Subject: [dispatch] Q.850 values in Reason header fields

From: Gonzalo Camarillo <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 May 2011 08:52:14 +0300

Folks,

as you know, this topic was dispatched in the last IETF meeting in
Prague. Process wise, I will AD sponsor the document. Therefore, since
DISPATCH has already done its job, further discussions on the draft
should happen on the RAI list <[email-masked]> (i.e., not on the DISPATCH
list any longer).

With respect to the scope of this effort (there have been a few emails
about that), it is limited to inserting Q.850 values in (non-100) SIP
responses. That is, we are not dealing with any other protocol values.
In particular, carrying a SIP response code in a Reason header within a
SIP response is out of scope.

Regarding how to document this, I sent my views to this list a while
ago. In short, my preference would be to explicitly and clearly define
what we want to define instead of publishing an RFC with diffs to be
applied to a few paragraphs of the original RFC (i.e., RFC 3326). I will
work with the editor on how to document the consensus we got in Prague
so that we can progress this piece of work as quickly as possible.

Cheers,

Gonzalo