Subject: [Diffserv] FYI: Nortel IPR disclosure for diffserv

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 14:06:52 -0600

http://www.ietf.org/ietf/IPR/NORTEL-DIFFSERV

"This is to advise the IETF that Nortel Networks has filed US and
international patent applications that may relate to the IETF Differentiated
Services technology.

Where there is a necessary dependence upon this intellectual property in
implementations of Differentiated Services technology, Nortel Networks
hereby agrees to license on fair, reasonable, and non-discriminatory terms
to all parties, any patent claims it owns covering such technology, solely
to the extent this technology is essential to comply with this standard, but
on the condition that any such party grants to Nortel Networks and its
corporate affiliates a reciprocal license under that party's patents for
which there is also a necessary dependence.

Any questions related to this statement may be addressed to:

Gib Ritenour
Director, Technical Standards & Patent Strategy
Nortel Networks
e-mail: [email-masked]"

_______________________________________________
diffserv mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/diffserv
Archive: http://www2.ietf.org/mail-archive/working-groups/diffserv/current/maillist.html