Subject: [dispatch] draft-loreto-dispatch-3892bis-02

From: Salvatore Loreto <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2011 20:05:48 +0100

Hi,

The draft update RFC3892 by allowing a Referred-By header to contain
two or more URIs to align the behavior to the one defined for 
P-Asserted-Identity header
field in RFC5876.

The draft provides the possibility for a receiver to get all the 
identities expressions,
receiving a TEL URIS in the Referred-By is needed, among the others, in 
the following scenarios:

   o  When the message is interworked to a legacy service that does not
      support the SIP URI and a reply address is needed in that legacy
      service format.  For instance if an Instant Message is sent
      through an interworking function to an SMS user then the sender's
      TEL URI can be translated into an MSISDN in the interworking
      function and sent as the sender address in the SMS message.  The
      SMS user is then able to use this address to send replies to the
      sender.  Because it is not possible to predict ahead of time if
      the message will be interworked or not, there is a need to have
      always both the SIP URI and the TEL URI

   o  Usually clients, in order to be able to display the name or
      identity of the calling party, need the TEL URI.  In fact most of
      the addresses stored in the client's contact list are based on
      phone numbers.  So the client uses the TEL URI to find the
      person's name in the contact list and displays the name along with
      the TEL URI.

The IETF has received a liaison from OMA related to this draft.
You can find it here: 
https://datatracker.ietf.org/documents/LIAISON/file1094.doc

I would like to discuss the draft proposal during the Prague meeting.

Comments are welcome

cheers
/Sal

-- 
Salvatore Loreto
www.sloreto.com