Subject: [Diffserv] Diffserv list instructions - reminder

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2000 11:20:35 -0500

If you have lost track of your password, contact [email-masked]

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Mailman results for diffserv
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2000 10:33:18 -0400 (EDT)
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]

***** help
Help for diffserv mailing list:

This is email command help for version 1.0 of the "Mailman" list
manager.  The following describes commands you can send to get
information about and control your subscription to Mailman lists at
this site.  A command can be in the subject line or in the body of the
message.

Note that much of the following can also be accomplished via the World
Wide Web, at:

    http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/diffserv

In particular, you can use the Web site to have your password sent to
your delivery address.

List specific commands (subscribe, who, etc) should be sent to the
*-request address for the particular list, e.g. for the 'mailman'
list, use 'mailman-request@...'.

About the descriptions - words in "<>"s signify REQUIRED items and
words in "[]" denote OPTIONAL items.  Do not include the "<>"s or
"[]"s when you use the commands.

The following commands are valid:

    subscribe [password] [digest-option] [address=<address>]
        Subscribe to the mailing list.  Your password must be given to
        unsubscribe or change your options.  When you subscribe to the
        list, you'll be reminded of your password periodically.
        'digest-option' may be either: 'nodigest' or 'digest' (no
        quotes!)  If you wish to subscribe an address other than the
        address you send this request from, you may specify
        "address=<email address>" (no brackets around the email
        address, no quotes!)

    unsubscribe <password> [address]
        Unsubscribe from the mailing list.  Your password must match
        the one you gave when you subscribed.  If you are trying to
        unsubscribe from a different address than the one you
subscribed
        from, you may specify it in the 'address' field.

    who
        See everyone who is on this mailing list.

    info
        View the introductory information for this list.

    lists
        See what mailing lists are run by this Mailman server.

    help
        This message.

    set <option> <on|off> <password> 
        Turn on or off list options.  Valid options are:

        ack:
            Turn this on to receive acknowlegement mail when you send
            mail to the list.

        digest:
            Receive mail from the list bundled together instead of one
            post at a time.

        plain:
            Get plain-text, not MIME-compliant, digests (only if
            digest is set)

        nomail:
            Stop delivering mail.  Useful if you plan on taking a
            short vacation.

        norcv:
            Turn this on to NOT receive posts you send to the list.
            Does not work if digest is set.

        hide:
            Conceals your address when people look at who is on this
            list.

    options
        Show the current values of your list options.

    password <oldpassword> <newpassword> 
        Change your list password.
    
    end or --
       Stop processing commands (good to do if your mailer
automatically
       adds a signature file - it'll save you from a lot of cruft).

Commands should be sent to [email-masked]

Questions and concerns for the attention of a person should be sent to

    [email-masked]

_______________________________________________
diffserv mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/diffserv
Archive: http://www-nrg.ee.lbl.gov/diff-serv-arch/