Subject: [dispatch] 82nd IETF - Working Group/BOF Scheduling

From: Mary Barnes <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2011 15:44:40 -0500

FYI... the DISPATCH specific deadlines are as follows and are also on the WG
wiki. Please note that the initial deadline is just two weeks away.  There
has been alot of fuss about these deadlines However, folks need to
understand that the first deadline is just letting the chairs know that you
want to discuss a particular work item - i.e., one sentence is all we need
by that date.  You have a week to refine that idea into a *rough* charter.

Based upon discussions over the next two weeks, the chairs (conferring with
the ADs) will decide what topics are targeted for the meeting.  You then
have 4 weeks to work on a draft related to the topic.

However, you don't necessarily need a draft since the focus is on the
charter (with that term used very loosely).  We need a problem statement
along with a guess at deliverables.  The objective of the discussions on the
mailing list and at the f2f meeting is to determine if the problem/work item
is scoped tightly enough that it's solvable/doable, as well as to guage WG
interest in the topic and willingness to contribute.  If it's agreed, then
we can use the mailing list to refine the charter.

We have been flexible about the dates as long as folks can give us an idea
of when they will be able to meet the deadlines.  We need a rough idea of
the topics in order to request an appropriate length agenda slot.  The
length tends to be far more variable than other WGs.  Note, that the
deadline for the topic announcements aligns with the deadline for requesting
a WG slot.

Regards,
Mary.
DISPATCH WG co-chair.

==========================================================

*  Sept. 5th, 2011. Cutoff date to notify the chairs/DISPATCH WG of plans to
submit a proposal. [Two weeks prior to BoF proposal deadline, 7 weeks before
-00 deadline]     *2 weeks from today*

* Sept. 12th, 2011. Cutoff for charter proposals for topics. [Three weeks
prior to BoF proposal deadline, two weeks before announcement of topics]

* Sept. 26th, 2011. Topics that are to be the focus of IETF-82 are
announced. [10 days before AD BoF approval and deadline to request WG slot,
4 weeks before -00 deadline, deadline for requesting WG session]

* October 24th, 2011. -00 draft deadline.

* October 31st, 2011. Draft deadline.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: IETF Agenda <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, Aug 22, 2011 at 1:15 PM
Subject: 82nd IETF - Working Group/BOF Scheduling
To: Working Group Chairs <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]

-----------------------------------------------------------------
82nd IETF – Taipei, Taiwan
Meeting Dates: November 13-18, 2011
Host: Taiwan Network Information Center (TWNIC)
-----------------------------------------------------------------
IETF meetings start Monday morning and run through Friday mid-afternoon
(15:15).

We are accepting scheduling requests for all Working Groups and BOFs
starting today.  The milestones and deadlines for scheduling-related
activities are as follows:

NOTE: cutoff dates are subject to change.

- 2011-08-15 (Monday): Working Group and BOF scheduling begins. To request a
Working Group session, use the IETF Meeting Session Request Tool.
- 2011-09-26 (Monday): Cutoff date for requests to schedule Working Group
meetings at 17:00 PT (00:00 UTC). To request a Working Group session, use
the IETF Meeting Session Request Tool.
- 2011- 10-03 (Monday): Cutoff date for BOF proposal requests to Area
Directors at 17:00 PT (00:00 UTC). To request a BOF, please see instructions
on Requesting a BOF.
- 2011-10-06 (Thursday): Cutoff date for Area Directors to approve BOFs at
17:00 PT (00:00 UTC).
- 2011-10-13 (Thursday): Preliminary agenda published for comment.
- 2011-10-17 (Monday): Cutoff date for requests to reschedule Working Group
and BOF meetings 17:00 PT (00:00 UTC).
- 2011-10-21 (Friday): Final agenda to be published.
- 2011-11-02 (Wednesday): Draft Working Group agendas due by 17:00 PT (00:00
UTC), upload using IETF Meeting Materials Management Tool.
- 2011-11-07 (Monday): Revised Working Group agendas due by 17:00 PT (00:00
UTC), upload using IETF Meeting Materials Management Tool.

Submitting Requests for Working Group and BOF Sessions

Please submit requests to schedule your Working Group sessions using the
"IETF Meeting Session Request Tool," a Web-based tool for submitting all of
the information that the Secretariat requires to schedule your sessions.

The URL for the tool is:

https://datatracker.ietf.org/cgi-bin/wg/wg_session_requester.cgi

Instructions for using the tool are available at:

http://www.ietf.org/instructions/session_request_tool_instruction.html

Please send requests to schedule your BOF sessions to [email-masked].
 Please include the acronym of your BOF in the subject line of the message,
and include all of the information specified in item (4) of "Requesting
Meeting Sessions at IETF Meetings" in the body.  (This document is included
below.)

Submitting Session Agendas

For the convenience of meeting attendees, we ask that you submit the agendas
for your Working Group sessions as early as possible.  Draft Working Group
agendas are due Wednesday, November 2, 2011 by 17:00 PT.  Revised Working
Group agendas are due no later than Monday, November 7, 2011 at 17:00 PT.
 The proposed agenda for a BOF session should be submitted along with your
request for a session.  Please be sure to copy your Area Director on that
message.

Please submit the agendas for your Working Group sessions using the "IETF
Meeting Materials Management Tool," a Web-based tool for making your meeting
agenda, minutes, and presentation slides available to the community before,
during, and after an IETF meeting.  If you are a BOF chair, then you may use
the tool to submit a revised agenda as well as other materials for your BOF
once the BOF has been approved.

The URL for the tool is:

https://datatracker.ietf.org/cgi-bin/wg/wg_proceedings.cgi

Additional information about this tool is available at:

http://www.ietf.org/instructions/meeting_materials_tool.html

Agendas submitted via the tool will be available to the public on the "IETF
Meeting Materials" Web page as soon as they are submitted.

The URL for the "IETF 82 Meeting Materials" Web page is:

https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/82/materials.html

If you are a Working Group chair, then you already have accounts on the
"IETF Meeting Session Request Tool" and the "IETF Meeting Materials
Management Tool."  The same User ID and password will work for both tools.
 If you are a BOF chair who is not also a Working Group chair, then you will
be given an account on the "IETF Meeting Materials Management Tool" when
your BOF has been approved.  If you require assistance in using either tool,
or wish to report a bug, then please send a message to:
[email-masked].
===============================================================
For your convenience, comprehensive information on requesting meeting
sessions at IETF 82 is presented below:

1. Requests to schedule Working Group sessions should be submitted using the
"IETF Meeting Session Request Tool," a Web-based tool for submitting all of
the information required by the Secretariat to schedule your sessions.  The
URL for the tool is:

https://datatracker.ietf.org/cgi-bin/wg/wg_session_requester.cgi

Instructions for using the tool are available at:

http://www.ietf.org/instructions/session_request_tool_instruction.html

If you require an account on this tool, or assistance in using it, then
please send a message to [email-masked].  If you are unable to use the
tool, then you may send your request via e-mail to [email-masked], with a
copy to the appropriate Area Director(s).

Requests to schedule BOF sessions must be sent to [email-masked] with a
copy to the appropriate Area Director(s).

When submitting a Working Group or BOF session request by e-mail, please
include the Working Group or BOF acronym in the Subject line.

2. BOFs will NOT be scheduled unless the Area Director(s) approved request
is accompanied by a BOF'S FULL NAME AND ACRONYM, AREA, CHAIR(S) NAME(S)
(given together with e-mail address(es)), AN AGENDA AND FULL DESCRIPTION,
and the information requested in (4) below. (Please read the BOF Procedure
at: http://www.ietf.org/ietf/1bof-procedures.txt before requesting a session
for a BOF.)

3. A Working Group may request either one or two sessions.  If your Working
Group requires more than two sessions, then your request must be approved by
an Area Director.  Additional sessions will be assigned, based on
availability, after Monday, October 17, 2011 at 17:00 PT, the cut-off date
for requests to reschedule a session.

4. You MUST provide the following information before a Working Group or BOF
session will be scheduled:

   a. Working Group or BOF full name with acronym in brackets:

   b. AREA under which Working Group or BOF appears:

   c. CONFLICTS you wish to avoid, please be as specific as possible:

   d. Expected Attendance:

   e. Special requests:

   f. Number of sessions:

   g. Length of session:
      - 1 hour
      - 1 1/2 hours
      - 2 hours
      - 2 1/2 hours

For more information on scheduling Working Group and BOF sessions, please
refer to RFC 2418 (BCP 25), "IETF Working Group Guidelines and Procedures" (
http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2418.txt).
===============================================================
For your convenience please find here a list of the IETF Area Directors with
their e-mail addresses:

IETF Chair
Russ Housley <[email-masked]>

Applications Area (app)
Pete Resnick <[email-masked]>
Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>

Internet Area (int)
Jari Arkko <[email-masked]>
Ralph Droms <[email-masked]>

Operations & Management Area (ops)
Ronald Bonica <[email-masked]>
Dan Romascanu <[email-masked]>

Real-time Applications and Infrastructure Area (rai)
Gonzalo Camarillo <[email-masked]>
Robert Sparks <[email-masked]>

Routing Area (rtg)
Stewart Bryant <[email-masked]>
Adrian Farrel <[email-masked]>

Security Area (sec)
Stephen Farrell <[email-masked]>
Sean Turner <[email-masked]>

Transport Area (tsv)
Wesley Eddy <[email-masked]>
David Harrington <[email-masked]>
 ===========================================================
81th IETF Meeting Attendance Number - TBA