Subject: [Diffserv] [Fwd: RFC 3260 on New Terminology and Clarifications for Diffserv]

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 10:13:28 +0200

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: RFC 3260 on New Terminology and Clarifications for Diffserv
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 16:52:05 -0700
From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
To: IETF-Announce: ;
CC: [email-masked], [email-masked]

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3260

        Title:	    New Terminology and Clarifications for Diffserv
        Author(s):  D. Grossman
        Status:	    Informational
	Date:       April 2002
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      10
        Characters: 21900
        Updates:    2474, 2475, 2597

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-diffserv-new-terms-08.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3260.txt

This memo captures Diffserv working group agreements concerning new
and improved terminology, and provides minor technical
clarifications.  It is intended to update RFC 2474, RFC 2475 and RFC
2597.  When RFCs 2474 and 2597 advance on the standards track, and
RFC 2475 is updated, it is intended that the revisions in this memo
will be incorporated, and that this memo will be obsoleted by the new
RFCs.

This document is a product of the Differentiated Services Working
Group of the IETF.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute