Subject: [Diffserv] -05 version of the new terms draft

From: Dan Grossman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 10:32:34 -0400

As you saw from today's announcement, the latest and greatest version of the 
new terms draft is now available.

This was strictly an editorial pass.  The changes since the -04 version are 
intended to get the draft into shape for publication as an RFC, and capture a 
couple of group consensuses since -04.   There was working group consensus at 
the London meeting to make this an informational RFC, to be obsoleted when RFC 
2474 is updated and progressed on the standards track.  I presume that RFC 
2475 and RFC 2597 would also be updated around the same time.  Also, this 
draft identified clarifications  to RFC 2598 that have been reflected into RFC 
2598bis.  In addition, the draft captures WG consensus on some clarifications 
that aren't strictly new terminology;  I've nuanced that point in a couple of 
places in the text. 

I presume that the chairs will want to issue a last call fairly soon.

Dan

_______________________________________________
diffserv mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/diffserv
Archive: http://www2.ietf.org/mail-archive/working-groups/diffserv/current/maillist.html

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 15:12:09 -0500

> I presume that the chairs will want to issue a last call fairly soon.

Very soon, since the WG agreed in principle to this in London. We'll just wait
a day or so in case anything very obvious pops up. 

   Brian