Subject: [Diffserv] diffserv-pib-02

From: "Iliff, Tina" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2000 19:20:33 +0000

List,

After reading the latest diffserv PIB draft, diffserv-pib-02 I have the
following issues/questions:
	1.  It seems contradictory that the qosIfClassificationCaps class
provides the PEP with the flexibility to or not to support classification on
ingress and the explanation of the qosClfrElementOrder attribute contains
the following statement:  "On a given interface, there must be a complete
classifier  in  place  at  all  times in   the ingress direction.  This
means that there will always be one or more filters that match every
possible pattern  that  could be presented in an incoming packet.  There is
no such requirement in the egress direction."  It makes more sense to
mandate a classifier on ingress since there needs to be some way of
determining which packets should be treated by each specific datapath
element configuration.  Can someone please clarify.  Recommend removing the
possible value (i.e. inputIpClassification) from the
qosIfClassificationCapsSpec.
2.	qosIfSchedulingCaps:  Please clarify the proposed use of the
QueueSize and TotalQueueSize attributes given the new PIB
structure(specifically the structure of the install classes).

	Thanks,
	Tina