Subject: [Diffserv] comments on model draft-04

From: jamal <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2000 19:47:04 -0400 (EDT)

The two typos listed below were also posted by me on draft 03;
Could someone please make sure they are not ignored this time?

draft] Work-         A property of a scheduling algorithm such that it
draft] conserving    services a packet, if one is available, at every
draft]               transmission opportunity."

Typo -- quotes at the end of definition.

draft] >From a device-level configuration management perspective, the 
draft] following hierarchy exists:

Typo ">" at the begining of the sentence above.

draft] 12.  Appendix A. Simple Token Bucket Discussion and Definition

I think this section was a good addition to the draft (given the
kind of questions posted on the list)

draft] If T(t-) - C = 0, the packet conforms and T(t) = T(t-) - C. 

should that be >= 0 instead of being strictly =0 ?

Would it also be wise to mention that a TB really just bounds bursts
and is generally not a shaping algorithm? maybe not (but i have seen
confusion at times)

Last thing ( I brought this up last time and at the end there was silence
in the jungle, bwana, so much silence. If there is silence again, i
promise never to bring it up):
ECN (and all that algorithmic dropper thingy). Yes, i know you have to
close this document.

cheers,
jamal

_______________________________________________
diffserv mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/diffserv
Archive: http://www-nrg.ee.lbl.gov/diff-serv-arch/