Subject: [Diffserv] Mib v9 vs. v10

From: "Jessie Le Moullac" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 18:14:40 -0700

Hello-
  I am currently implementing a diffserv MIB based upon
draft-ietf-diffserv-mib-10.txt.  I see that one of the changes from v9 to
v10 is that the diffServDataPathStart should point to (amongst other
possibilities) an instance of diffServcClfrElementEntry, vs. an instance of
diffServClfrEntry. This doesn't make sense to me. In our current environment
(running on Linux), we have 1 entry in the DPT for our egress interface, 1
entry in the CLT  for dsmark 1, and multiple entries in the CLEMT for each
unique classification. The entry in the DPT should logically point to the
first entry in the CLT, not the CLEMT. Could you please tell me why you have
made this change?
Regards,
Jessie le Moullac

_______________________________________________
diffserv mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/diffserv
Archive: http://www2.ietf.org/mail-archive/working-groups/diffserv/current/maillist.html

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 10:18:11 -0500

Jessie, you need to switch to the -11 version of the MIB that was just published.

   Brian