Subject: [Diffserv] draft-ietf-diffserv-mib-09.txt MIB errors

From: Tom Irwin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2001 16:12:15 -0500

Would someone please help me?

I compiled the "draft-ietf-diffserv-mib-09.txt" MIB and got the
following errors and warnings:

Errors (IMPORT errors):
- InetAddressPrefixLength not found in INET-ADDRESS-MIB
- InetPortNumber not found in INET-ADDRESS-MIB
     where INET-ADDRESS-MIB is defined in RFC 2851

Warnings:
- Textual-convention "Dscp" defined but not referenced.
- Textual-convention "DscpOrAny" defined but not referenced.
- Warning:  "zeroDotZero" imported but not used.

Also, are there any significant changes anticipated for this MIB, or is
this version close to the final cut?

Thank you,
Tom Irwin

_______________________________________________
diffserv mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/diffserv
Archive: http://www2.ietf.org/mail-archive/working-groups/diffserv/current/maillist.html

---

From: Brecht Vermeulen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2001 23:54:38 +0200

>      where INET-ADDRESS-MIB is defined in RFC 2851

You have to include the update of this MIB :
draft-ietf-ops-rfc2851-update-00.txt

> - Warning:  "zeroDotZero" imported but not used.

You have to compile also the small MIB included in the draft :
dscp-tc-mib 

best regards,

Brecht Vermeulen
Ghent University
Belgium

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2001 17:12:40 -0500

Tom,

There will be a mib-10 version soon - Fred Baker left the editorial meeting
with at least 25 things to update, some of which are substantive, so yes 
there will be changes I'm afraid. And we will have to check that the
new one compiles.

   Brian

---

From: Brecht Vermeulen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2001 00:19:01 +0200

> You have to compile also the small MIB included in the draft :

sorry, I've answered too fast.
The problem is that there are two MIBs in the text file and some
compilers only compile the first small dscp-tc-mib. The solution is to
split them up manually and compile both of them separately.

---

From: Brecht Vermeulen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2001 00:48:55 +0200

> You have to compile also the small MIB included in the draft :

oops, answered too fast.

In the draft text file, there are two MIBs, the dscp-tc-mib and the
diffserv-mib. Most compilers only compile the first one. The workaround
is too split them up in two files and compile them separately. Therefore
you see the warnings that those definitions are not used.

So, yes they compile (the mib authors have used smicng to develop them).