Subject: [Diffserv] please review the MIB

From: Fred Baker <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2001 12:41:38 -0800

I have posted the updated MIB as 
ftp://ftpeng.cisco.com/fred/diffserv/draft-ietf-diffserv-mib-07.txt. I have 
also dropped a note to [email-masked] to post it. That will 
likely happen early next week.

I again ran it through diffmk from the -06 version, so that differences are 
highlighted. I have made it run through SMICng, which is a pretty stringent 
SMI test. The compliance clauses are correct. I have also run it through 
ispell.

There is some disagreement among the authors as to whether it correctly 
reflects the working group's intentions regarding the shaper. We believe 
that we have faithfully done the rest. What I would like to see is focused 
remarks on the mailing list; I suspect we have at least one more iteration 
before we are done.

If Brian and Kathy want to declare this to be a "last call", so be it. I 
personally suspect we will be last-calling a -08 version in a couple of weeks.

_______________________________________________
diffserv mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/diffserv
Archive: http://www2.ietf.org/mail-archive/working-groups/diffserv/current/maillist.html

---

From: Fred Baker <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 04 Feb 2001 12:19:10 -0800

At Andrew's request, I have posted a change-bar edition of the model 
document for review. The URL is 
ftp://ftpeng.cisco.com/fred/diffserv/draft-ietf-diffserv-model-06.txt

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 04 Feb 2001 16:55:28 -0600

Well, 

a) thanks to the authors. This is quite a big piece of work.
b) think of the next ten days as a virtual last call. Please concentrate
on the shaper issue that Fred mentions - we believe that all other issues
have been adjusted according to the discussion in San Diego. After that
we may have to make a quick -08 revision, but then we will proceed
to WG last call. There is no plan to discuss the MIB again in Minneapolis.

   Brian

Fred Baker wrote:
> Archive: 
http://www2.ietf.org/mail-archive/working-groups/diffserv/current/maillist.html

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2001 09:54:17 -0600

And again, thanks to Andrew and the co-authors for this large quantum of work.

We do believe that all the issues raised up to now have been resolved.
So please look for an informal last call on this draft, in parallel
with the formal last call on the MIB, in a week or so.

   Brian

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2001 13:55:26 -0600

Please note that the 10 days allocated to discuss this version (-07)
of the MIB expire on February 14. So far I have seen no discussion
of the shaper issue where the authors slightly disagree. Unless there
is discussion before Feb. 14, the -08 version for last call will contain 
whatever the majority of the authors chooses.

  Brian

-- 
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Brian E Carpenter 
Program Director, Internet Standards & Technology, IBM 
On assignment for IBM at http://www.iCAIR.org 
Board Chairman, Internet Society http://www.isoc.org
Non-IBM email: [email-masked]