Subject: RE: [Diffserv] Assured Rate PDB

From: demir <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 00:12:48 -0800 (PST)

> >> 
> >> I don't see any difference between these two.  Assured rate = CIR
> >
> >I am not sure if: assured rate = CIR. If it is, then I guess I'm wrong.
> >
> >Alper K. Demir
> >
> 
> Yes: the draft equates assured rate to cir.

If it equates assured rate to cir, then it is "guaranteed rate". I would
say the draft aproximates assured rate to cir.

Alper K. Demir

_______________________________________________
diffserv mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/diffserv
Archive: http://www2.ietf.org/mail-archive/working-groups/diffserv/current/maillist.html

---

From: demir <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 03:33:31 -0800 (PST)

Nabil,
I guess we are not talking about the same thing regarding to one-to-one,
one-to-few and one-to-any services in AR PDB. 
From my point of view: What you mentioned about point-to-point (or
edge-to-edge) is a conceptual virtual wire. Off course, a wire is from
edge to edge (point to point, from ingress to egress). As far as I 
understood, VW property depends on a packet's behavior. If a packet is
transmitted from one edge to other edge with a jitter bound, then VW
property is satisfied (meaning, there is a VW, the property has
to be satisfied for every packet using the VW). Traffic aggregate has
nothing to do (other than  passing through it and conditioned at the
edge) with the conceptual VW (point-to-point, edge-to-edge,
ingress-to-egress) as long as the network is configured according to VW
PDB defined. If this is not the case, I guess, traffic agregate is defined
from edge-to-edge specifically for a conceptual VW. I believe, my first
explanation is valid. I might be wrong.
However, I thought we were talking about traffic aggregate
(more specifically microflows) and direction of it. I guess, I need more
explanation on what you mean by one-to-one, one-to-few and one-to-any
services you are talking about and how you define a traffic aggregate.

Alper K. Demir