Subject: [Diffserv] MONET cfp on Performance Evaluation of Qos Architectures in Mobile Networks

From: Sandor Molnar <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2001 14:42:07 +0200

Our apologies, if you receive multiple copies of this CfP.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

CALL FOR PAPERS

Special Issue of the Journal on Special Topics in Mobile
Networking and Applications (MONET) on

Performance Evaluation of Qos Architectures in Mobile Networks

GUEST EDITORS

Dr. Sándor Molnár
High Speed Networks Laboratory
Dept. of Telecommunication and Telematics
Budapest University of Technology and Economics
Pázmány Péter s. 1/D, H-1117 Budapest, Hungary
Phone: +36 1 463 3889
Fax: +36 1 463 3107
Email: [email-masked]

Dr. Kin K. Leung
AT&T Labs, Room 5A-1D35
200 South Laurel Avenue
Middletown, NJ 07748, U.S.A.
phone: 732-420-9041
fax: 732-368-9426
email: [email-masked]

OVERVIEW:

Future mobile networks are being designed for carrying multimedia
calls, including voice and bursty data transmission. Many studies
have predicted a large increase of customer demands for the mobile
services and applications in the near future. To meet these
demands with adequate Quality of Services (QoS), we must devise
efficient network and service architectures. In contrast to the
wired networks, there is not enough understanding or availability
of traffic characteristics, measurements, performance analysis and
models for mobile networks. However, such understanding of
teletraffic issues is vital for designing and dimensioning
efficient mobile networks.

These networks will incorporate different networking technologies,
control algorithms and versatile services. How to guarantee the
required QoS of mobile services as expected by customers, using
present and future technologies, presents a real challenge for
mobile-network researchers.

SCOPE:

This special issue will concentrate on the performance evaluation
of different architectures supporting QoS in mobile networks, and
the traffic issues and performance models in such environments.

Areas of interest include but are not limited to

* Performance evaluation of
   wireless ATM,
   wireless LANs,
   wireless Internet and Intranet
   mobile IP and nomadic communications
   next generation mobile systems, UMTS and IMT-2000
   mobile multimedia and mobile personal communication
* Resource management, dynamic channel and bandwidth assignment
* Quality of Service and Service Level Guarantees in mobile systems
* Admission Control in mobile networks
* Models of mobile user traffic generation
* Traffic measurements and analysis of mobile networks
* Traffic models in mobile networks
* Mobility management protocols and performance
* Internetworking of wireless and wired networks for QoS

PUBLICATION SCHEDULE:

MANUSCRIPT DUE: October 31, 2001 
ACCEPTANCE NOTIFICATION: March 29, 2002 
FINAL MANUSCRIPT DUE: May 31, 2002 

SUBMISSION GUIDELINES:

Authors should submit an electronic postscript or pdf copy of their
papers to both guest editors ([email-masked],
[email-masked]) by the due date. Submissions should be limited
to 20 double space pages excluding figures, graphs and illustrations. 
If email submission is impossible, then three (3) copies of the paper
should be sent by the due date to each of the co-guest editors.

For more information visit: http://www.wkap.nl/kaphtml.htm/MONECFP4