Subject: Re: [Diffserv] Diffserv at SLC and in future

From: Roland Bless <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2001 18:09:50 +0100

[email-masked] said:
> We do have two PDB drafts in progress that aren't yet ready to
> publish, draft-ietf-diffserv-pdb-ar-01.txt and  draft-ietf-diffserv-pdb
> -bh-03.txt. Both need to have their experience sections filled in
> before they can be advanced to RFC, but they are still "alive" as
> documents and list discussion, particularly of experience, is still
> relevant. We note that the next revision of the Bulk Handling PDB
> draft is in Roland Bless's hands (to add experience) and, we believe,
> is expected in Jan or Feb or 02.  

Just a quick confirmation that Jan/Feb 02 is reasonable. Currently,
some more simulations are done, some first results of using Limited
Effort in a multicast context are also listed in Appendix B of 
draft-bless-diffserv-multicast-02.txt.

Implementation experience is possibly also gathered by Internet2 people
with their QBSS, but I couldn't find any pointer in the qbss definition
to the BH or LE drafts, although it seems to be derived from our inital
proposal. So we are not sure whether we could/should include a section
about QBSS experience. Furthermore, we think that it would be a good
idea to rename Bulk Handling PDB into Limited Effort PDB, because BH may
be a little bit misleading for its potential application cases.

Regards,
 Roland and Klaus

-- 
Roland Bless -- e-Mail: [email-masked]
Institute of Telematics, University of Karlsruhe, Germany  
Zirkel 2, D-76128 Karlsruhe -- Office: Bld. 20.20, 3rd floor, R 358
Phone: +49 721 608-6413 Fax: +49 721 388097

_______________________________________________
diffserv mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/diffserv
Archive: http://www2.ietf.org/mail-archive/working-groups/diffserv/current/maillist.html

---

From: "Jim Fleming" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2001 13:13:19 -0600

> > -bh-03.txt. Both need to have their experience sections filled in

Is there any running code ?

This may help...
http://www.dot-biz.com/IPv4/Tutorial/

The Netfilter Project: Packet Mangling for Linux 2.4
http://netfilter.samba.org

Jim Fleming
http://www.IPv8.info
IPv16....One Better !!