Subject: [Diffserv] scheduling/shaping

From: "S. Babar Raza" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 15:44:16 -0700

Hi,

I am new to QoS. I am little confused about the difference between the
scheduling and shaping elements, are they same or two different
elements, do they occur in a particular order in a diffserv router
(scheduling is performed before shaping or the other way round) ? are
they done on the egress side or the ingress side ?

Does any one know of any paper that discusses the implementation of
scheduler or shapers ?

Babar

_______________________________________________
diffserv mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/diffserv
Archive: http://www2.ietf.org/mail-archive/working-groups/diffserv/current/maillist.html

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 08:00:04 -0500

Hi everybody, can we please keep this list for its intended purpose,
i.e. discussion of diffserv standards definition?

Thanks
   Brian Carpenter
   diffserv co-chair

-- 
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Brian E Carpenter 
Distinguished Engineer, Internet Standards & Technology, IBM 
On assignment for IBM at http://www.iCAIR.org 
Board Chairman, Internet Society http://www.isoc.org