Subject: [dir-coord] Review tracking requirements draft

From: Robert Sparks <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2015 11:03:25 -0600

All -

Tero and I have a start on a draft of requirements for the evolution of 
the review tracking tool.
Please see
<http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-sparks-genarea-review-tracker/>

If you have a team that should be added to the block in the 
introduction, please let us know (and if you have them, send us links 
similar what the draft currently reference for gen-art and secdir).

Please let us know if we've missed something that's important to you.
If it's appropriate for your review teams, ask them to comment as well.

Thanks in advance for any time you can spend helping identify how we can 
make things better.

RjS

---

From: Stephen Farrell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2015 00:39:42 +0000

Hi Robert,

Looks good, some minor comments:

#1 I'm not sure about this bit...

"
      -  The tool should allow the reviewer to enter the review into the
         tool via a web form.  The tool will ensure the review is posted
         to the appropriate lists, and will construct the links to those
         posts in the archives.
"

The IESG debate where to send things now and then as do secdir and
different folks have different reasonable opinions so automating
the To/Cc lists for reviews may not be the best plan for now.

#2 Some documents should not be reviewed. For example we used see
secdir review assignments for IRTF documents. The set of things that
are/are-not reviewed might change over time. Could be worth noting
that.

#3 Maybe there should be an "Other" ReviewResultName - people don't
always find choosing from the set you list that easy I think.

#4 Many academic conference review tools allow a reviewer to pass
on the review (usually to a poor student:-) and to ack that person
in the review text, even if that's posted by the assigned reviewer.
Not sure if we'd like that.

Cheers,
S.

On 10/02/15 17:03, Robert Sparks wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> dir-coord mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dir-coord

---

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2015 16:01:18 -0500

I'm about to fly, and will review the draft on the plane.  But for now:

> If you have a team that should be added to the block in the introduction,
> please let us know (and if you have them, send us links similar what the
> draft currently reference for gen-art and secdir).

AppsDir:
http://trac.tools.ietf.org/area/app/trac/wiki/AppsDirReview

Barry