Subject: [dispatch] FYI : Canada's CRTC mandates all IP Interconnection for voice.

From: "Richard Shockey" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2012 15:28:33 -0500

In this decision, the Commission decides that it is in the public interest
to establish a set of principles to facilitate IP voice network
interconnections between network operators while allowing market forces to
shape the details of the arrangements. Specifically, in areas where a
carrier provides IP voice interconnection to an affiliate, a division of its
operations, or an unrelated service provider, the carrier must negotiate a
similar arrangement with any other carrier that requests such an
arrangement. Within six months of a formal request, an arrangement is to be
concluded.

http://www.crtc.gc.ca/eng/com100/2012/r120119.htm

Richard Shockey
Shockey Consulting
Chairman of the Board of Directors SIP Forum
PSTN Mobile: +1 703.593.2683
< <mailto:richard(at)shockey.us> mailto:richard(at)shockey.us>
skype-linkedin-facebook: rshockey101
http//www.sipforum.org