Subject: [Diffserv] ID: Policy-Based Differentiated Services on AIX

From: Ashish Mehra <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 19:33:53 -0400 (EDT)

We submitted the following draft 

        Policy-Based Differentiated Services on AIX
        <draft-mehra-diffserv-aix-00.txt>

to the IETF on Friday, July 14. The abstract is attached
below. The draft can be accessed from 

http://www.research.ibm.com/compsci/communications/draft-mehra-diffserv-aix-00.txt 

Ashish Mehra

==============================================================================

Internet Engineering Task Force                                         Authors
INTERNET DRAFT                                                     Ashish Mehra
                                                                   Dinesh Verma
                                                                    Renu Tewari
                                                               Tsipora Barzilai
                                                               Douglas Freimuth
                                                                   Mandis Beigi
                                                 IBM T J Watson Research Center
                                                                   14 July 2000

                Policy-Based Differentiated Services on AIX
                      <draft-mehra-diffserv-aix-00.txt>

    Abstract

       This draft presents a policy-based Differentiated
       Services [DSARCH] architecture that has been realized
       on the AIX operating system.  We briefly motivate the
       benefits of supporting DiffServ functions on servers using
       policy-based networking, and outline the requirements for
       DiffServ-enabled servers.  We then describe the policy-based
       DiffServ infrastructure we have developed for AIX.
       Experimental results using Web server workloads demonstrate
       the efficacy of the DiffServ mechanisms provided.  We also
       outline ongoing work in deploying diffserv-capable AIX
       servers on Internet2.

===============================================================================

_______________________________________________
diffserv mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/diffserv
Archive: http://www-nrg.ee.lbl.gov/diff-serv-arch/