Subject: [Diffserv] RFC 3247 on Supplemental Information

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 17:07:42 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3247

        Title:	    Supplemental Information for the New Definition of
                    the EF PHB (Expedited Forwarding Per-Hop Behavior)
        Author(s):  A. Charny, J. Bennet, K. Benson, J. Boudec, 
                    A. Chiu, W. Courtney, S. Davari, V. Firoiu, 
                    C. Kalmanek, K. Ramakrishnan 
        Status:     Informational
	Date:       March 2002
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], [email-masked],
                    [email-masked] 
        Pages:      25
        Characters: 53786
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:  None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-diffserv-ef-supplemental-01.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3247.txt

This document was written during the process of clarification of
RFC 2598 "An Expedited Forwarding PHB" that led to the publication of
revised specification of EF "An Expedited Forwarding PHB".  Its
primary motivation is providing additional explanation to the revised
EF definition and its properties.  The document also provides
additional implementation examples and gives some guidance for
computation of the numerical parameters of the new definition for
several well known schedulers and router architectures.

This document is a product of the Differentiated Services Working
Group of the IETF.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.