Subject: [Diffserv] BB and RSVP question

From: "Mike Badil" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2000 23:35:11 EDT

Hi all,

I have read several diffserv paper which suggesting to use Bandwidth Broker. 
  I have following question.

The papers says that:

RSVP or any other signaling protocol can be used in stub domain for resource 
allocation. And BB allocate inter domain resource by communicating with next 
doin BB. So far it is clear to me.

In transit domain they suggest again to use aggregated RSVP, I am not sure 
how aggregeted RSVP work here. BB in transit domain has Ingress router 
establish path trough Egress router. OK, it is fine, but when a packet come 
to ingress router, how does the ingress router decide which aggregated RSVP 
flow is packet belongs to. If it is destination adr.based,  that means the 
ingress router will keep all the state of flows in its forwarding table. 
Then it becomes scalibility problem exactlly as in RSVP. Because ingress 
router will keep millions of flows state in its table.

How this situation is handled.

Do they suggest to use tunnelling or what?

If any one answer it
I will be very happy.

_________________________________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com.

Share information about yourself, create your own public profile at 
http://profiles.msn.com.

_______________________________________________
diffserv mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/diffserv
Archive: http://www-nrg.ee.lbl.gov/diff-serv-arch/

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2000 11:28:13 -0500

Mike,

Bandwidth brokers are not in this WG's charter.

Regards
  Brian Carpenter
  diffserv co-chair