Subject: [Diffserv] MPLS support of differentiated services over ATM

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 16:33:33 +0100

Dear All,
Is there any document which details how diffserv can be supported in an MPLS
environment and how PHB mappings over an underlying technology for example
ATM can be done. What is the main difference between Per Hop Behaviour and
PSC(Per 	Scheduing Class). How do these two tie in together? 

Any help would be appreciated

Regards
Asim

Vodafone

_______________________________________________
diffserv mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/diffserv
Archive: http://www2.ietf.org/mail-archive/working-groups/diffserv/current/maillist.html

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 11:38:05 -0500

Asim,

Mappings onto lower layers are not considered by the diffserv WG, which deals
with the IP layer. These mappings are being developed elsewhere (in the ATM
Forum and over in MPLS land, see
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mpls-diff-ext-09.txt ).

   Brian Carpenter
   diffserv co-chair

P.S. The place for general discussion of diffserv issues is the diffserv-interest list;
please see http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/diffserv-interest