Subject: [Diffserv] draft-ietf-diffserv-2836bis-02.txt

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 May 2001 08:41:02 -0500

Diffservers,

You will shortly see a new version of RFC2836bis (the PHB Identifier document).
This is because a comment was received during IETF Last Call from one
of the document's own authors - we needed to clarify the meaning of a
PHBID in the case of a PHB Scheduling Class, so a paragraph has been
added.

Since this is a simple clarification, we won't repeat the WG Last Call
process, but there will be a second IETF Last Call to meet the formal
requirements of the standards process.

fyi the added paragraph reads:

   In both cases, when a single PHBID is used to identify a set of PHBs
   (i.e., bit 14 is set to 1), that set of PHBs MUST constitute a PHB
   Scheduling Class (i.e., use of PHBs from the set MUST NOT cause
   intra-microflow traffic reordering when different PHBs from the set
   are applied to traffic in the same microflow).  The set of AF1x PHBs
   [RFC 2597] is an example of a PHB Scheduling Class.  Sets of PHBs
   that do not constitute a PHB Scheduling Class can be identified by
   using more than one PHBID.

Regards
   Brian
   co-author and co-chair

_______________________________________________
diffserv mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/diffserv
Archive: http://www2.ietf.org/mail-archive/working-groups/diffserv/current/maillist.html