Subject: [DiffServ] Question on diffServDscpMarkActEntry

From: Banu Mohan <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 13:16:32 -0500

Hi all,

From my understanding of draft-diffserv-mib-09,

diffServDscpMarkActTable can be used to mark/remark dscp. This table is
accessed from the diffServActionSpecific object which is a row-pointer
that points to a diffServDscpMarkActEntry or diffServCountActEntry.

Following are the questions related to the diffServDscpMarkActTable

1. diffServDscpMarkActTable contains one table object, which is the
index object itself. Why is this index object diffServDscpMarkActDscp
defined as read-only?

2. How do we write into this table ?

3. How do we remark any dscp to any other dscp using this table ?

4. Since there is only one index object in this table, any SET to this
table eventually changes the index field.

e.g. Index    -----    Dscp
------------------------------
1                          001010
2                          001100
3                          001110
--                          --------
--                         ---------
--                         ---------
64                        100110

Lets say I would like to remark 001110 in Index 3 to EF DSCP "101110"
using  diffServDscpMarkActTable.

The table will not let me change the entry due to "read-only" access.
How do I change the index object which is same as the object to be
remarked?

5. I would like to know when will be the version 10 of
draft-ietf-diffserv-mib-10 be released ?

6. Which Filter Table is used to configure Behavior Aggregate (BA)
(Setting DSCP only)?
Since the diffServSixTupleClfrTable is based on [MODEL] section 4.2.2 (
which is Multi-Field (MF) Classifier.

Thank you
Banu

_______________________________________________
diffserv mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/diffserv
Archive: http://www2.ietf.org/mail-archive/working-groups/diffserv/current/maillist.html