Subject: [Diffserv] comments from Dave Perkins regarding Discontinuity Timers

From: Fred Baker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2001 11:42:29 -0700

Dave Perkins sent a note to the authors of the MIB with a set of comments. 
Many of them are at a nit level, and will be handled directly. This, 
however, calls for some working group comment.

>8) It seems like counter discontinuities can occur whenever
>    counters are added/removed to/from the "action chain", and
>    not just interface discontinuity events. (And for any other
>    chain.) If so, then the rows that contain counters should
>    have a discontinuity timestamp column.

This revisits a discussion we had a couple of weeks ago. I'm looking to the 
working group for guidance here  I can readily enough add the discontinuity 
timestamps back, one beside every pair of counters.

_______________________________________________
diffserv mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/diffserv
Archive: http://www2.ietf.org/mail-archive/working-groups/diffserv/current/maillist.html

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 15:19:20 -0500

> timestamps back, one beside every pair of counters.

I don't think so. The consensus for what you have now seemed fairly clear
(as far as any consensus is clear on a 2000 member list with about ten
active particpants).

   Brian