Subject: Re: [Diffserv] DSCP tag consistency in Service Provider's network

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2001 11:03:07 +0200

Hi Sanjeev,

> Question is, in order to provide a particular class of service (eg., Gold)
> to a customer, does a service provider will always mark the customer's IP
> packets with the same DSCP value while the packet is inside the service
> provider's network?

The marking operation is typically done when the packets are received at the borders of the network. Whether or not all packets received from the customer, are marked with the same DSCP, depends on the SLA between the customer and the service provider.
Example: The in-profile packets received from the customer may be marked with AF11 while out-of-profile packets may be marked with AF12.

Best regards,

     Francis.

-----------------

Sanjeev Chakravarty <[email-masked]> on 01/09/2001 01:25:47

 To:      [email-masked]                                   
                                                              
 cc:      (bcc: Francis ARTS/BE/ALCATEL)                      

 Subject: [Diffserv] DSCP tag consistency in Service          
          Provider's network                                  

Hi,

Question is, in order to provide a particular class of service (eg., Gold)
to a customer, does a service provider will always mark the customer's IP
packets with the same DSCP value while the packet is inside the service
provider's network?

Thanks,

Sanjeev Chakravarty

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2001 11:03:07 +0200

Hi Sanjeev,

Best regards,

     Francis.

-----------------

                                                              
 To:      [email-masked]                                   

                                                              

Hi,

Thanks,

Sanjeev Chakravarty

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2001 11:03:07 +0200

Hi Sanjeev,

Best regards,

     Francis.

-----------------

                                                              
 To:      [email-masked]                                   

                                                              

Hi,

Thanks,

Sanjeev Chakravarty