Subject: [Diffserv] IndexInteger vs. InstanceId

From: Juergen Schoenwaelder <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2001 17:22:16 +0200

The DiffServ MIB uses the IndexInteger TC which is an Unsigned32
(1..2147483647) while the DiffServ PIB uses the SPPI InstanceId
which is an Unsigned32 (1..4294967295).

This basically means that it is possible to create instances via
COPS-PR which you can not monitor with SNMP without introducing a
mapping between IndexInteger and InstanceId values.

Perhaps it is more useful to change IndexInteger to Unsigned32
(1..4294967295) and IndexIntegerNextFree to just Unsigned32.

/js

-- 
Juergen Schoenwaelder      Technical University Braunschweig
<[email-masked]>  Dept. Operating Systems & Computer Networks
Phone: +49 531 391 3289    Muehlenpfordtstr. 23, 38106 Braunschweig, Germany
Fax:   +49 531 391 5936    <URL:http://www.ibr.cs.tu-bs.de/~schoenw/>

_______________________________________________
diffserv mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/diffserv
Archive: http://www2.ietf.org/mail-archive/working-groups/diffserv/current/maillist.html

---

From: Fred Baker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2001 10:43:12 -0700

>which is an Unsigned32 (1..4294967295).

the current MIB markup matches the PIB...