Subject: [Diffserv] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-diffserv-new-terms-06.txt

From: Dan Grossman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2001 10:19:06 -0500

As you have seen in your mailbox, a new revision of the new terms draft has 
been posted.  The changes were clarfications requested by the chairs.  
Specifically, text was added to describe the relationship between SLS and 
service provisioning policy, and to better explain that RFC 1349 is obsoleted 
by RFC 2474.  One or two words were also changed in the abstract, and a minor 
error there was corrected.

There is also a minor issue that the chairs will raise with the IESG.  During 
the first round of discussions on RFC 1349, it was pointed out that TOS bit 
processing is required in RFC 1812.  As a result, by obsoleting TOS processing 
in RFC 791 and RFC 1349, RFC 2474 also implicitly obsoletes that part of RFC 
1812.  However, there has been no explicit IESG action to that effect.

Dan

_______________________________________________
diffserv mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/diffserv
Archive: http://www2.ietf.org/mail-archive/working-groups/diffserv/current/maillist.html