Subject: [Diffserv] Linux Diffserv

From: "GOPAL NAYAK" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 20:25:57 -0500

Hello All,
  In which layer most of these diffserver work ? Though ideally they should
work in IP layer ( Network layer) but I wonder whether most diffserver
implementation support it in Data Link Layer ? Where is it implemented in
Linux ?

 Second, do we have a situation where route has two ingress and two egress
o/p and each of them having different SLA ?

                                      SLA1  -------------------------------
SLA3
From domain 1                   ---------| dm1     FIB module     dm3
|--------------------> To domain 3
From domain 2                   ---------| dm2               |
dm4   |---------------------> To domain 4

                                      SLA3   -------------------------------
SLA4

In this case do we need to have diffserver module (classifier, scheduler
ect) at each interface ?

Regards,
Gopal