Subject: [Diffserv] Remaining MIB issue

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2000 12:13:26 -0500

In addition to the issue raised by Joel, we have one open issue
on the diffserv MIB after yesterday's discussion:

(23) Do daughter entries of derived table entries need to exist
     independently of the parent?  Examples are
     diffServMeterEntry/diffServTBMeterEntry,
     diffServActionEntry/diffServCountActEntry and
     diffServAlgDropEntry/diffServRandomDropEntry (assume they must be
     independent of the equivalent entry in diffServMeterTable which
     points at the TB table - needs diffServTBMeterStatus: daughters
     must be created explicitly by manager).

Can we have any discussion of this over the next few days please, so that
a resolution of this issue can be reached within at most 2 weeks?

Thanks
   Brian
   diffserv co-chair

_______________________________________________
diffserv mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/diffserv
Archive: http://www-nrg.ee.lbl.gov/diff-serv-arch/