Subject: RE: [Diffserv] Yesterday's EF discussion

From: John Schnizlein <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2000 14:56:17 -0500

At 02:11 PM 12/14/2000 -0500, Jon Bennett wrote:
>... our assertion all along has been that what we wrote in 
>draft-charny is what 2598 'says' regardless of what Van 'meant'
>to say. 
>And that what it 'says' has been implemented  by a lot of people
>already. 

Could you provide some details about who has "implemented" EF?

What exactly do you mean by "implemented"?

John

_______________________________________________
diffserv mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/diffserv
Archive: http://www2.ietf.org/mail-archive/working-groups/diffserv/current/maillist.html

---

From: Juha Heinanen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2000 23:21:23 +0200 (EET)

> What exactly do you mean by "implemented"?

i would also be interested in hearing this, since the most common
routers on the market that i have played with simply allow me to define
various queueing and dropping policies and then map packets with any
selected diffserv codepoints to those queues.

-- juha