Subject: [Diffserv] Please use plain text...

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2001 07:53:46 -0600

I've noticed a number of people using some variety of rich text
in their diffserv postings - html encoded message bodies,
colour, etc.

This is not OK. Not everybody has a user agent that can deal
with this, and colour simply doesn't work as a away to
distinguish different writers' text when the user agent
doesn't handle rich text. 

The IETF norm is plain text with a fixed-width font such as 
Courier, short lines, and no automatic line wrap.

Please set your user agent to use plain text, and use one
of the established techniques
> such as this
to quote the text you are responding to.

Thanks
   Brian 
   diffserv co-chair

_______________________________________________
diffserv mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/diffserv
Archive: http://www2.ietf.org/mail-archive/working-groups/diffserv/current/maillist.html