Subject: [dispatch] IETF-81 DISPATCH Topics/Areas of Focus

From: Mary Barnes <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2011 10:14:43 -0500

Hi folks,

The following topics are tentatively allocated agenda time during the f2f
session in Quebec City:

1) End-to-End Session Identification:
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/dispatch/current/msg03321.html

2) Load Balancing:
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/dispatch/current/msg03649.html

3) BFCP for UDP:
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/dispatch/current/msg03653.html

 Note: agenda time will not be allocated if an updated document is not
available within two weeks.

4) Global Service Provider Identification Number:
http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-pfautz-service-provider-identifier-urn-00.txt

Note: This document needs WG review and feedback prior to the f2f meeting.

The following topics require more ML discussion and WG feedback in order to
determine the best way forward.

1) Application Specific Reason header:
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/dispatch/current/msg03658.html

Need further clarification of the problem that is trying to be solved  -
i.e., less focus on the proposed solution.   Need to identify the issues
with existing functionality (e.g., History-Info, CUSS work) that don't
satisfy the requirements for a solution.

2) 3892bis (*):  draft-loreto-dispatch-3892bis

There has still been virtually no discussion of this proposal.

3)  Real-time Text:
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/dispatch/current/msg03662.html

   - Presentation of Text Conversation in real-time and en-bloc form:
   draft-hellstrom-textpreview-08.txt
   - Text media handling in real-time conferences:
   draft-hellstrom-text-conference-04

Need some WG discussion and feedback.

The following documents are under review by the AD:

1)  IMEI URN:

   - Definition/Registration: draft-montemurro-gsma-imei-urn-06
   - Usage as an Instance ID:  draft-allen-dispatch-imei-urn-as-instanceid

The following topic has previously been discussed in ECRIT and no problem
statement was provided, thus no more discussion is necessary at this point:

1) Emergency Text Messaging using SIP MESSAGE:   draft-kim-dispatch-text-01

Regards,
Mary
DISPATCH WG co-chair