Subject: [Diffserv] Minor Errors in DiffServ MIB-14 dated Mon Oct 01 22:45:00 2001

From: "Kwok-Ho Chan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2001 14:49:23 -0400

Fred:
Just some minor errors in some of the text.

The attribute diffServClfrElementClfrId has been removed but some text still
reference this attribute.  I remember we corrected these while we were in
London, but seeing them in the latest pre-post -14 again.
More specifically, the changes are:

1.
When the MIB is used for configuration, diffServClfrNextFree and
diffServClfrElementNextFree always contain legal values for
diffServClfrId and diffServClfrElementClfrId that are not currently used
in the system's configuration.  The values are validated when creating
diffServClfrId and diffServClfrElementClfrId, and in the event of a
failure (which would happen if two managers simultaneously attempted to
create an entry) must be re-read.  diffServClfrElementClfrId must not be
read before diffServClfrId, but the two may be read in the same GET, in
order to avoid such collisions..

should be:

When the MIB is used for configuration, diffServClfrNextFree and
diffServClfrElementNextFree always contain legal values for
diffServClfrId and diffServClfrElementId that are not currently used
in the system's configuration.  The values are validated when creating
diffServClfrId and diffServClfrElementId, and in the event of a
failure (which would happen if two managers simultaneously attempted to
create an entry) must be re-read.

2.
Typically, such a table has an associated NextFree variable e.g.
diffServClfrNextFree which provides a suitable value for the index of
the next row to be created e.g. diffServClfrElementClfrId. The value
zero is used to indicate that the agent can configure no more entries.
The table also has a columnar Status attribute with RowStatus syntax
[6].

should be:

Typically, such a table has an associated NextFree variable e.g.
diffServClfrNextFree which provides a suitable value for the index of
the next row to be created e.g. diffServClfrId. The value
zero is used to indicate that the agent can configure no more entries.
The table also has a columnar Status attribute with RowStatus syntax
[6].

3.
diffServClfrEntry OBJECT-TYPE
     SYNTAX       DiffServClfrEntry
     MAX-ACCESS   not-accessible
     STATUS       current
     DESCRIPTION
        "An entry in the classifier table describes a single classifier.
        All classifier elements belonging to the same classifier uses the
        classifier's diffServClfrId in their diffServClfrElementClfrId
        attribute."
     INDEX { diffServClfrId }
     ::= { diffServClfrTable 1 }

should be:

diffServClfrEntry OBJECT-TYPE
     SYNTAX       DiffServClfrEntry
     MAX-ACCESS   not-accessible
     STATUS       current
     DESCRIPTION
        "An entry in the classifier table describes a single classifier.
        All classifier elements belonging to the same classifier uses the
        classifier's diffServClfrId as part of their index."
     INDEX { diffServClfrId }
     ::= { diffServClfrTable 1 }

Thanks!
-- Kwok --

_______________________________________________
diffserv mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/diffserv
Archive: http://www2.ietf.org/mail-archive/working-groups/diffserv/current/maillist.html