Subject: [Diffserv] I-D ACTION:draft-bless-diffserv-mcast-routerext-00.txt (fwd)

From: Roland Bless <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 11:02:45 +0200

Hi,

when looking back to 46th IETF meeting minutes, there are still
some open multicast issues. This short proposal might be of interest
for some people here. It would be nice to get any feedback from people
here, especially manufacturers of routers.

Regards,
 Roland

P.S.: Sorry, I currently don't know any other WG that is more appropriate
for discussion of this issue.

------- Forwarded Message
A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: A Router Extension to Support Multicast in 
                          Differentiated Services Networks
	Author(s)	: R. Bless, K. Wehrle
	Filename	: draft-bless-diffserv-mcast-routerext-00.txt
	Pages		: 4
	Date		: 16-Jul-01
	
This draft proposes an extension to the multicast routing table in
routers in order to achieve better support for using multicast
within Differentiated Services (DS) networks. Only one additional DS
codepoint for each virtual interface in the multicast routing table
is required to open up a variety of different uses, e.g., to solve
resource provisioning problems or to support heterogeneous DiffServ
multicast groups.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bless-diffserv-mcast-routerext-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-bless-diffserv-mcast-routerext-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-bless-diffserv-mcast-routerext-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

------- End of Forwarded Message

-- 
Roland Bless -- e-Mail: [email-masked]
Institute of Telematics, University of Karlsruhe, Germany  
Zirkel 2, D-76128 Karlsruhe -- Office: Bld. 20.20, 3rd floor, R 358
Phone: +49 721 608-6413 Fax: +49 721 388097

_______________________________________________
diffserv mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/diffserv
Archive: http://www2.ietf.org/mail-archive/working-groups/diffserv/current/maillist.html

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2001 10:02:44 -0500

Roland,

Have you discussed with the Routing ADs how to follow up on this? 
That is certainly something to do in London.

   Brian

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2001 13:00:15 -0500

We are scheduled to meet, if the MIB and PIB drafts get submitted
before the cutoff (er, about 3 hours from now). In the latest variant 
of the agenda, we are on THURSDAY, August 9, 2001 from 0900-1130. The 
detailed agenda is due by July 31 at the latest.

  Brian

Roland Bless wrote:
> Brian,
> Yes, I followed Kathie's advice to contact them in order to
> get a hint for an appropriate WG for discussion of this issue.
> So we already contacted the Routing ADs by e-mail, but Rob wanted
> to know something about the operational requirements for this work
> (this was before we wrote the draft). Therefore, we'd like to get
> feedback from the community. However, we are looking forward to
> discuss about it in London.
> 
>  Roland
> 
> P.S.: Will the diffserv WG meet in London? I didn't see any
> agenda yet.
> 
> >    Brian
> >
> > Roland Bless wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi,
> > >

---

From: Roland Bless <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2001 18:37:17 +0200

Brian,

 Roland