing list.

As a reference these are the dates we presented at IETF-83 and that are
currently on the wiki.  We will update the wiki with the new dates unless
we get strong objections (which I can't fathom we would).

* May 21, 2012. Cutoff date to notify the chairs/DISPATCH WG of plans to
submit a proposal. [Two weeks prior to deadline for scheduling WG sessions]
  [7 weeks after IETF-83]

* May 28, 2012. Cutoff for charter proposals for topics. [Three weeks prior
to BoF proposal deadline, two weeks before announcement of topics]

* June 11, 2012. Topics that are to be the focus of IETF-84 are announced.
[Ten days before AD BoF approval, 4 weeks before -00 deadline, *one week*
after deadline for requesting WG session]

* July 9, 2012. -00 draft deadline.

* July 16, 2012. Draft deadline.

Regards,
Mary.
DISPATCH WG co-chair