Subject: [Diffserv] doubts on draft-ietf-differv-model-06.txt

From: Ashley Shi <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 16:04:54 -0500

Can any author clarify the following questions for Appendix A?

1) Is the token interval used the same as the token update interval? If
yes, its definition in informal model is not consistent with most
implementations. The token update interval is a preconfigured value for
token bucket meter, which is not directly correlated with B/R, for
example, a implementation may use 2000 updates per sec, anther one may
use 4000 updates per sec.

2) The description for strict token bucket on page 50 doesn't match the
mathematical model in A.4.
   The description implies when new tokens to the bucket, the upper
bound B deesn''t hold.
   The mathematical model does bound the number of tokens in the bucket
by bucket size B.

Thank you very much.

Ashley Shi

_______________________________________________
diffserv mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/diffserv
Archive: http://www2.ietf.org/mail-archive/working-groups/diffserv/current/maillist.html

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 15:21:44 -0500

I haven't seen any response to these questions. I'd like to see
a response from the authors ASAP so that we are sure we can
issue a Last Call at the same time as the MIB.

   Brian Carpenter
   diffserv co-chair