Subject: [Diffserv] DiffServ MIB Issue

From: Tom Irwin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 09:23:48 -0500

The DiffServ model clearly states in section 3.2 (see figure 2) that it
is not mandatory that all functional data path elements (classify,
meter, action, queuing) be implemented at both ingress and egress.

We have an Ethernet DiffServ router that has classifiers and meters for
ingress and not for egress.  Each egress port does have four traffic
queues.

The draft DiffServ MIB diffServDataPathTable allows for a given ifIndex
(i.e., port) and traffic direction (ingress or egress) the ability to
point to a single data path element.

Question:  Without an egress classifier or meter, how can the
diffServDataPathTable be used to point to all four egress queues?  This
is necessary to set up the WRR weights using the
diffServAssuredRateTable.

Thank you for your assistance,
Tom Irwin

_______________________________________________
diffserv mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/diffserv
Archive: http://www2.ietf.org/mail-archive/working-groups/diffserv/current/maillist.html