Subject: [Diffserv] RFC 3246 on An Expedited Forwarding PHB

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 17:04:18 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3246

        Title:	    An Expedited Forwarding PHB (Per-Hop Behavior) 
        Author(s):  B. Davie, A. Charny, J.C.R. Bennet,
                    K. Benson, J.Y. Le Boudec, W. Courtney,
                    S. Davari, V. Firoiu, D. Stiliadis 
        Status:     Standards Track
	Date:       March 2002
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked] 
        Pages:      16
        Characters: 33896
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:  None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-diffserv-rfc2598bis-02.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3246.txt

This document defines a PHB (per-hop behavior) called Expedited
Forwarding (EF).  The PHB is a basic building block in the
Differentiated Services architecture.  EF is intended to provide a
building block for low delay, low jitter and low loss services by
ensuring that the EF aggregate is served at a certain configured
rate.  This document obsoletes RFC 2598.

This document is a product of the Differentiated Services Working
Group of the IETF.

This document is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.  

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.