Subject: Re: [Diffserv] Assured Rate PDB

From: "Nabil Seddigh" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2000 18:07:42 -0500 (EST)

The draft has been submitted to the internet-draft editor - we will post

again when it appears in the drafts directory. The title and abstract
are as follows:

"An Assured Rate Per-Domain Behaviour for Differentiated Services"
-----------------------------------------------

"This document describes a diffserv per-domain behaviour (PDB)  called 
 Assured  Rate  (AR).  The  AR  PDB  is  suitable for carrying traffic
 aggregates that require rate assurance but do not require  delay  and
 jitter  bounds.  The traffic aggregate will also have the opportunity
 to obtain excess bandwidth beyond the assured rate. The  PDB  can  
 be created using the diffserv AF PHB along with suitable policers at 
 the domain ingress nodes."

Regards
Nabil

>Actually, there WAS an unsubmitted draft from Nabil Seddigh, Biswajit
>Nandy,
>and Juha Heinanen on something called an AR PDB. (Assured Rate, I
>think). They sent us a url for it after the I-D deadline and we 
>encouraged them to submit it, but said it was too late for
>the San Diego IETF.
>
>	Kathie

_______________________________________________
diffserv mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/diffserv
Archive: http://www2.ietf.org/mail-archive/working-groups/diffserv/current/maillist.html