Subject: [dispatch] [OT] Creating URN in JavaScript running in a browser

From: Iñaki Baz Castillo <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2011 22:32:30 +0200

Hi, I've read the draft-allen-dispatch-imei-urn-as-instanceid and I
wonder how to get a constant URN using JavaScript in a browser, this
is, a constant value unique for each web browser. The question is
related to a SIP stack in JavaScript.

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks a lot.

-- 
Iñaki Baz Castillo
<[email-masked]>

---

From: Iñaki Baz Castillo <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2011 22:45:31 +0200

2011/10/24 Richard L. Barnes <[email-masked]>:
> Cookies are probably your friend here.  Have your script set a cookie, use that as the unique ID.

A Cookie stored in the browser with constant value (until it expires,
but it is good enough). Great :)

Thanks a lot.

-- 
Iñaki Baz Castillo
<[email-masked]>