Subject: [Diffserv] Protocol Action: An Expedited Forwarding PHB to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2001 07:01:11 -0400

The IESG has approved the Internet-Draft 'An Expedited Forwarding PHB'
<draft-ietf-diffserv-rfc2598bis-02.txt> as a Proposed Standard.

The IESG also approved publication of the following two documents as
Informational RFCs:

 o Supplemental Information for the New Definition of the EF PHB
	<draft-ietf-diffserv-ef-supplemental-01.txt>
 o A Delay Bound alternative revision of RFC2598 
	<draft-ietf-diffserv-efresolve-01.txt>

These documents are the product of the Differentiated Services Working
Group.  The IESG contact persons are Allison Mankin and Scott Bradner.

Technical Summary
 
 An Expedited Forwarding PHB obsoletes RFC 2598.  It defines a diffserv
 per hop behavior known as Expedited Forwarding (EF). EF provides a
 building block for low delay, low jitter and low loss services.  It
 operates by ensuring that the EF aggregate is served at a certain
 configured rate.

Working Group Summary

 This document is the result of an extended discussion in the Working
 Group.  It represents the consensus of the WG but there are a number
 of people who disagreed with the result.

Protocol Quality

 The document was reviewed for the IESG by Scott Bradner.

Note to RFC Editor:

 Please note that reference [3] in draft-ietf-diffserv-rfc2598bis-02.txt
 is not 2119 as text indicates.

_______________________________________________
diffserv mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/diffserv
Archive: http://www2.ietf.org/mail-archive/working-groups/diffserv/current/maillist.html