Subject: [Diffserv] MIB- Related clarifications

From: "Manish Ramesh K" <[email-masked]>
Date: 17 Jan 2003 12:16:59 -0000

Hi

I am supporting SNMP configuration for DiffServ, based on DiffServ 
MIB taken from <draft-ietf-diffserv-mib-16.txt>. I am facing some 
issues, it would be of great help if you could provide me with 
clarifications.

We use a 2 layer model - forwarding plane and control plane.

1)When the row status is ACTIVE and user wants to modify an object 
of that row, is each change expected to be reflected in the 
forwarding plane ?

2)Is it appropriate to have a limitation that in order to modify 
objects of an ACTIVE row, the user must set the row status of the 
row being modified to NOTINSERVICE, then modify the object and 
again set the row status back to ACTIVE?

3)Also, when I have an ACTIVE configuration like this
"DataPathStart--->ClassifierEntry--->MeterEntry---->MarkerEntry"
and the user wants to modify the marker entry. If he sets the row 
status of the marker entry from ACTIVE to NOTINSERVICE. What 
should happen to the forwarding path ?
a) Should we remove all the entries pointing to this marker entry, 
and its dependents as well ? Or
b) Should we continue to have the marker entry till the user 
modifies it and sets the status to ACTIVE and then update it?

TIA,
Manish.

_______________________________________________
diffserv mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/diffserv
Archive: http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/working-groups/diffserv/current/maillist.html