Subject: [Diffserv] Submit draft-ietf-diffserv-pib-01.txt

From: "Michael Fine" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 12:33:25 -0700 (Pacific Daylight Time)

Please accept the attached updated Internet Draft.

Thanks.
------------------------------------------------------------

Network Working Group                             M. Fine
Internet Draft                                    K. McCloghrie
Expires December 2000                                Cisco Systems
                                                  J. Seligson
                                                  K. Chan
                                                      Nortel Networks
                                                  S. Hahn
                                                      Intel
                                                  A. Smith
                                                      No Affiliation
                                                  Francis Reichmeyer
                                                      IPHighway

                                                  July 14, 2000

   Differentiated Services Quality of Service Policy Information Base

                     draft-ietf-diffserv-pib-01.txt

Status of this Memo

This document is an Internet-Draft and is in full conformance with all
provisions of Section 10 of RFC2026.  Internet-Drafts are working
documents of the Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF), its areas, and
its working groups.  Note that other groups may also distribute working
documents as Internet-Drafts.

Internet-Drafts are draft documents valid for a maximum of six months
and may be updated, replaced, or obsoleted by other documents at any
time.  It is inappropriate to use Internet-Drafts as reference material
or to cite them other than as ``work in progress.''

To view the current status of any Internet-Draft, please check the
``1id-abstracts.txt'' listing contained in an Internet-Drafts Shadow
Directory, see http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html.

                                                                [Page 1]


DiffServ QoS Policy Information Base                           July 2000

1.  Glossary

PRC     Policy Rule Class.  A type of policy data.
PRI     Policy Rule Instance.  An instance of a PRC.
PIB     Policy Information Base.  The database of policy information.
PDP     Policy Decision Point. See [RAP-FRAMEWORK].
PEP     Policy Enforcement Point. See [RAP-FRAMEWORK].
PRID    Policy Rule Instance Identifier.  Uniquely identifies an
        instance of a a PRC.

2.  Introduction

[SPPI] describes a structure for specifying policy information that can
then be transmitted to a network device for the purpose of configuring
policy at that device.  The model underlying this structure is one of
well defined policy rule classes and instances of these classes residing
in a virtual information store called the Policy Information Base (PIB).

This document specifies a set of policy rule classes specifically for
configuring QoS Policy for Differentiated Services [DSARCH].

One way to provision policy is by means of the COPS protocol [COPS] with
the extensions for provisioning [COPS-PR].  This protocol supports
multiple clients, each of which may provision policy for a specific
policy domain such as QoS.  The PRCs defined in this DiffServ QoS PIB
are intended for use by the COPS-PR QoS client type.  Furthemore, these
PRCs are in addition to any other PIBs that may be defined for the QoS
client type in the future, as well as the PRCs defined in the Framework
PIB [FR-PIB]

3.  DiffServ PIB Concepts

3.1.  Filters, Filter Groups and Classifiers

The basis of differential QoS treatment of packets is a filter. This is
simply a general specification for matching a pattern to appear in
packets belonging to flows, e.g. microflows or behavior aggregates.
Associated with each filter is a permit/deny flag which effectively
gives a negation operation.

Sets of these filters are used to create classifiers. Classifiers are
applied to interfaces with a direction flag to indicate an ingress or
egress classifier. Filters are combined, in order, into filter groups;

                                                                [Page 2]


DiffServ QoS Policy Information Base                           July 2000

filter groups are then combined, in order, to build a classifier. This
allows a rudimentary classification grammar to be defined. On input,
each packet is checked against the ingress classifier on the interface.
Similarly, on output each packet is checked against the egress
classifier on the interface. The result of the classifier then feeds
into appropriate meters and actions to be applied to packets.

For each classifier, the packet is checked against the set of filter
groups in the appropriate order. The detailed operation of the PIB
syntax is as follows. If a packet matches a filter in the first filter
group of a classifier and the sense is "permit" then the subsequent
meters and actions associated with that classifier are applied to that
packet and no further filters are compared. If the sense is "deny" then
the rest of the filters in the current filter group are skipped and
operation proceeds with the first filter of the next filter group. If
the packet does not match any of the filters in the filter group then
the next filter group is tried. This process is continued until a
definitive match is obtained. Each classifier must cover all possible
matches i.e., it must be complete.

3.2.  Applying QoS Policy Using Targets

The task of applying QoS policy within a network requires the
specification of several components. The flows to which QoS policy
should be applied must be identified. The interfaces of the device on
which the policy should be enforced must be known. A certain set of
parameters to support flow metering is also required. The combination of
these components provides the target against which QoS policy is to be
applied. Within the context of the QoS PIB, the association between
these components is defined efficiently using the Target class.

The Target class serves to logically link several other QoS policy
classes. Flow classification rules, specifying behavior aggregate (BA)
or multi-field (MF) classification parameters, are indirectly identified
using the PRC for the appropriate classification class coupled with an
identifier for a specific -- classifier. Interface information is
specified using the role combination tag, defined in the Interface Type
class, to identify the group of interfaces on which classification is to
be performed. The direction of packet flow on the identified interfaces
is provided as well. A link to the metering component is provided using
the PRC for the appropriate metering class instance.

Once a target has been defined, actions based on the classification and
metering phases must be specified. Action class instances are linked
with the Target entry through the associated Meter class instance.  A

                                                                [Page 3]


DiffServ QoS Policy Information Base                           July 2000

precedence component is also provided so that a definitive order of
evaluation may be defined for Target class instances being applied to
the same interface role and flow direction targets. The Target class
thus functions as the integration point for the range of components used
for the application of QoS policy.

3.3.  Interface Modeling with Queue Sets

The traffic processing capabilities of an interface are determined by
the queuing resources that are associated with the interface.  These
capabilities are represented abstractly using queue sets.  A queue set
is comprised of one or more individual queues.  The PDP creates the
queue sets, configures the parameters of the individual queues,
configures the scheduling discipline to be used to schedule the queues
and then assigns a queue set to each <interface type, role combination>
tuple.  In this way, the PDP sets the scheduling policy for each
interface based on the role combination of the interface and the type of
the interface.

In order for the PDP to configure a queue set that can be properly
realized by an interface, the PEP reports to the PDP the types of
interfaces it has together with various capabilities and configuration
limits (such as the maximum number of queues an interface could support)
of the interface types.

It should be emphasized that the PDP does not configure individual
interfaces directly.  Rather, it configures them indirectly by
specifying the configuration for each interface type and role
combination pair.  It is the responsibility of the PEP to apply the
queue set characteristics, and hence the interface scheduling
configuration, to the individual interfaces on the basis of the type and
role combination information.

3.3.1.  Queue Scheduling

There are two basic scheduling disciplines supported by queue sets:
priority queueing and weighted fair queueing.  To support these, each
queue is assigned a priority which is then used to determine a strict
processing order between queues.  However, several queues may be
assigned the same priority.  In this case, these queues form a group,
called a priority group, and are scheduled using WFQ.  In other words,
service is given to the priority group with the highest priority that
has any non-empty queue.  Within a priority group queues are serviced
using WFQ.

                                                                [Page 4]


DiffServ QoS Policy Information Base                           July 2000

3.3.2.  Assigning Packets To Queues and Thresholds

In keeping with the DiffServ model of classifying packets into behaviour
classes and then providing service suitable for that behaviour, packets
are assigned to queues on the basis of their final DSCP values.
Furthermore, each queue is configured with a set of thresholds to
support multiple discard priorities for the PHBs in a PHB group.
Packets are assigned to thresholds within a queue on the basis of their
DSCPs.  The PDP is responsible for this assignment of DSCP values to
queues and the associated thresholds.

3.3.3.  Hierarchies of Queues

Sometimes policy may require hierachies of queues.  For example, a
department might has some set of traffic classes with a defined
scheduling policy between these classes.  Multiple departments might
then share a link with there being a defined scheduling policy between
traffic from the various depertments.

The PIB does not support hierarchical queueing at this time.  However,
we expect to add this support in the future by allowing the traffic from
one queue set to feed into the queues of another queue set.

4.  Summary of the DiffServ PIB

The DiffServ PIB consists of one module containing the base PRCs for
setting DiffServ policy, queues, classifiers, meters, etc.,  and also
contains filters for matching IP packets.  This module comprises several
groups which are summarized in this section.

QoS Interface Group
     This group consists of PRCs to indicate to the PDP the types of
     interface supported on the PEP in terms of their QoS capabilities
     and PRCs that the PDP can install in order to configure these
     interfaces (queues, scheduling parameters, buffer sizes, etc.) to
     affect the desired policy.  This group describes capabilities in
     terms of the types of interfaces and takes configuration in terms
     of interface types and role combinations [FR-PIB]; it does not deal
     with individual interfaces on the device.

                                                                [Page 5]


DiffServ QoS Policy Information Base                           July 2000

QoS Metering Group
     This group contains configuration of meters.  These meters can then
     be used to by target classes to specify metering policy.

QoS Action Group
     This group contains the policies that define the action to be taken
     after the result of the classification and metering. This group
     also contains the policies that associate the classifiers, meters
     and actions.

5.  PIB Operational Overview

This section provides an operation overview of configuring DiffServ QoS
policy.

After initial PEP to PDP communication setup, using [COPS-PR] for
example, the PEP will provide to the PDP the PIB Policy Rule Classes
(PRCs), interface types, and interface type capabilities it supports.

The PRCs supported by the PEP are reported to the PDP in the PRC Support
Table, frwkPrcSupportTable defined in the framework PIB [FR-PIB].  Each
instance of the frwkPrcSupportTable indicates a PRC that the PEP
understands and for which the PDP can send class instances as part of
the policy information.

The interface types the PEP supports are described by rows in the
interface type table, frwkIfCapsSetTable.  Each row, or instance of this
class describes the characteristics of an interface type.  The PEP
informs the PDP of these interface types and then the PDP configures the
interfaces, per role combination, by means of installing queue sets.

The PDP, with knowledge of the PEP's capabilities, then provides the PEP
with administration domain and interface-specific policy information.

Instances of the qosTargetTable define how the Traffic Conditioning
Elements are combined into Traffic Conditioning Blocks, as described in
[MODEL].  Each instance of the qosTargetTable applies to an interface
type defined by its roles and direction (ingress or egress).  This is
pictured in the following diagram where the InterfaceRoles X, and Y
would be used by the network device to associate the traffic
conditioning block with the interfaces needing each of thess policies.

                                       +----------------------------+
   +----------------------------+      | qosTargetEntry             |

                                                                [Page 6]


DiffServ QoS Policy Information Base                           July 2000

   |                            |      |                            |
   |    PolicyFilterEntry       | <------- Ptr to Policy Filter     |
   |                            |      |        InterfaceRoles = X  |
   +----------------------------+      |        Meter -----+        |
                                       +-------------------|--------+
                                                           |
                                                           v
                                                   +----------------+
                                                   | qosMeterEntry  |
                                                   +----------------+
                                                           |
                                                           v
                                                   +----------------+
                                                   | qosActionEntry |
                                                   +----------------+

              Figure 7.1  DiffServ PIB Table Relationships

Notice that the qosTargetTable allows the use of heterogeneous
classifiers with same instance of qosMeterTable.  For example, if
classifiers operating on layer 2 addresses were to be defined, those
classifiers could be used together with the IP ones.

After receiving the PIB, the PEP will associate the Classifier, Meter
and Action with the corresponding interfaces supporting the specific
interface type and roles.

                                                                [Page 7]


DiffServ QoS Policy Information Base                           July 2000

6.  PIB Definitions

6.1.  The DiffServ Base PIB

DIFFSERV-PIB PIB-DEFINITIONS ::= BEGIN

IMPORTS
    Unsigned32, Integer32,
    MODULE-IDENTITY, OBJECT-TYPE
            FROM COPS-PR-SPPI
    TruthValue, TEXTUAL-CONVENTION
            FROM SNMPv2-TC
    PolicyInstanceId, PolicyReferenceId, PolicyTagId, PolicyTagReference
            FROM COPS-PR-SPPI;
    RoleCombination
            FROM FRAMEWORK-PIB;

qosPolicyIpPib  MODULE-IDENTITY
    CLIENT-TYPE { tbd   -- QoS Client Type
                }
    LAST-UPDATED "200007141800Z"
    ORGANIZATION "IETF DIFFSERV WG"
    CONTACT-INFO "
                  Michael Fine
                  Cisco Systems, Inc.
                  170 West Tasman Drive
                  San Jose, CA  95134-1706 USA
                  Phone: +1 408 527 8218
                  Email: [email-masked]

                  Keith McCloghrie
                  Cisco Systems, Inc.
                  170 West Tasman Drive,
                  San Jose, CA 95134-1706 USA
                  Phone: +1 408 526 5260
                  Email: [email-masked]

                  John Seligson
                  Nortel Networks, Inc.
                  4401 Great America Parkway
                  Santa Clara, CA 95054 USA
                  Phone: +1 408 495 2992
                  Email: [email-masked]"

                                                                [Page 8]


DiffServ QoS Policy Information Base                           July 2000

    DESCRIPTION
            "The PIB module containing a set of policy rule classes
            that describe quality of service (QoS) policies for
            DiffServ. It includes general classes that may be extended
            by other PIB specifications as well as a set of PIB
            classes related to IP processing."

    ::= { tbd }

qosPolicyGenPibClasses  OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= { qosPolicyIpPib 1 }
qosPolicyIpPibClasses   OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= { qosPolicyIpPib 2 }

--
-- Textual Conventions
--

--
-- DiffServ Codepoint
--

Dscp ::= TEXTUAL-CONVENTION
    STATUS       current
    DESCRIPTION
        "An integer that is in the range of the DiffServ codepoint
        values."

    SYNTAX INTEGER (0..63)

--
-- Interface types
--

QosInterfaceQueueCount ::= TEXTUAL-CONVENTION
    STATUS       current
    DESCRIPTION
        "An integer that describes the number of queues an interface
        supports.  It is limited to the number of DSCP values."

    SYNTAX INTEGER (1..64)

--
-- QoS Interface Group
--

                                                                [Page 9]


DiffServ QoS Policy Information Base                           July 2000

--
-- This group specifies the configuration of the various interface
-- types including the configuration of queue sets, setting of
-- queueing parameters and the mapping of DSCPs to thresholds in
-- queues.

qosIfParameters OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= { qosPolicyGenPibClasses 1 }

--
-- Interface Type Capability Tables
--
-- The Interface type capability tables define capabilities that may
-- be associated with an interface of a specific type.  This PIB
-- defines three such tables: a classification capabilities table, a
-- metering capabilities table and a scheduling capabilities table.
-- Other PIBs may define other capability tables to augment the
-- capability definitions of these tables or to introduce completely
-- new capabilities.

--
-- Classification Capabilities
--

qosIfClassificationCapsTable OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX         SEQUENCE OF QosIfClassificationCapsEntry
    PIB-ACCESS     notify, 3
    STATUS         current
    DESCRIPTION
        "This table specifies the classification capabilities of an
        interface type"

    ::= { qosIfParameters 1 }

qosIfClassificationCapsEntry OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX         QosIfClassificationEntry
    STATUS         current
    DESCRIPTION
        "An instance of this class describes the classification
        capabilities of an interface."

    INDEX { qosIfClassificationCapsPrid }
    UNIQUENESS { qosIfClassificationCaps }

                                                               [Page 10]


DiffServ QoS Policy Information Base                           July 2000

    ::= { qosIfClassificationCapsTable 1 }

QosIfClassificationCapsEntry ::= SEQUENCE {
        qosIfClassificationCapsPrid PolicyInstanceId,
        qosIfClassificationCaps     BITS
}

qosIfClassificationCapsPrid OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX         PolicyInstanceId
    STATUS         current
    DESCRIPTION
        "An arbitrary integer index that uniquely identifies a
        instance of the class."

    ::= { qosIfClassificationCapsEntry 1 }

qosIfClassificationCaps OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX         BITS {
                        inputIpClassification(1),
                        outputIpClassification(2),
                        -- Indicates the ability to classify IP
                        -- packets on ingress and on egress,
                        -- respectively.

                        ipAddrClassification(3),
                        -- indicates the ability to classify based on
                        -- IP addresses
                        ipProtoClassification(4),
                        -- indicates the ability to classify based on
                        -- IP protocol numbers
                        ipDscpClassification(5)
                        -- indicates the ability to classify based on
                        -- IP DSCP
                        ipL4Classification(6)
                        -- indicates the ability to classify based on
                        -- IP layer 4 port numbers for UDP and TCP
                   }
    STATUS         current
    DESCRIPTION
        "Bit set of supported classification capabilities.  In
        addition to these capabilities, other PIBs may define other
        capabilities that can then be specified in addition to the
        ones specified here (or instead of the ones specified here if
        none of these are specified)."

                                                               [Page 11]


DiffServ QoS Policy Information Base                           July 2000

    ::= { qosIfClassificationCapsEntry 2 }

--
-- Metering Capabilities
--

qosIfMeteringCapsTable OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX         SEQUENCE OF QosIfMeteringCapsEntry
    PIB-ACCESS     notify, 3
    STATUS         current
    DESCRIPTION
        "This table specifies the metering capabilities of an
        interface type"

    ::= { qosIfParameters 2 }

qosIfMeteringCapsEntry OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX         QosIfMeteringCapsEntry
    STATUS         current
    DESCRIPTION
        "An instance of this class describes the classification
        capabilities of an interface."

    INDEX { qosIfMeteringCapsPrid }
    UNIQUENESS { qosIfMeteringCaps }

    ::= { qosIfMeteringCapsTable 1 }

QosIfMeteringCapsEntry ::= SEQUENCE {
        qosIfMeteringCapsPrid       PolicyInstanceId,
        qosIfMeteringCaps           BITS
}

qosIfMeteringCapsPrid OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX         PolicyInstanceId
    STATUS         current
    DESCRIPTION
        "An arbitrary integer index that uniquely identifies a
        instance of the class."

    ::= { qosIfMeteringCapsEntry 1 }

qosIfMeteringCaps OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX      BITS {

                                                               [Page 12]


DiffServ QoS Policy Information Base                           July 2000

                    meterByRemarking (1),
                    meterByDropping (2),
                    -- These capabilities indicate if the interface
                    -- can remark out of profile packets or drop them,
                    -- respectively

                    inputShaping (3),
                    outputShaping (4)
                    -- indicate if the interface can shape on ingress
                    -- or on egress, respectively.

                   }
    STATUS         current
    DESCRIPTION
        "Bit set of supported classification capabilities.  As with
        classification capabilities, these metering capabilities may
        be augmented by capabilities specified in other PRCs (in other
        PIBs)."

    ::= { qosIfMeteringCapsEntry 2 }

--
-- Scheduling Capabilities
--

qosIfSchedulingCapsTable OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX         SEQUENCE OF QosIfSchedulingCapsEntry
    PIB-ACCESS     notify, 10
    STATUS         current
    DESCRIPTION
        "This table specifies the scheduling capabilities of an
        interface type"

    ::= { qosIfParameters 3 }

qosIfSchedulingCapsEntry OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX         QosIfSchedulingCapsEntry
    STATUS         current
    DESCRIPTION
        "An instance of this class describes the classification
        capabilities of an interface."

    INDEX { qosIfSchedulingCapsPrid }
    UNIQUENESS { qosIfSchedulingCapsMaxQueues,

                                                               [Page 13]


DiffServ QoS Policy Information Base                           July 2000

                 qosIfSchedulingCapsMaxThresholds,
                 qosIfSchedulingCapsMaxPriorities,
                 qosIfSchedulingCapsServiceDisc,
                 qosIfSchedulingCapsMinQueueSize,
                 qosIfSchedulingCapsMaxQueueSize,
                 qosIfSchedulingCapsTotalQueueSize,
                 qosIfSchedulingCapsWredCapable }

    ::= { qosIfSchedulingCapsTable 1 }

QosIfSchedulingCapsEntry ::= SEQUENCE {
        qosIfSchedulingCapsPrid             PolicyInstanceId,
        qosIfSchedulingCapsMaxQueues        INTEGER
        qosIfSchedulingCapsMaxThresholds    INTEGER
        qosIfSchedulingCapsMaxPriorities    INTEGER
        qosIfSchedulingCapsServiceDisc      BITS
        qosIfSchedulingCapsMinQueueSize     INTEGER
        qosIfSchedulingCapsMaxQueueSize     INTEGER
        qosIfSchedulingCapsTotalQueueSize   INTEGER
        qosIfSchedulingCapsWredCapable      TruthValue
}

qosIfSchedulingCapsPrid OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX         PolicyInstanceId
    STATUS         current
    DESCRIPTION
        "An arbitrary integer index that uniquely identifies a
        instance of the class."

    ::= { qosIfSchedulingCapsEntry 1 }

qosIfSchedulingCapsMaxQueues OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX      INTEGER
    STATUS      current
    DESCRIPTION
        "The maximum number of queues that this interface type can
        support.  The queues set assigned to this interface type may
        not have more queues than this maximum.  A value of zero means
        that there is no maximum."

    ::= { qosIfSchedulingCapsEntry 2 }

qosIfSchedulingCapsMaxThresholds OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX      INTEGER
    STATUS      current

                                                               [Page 14]


DiffServ QoS Policy Information Base                           July 2000

    DESCRIPTION
        "The maximum number of drop thresholds that each queue
        supports.  If the interface has a different number of
        thresholds for each of its queues, it must report the maximum
        number of thresholds any of the queues supports.  The value of
        this attribute must be one or more."

    ::= { qosIfSchedulingCapsEntry 3 }

qosIfSchedulingCapsMaxPriorities OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX      INTEGER
    STATUS      current
    DESCRIPTION
        "The maximum number of priority groups that the the queues of
        the interface may be grouped into.  A value of zero means
        there is no maximum."

    ::= { qosIfSchedulingCapsEntry 4 }

qosIfSchedulingCapsServiceDisc OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX      BITS {
                    fq(1),      -- fair queueing (a.k.a. round robin)
                    wfq(2)      -- weighted fq (a.k.a. wrr)
    STATUS      current
    DESCRIPTION
        "The scheduling disciplines supported for servicing queues in
        the same priority group that the interface supports.  Several
        general purpose and well-known queuing disciplines are
        supported by this attribute. Other queueing disciplines may be
        specified instead of, or in addition to, these disciplines by
        setting and providing another capabilities PRC specifying the
        other scheduling discipline.

        A value of fq indicates that the interface supports fair
        queuing, i.e., each queue is treated equally and is serviced
        in a round-robin fashion.

        A value of wfq indicates that the queue is serviced
        using a weighted fair queuing discipline. Queues are serviced
        in a round robin fashion but each queue is given bandwidth in
        proportion to its weight.

        If none is specified then the service discipline is either
        unspecified or specified by another capabilities PRC."

                                                               [Page 15]


DiffServ QoS Policy Information Base                           July 2000

    ::= { qosIfSchedulingCapsEntry 5 }

qosIfSchedulingCapsMinQueueSize OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX      INTEGER
    STATUS      current
    DESCRIPTION
        "Some interfaces may allow the size of a queue to be
        configured.  This attribute specifies the minimum size the
        queue can be configured to specified in bytes.

        Some interfaces set queue size in terms of packets.  These
        devices must report the minimum queue size in bytes by
        assuming an average packet size suitable for the particular
        interface."

    ::= { qosIfSchedulingCapsEntry 6 }

qosIfSchedulingCapsMaxQueueSize OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX      INTEGER
    STATUS      current
    DESCRIPTION
        "Some interfaces may allow the size of a queue to be
        configured.  This attribute specifies the maximum size the
        queue can be configured to specified in bytes.  As with
        qosIfSchedulingCapsMinQueueSize, devices that set
        queue size in terms of packets must report the maximum queue
        size in bytes by assuming an average packet size suitable for
        the particular interface."

    ::= { qosIfSchedulingCapsEntry 7 }

qosIfSchedulingCapsTotalQueueSize OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX      INTEGER
    STATUS      current
    DESCRIPTION
        "Some interfaces may have a limited buffer space to be share
        amoung all queues of that interface while also allowing the
        size of each queue to be configurable.  To prevent the
        situation where the PDP configures the sizes of the queues in
        excess of the total buffer available to the interface, the PEP
        can report the total buffer space available with this
        capability.  The value is the total number of bytes."

    ::= { qosIfSchedulingCapsEntry 8 }

                                                               [Page 16]


DiffServ QoS Policy Information Base                           July 2000

qosIfSchedulingCapsWredCapable OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX      TruthValue
    STATUS      current
    DESCRIPTION
        "If true, then this interface supports WRED on (at least one
        of) its queues.  Otherwise it supports only taildrop."

    ::= { qosIfSchedulingCapsEntry 9 }

--
--  Queue Set Assignment Table
--

qosIfQueueSetAssignTable OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX         SEQUENCE OF QosIfQueueSetAssignEntry
    PIB-ACCESS     install, 6
    STATUS         current
    DESCRIPTION
        "Contains the assignment of queue sets to interface types per
        role combination.

        Contains the assignment of DSCPs to queues and thresholds for
        each interface type.  So, after classification and metering,
        when the packet has a final DSCP mark, the packet is enqueued
        on the apprpriate queue at the appropriated threshold based on
        the mapping of the DSCP to threshollds in queues."

    ::= { qosIfParameters 4 }

qosIfQueueSetAssignEntry OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX         QosIfQueueSetAssignEntry
    STATUS         current
    DESCRIPTION
        "A conceptual row in the qosIfQueueSetAssignTable.

    INDEX { qosIfQueueSetAssignPrid }
    UNIQUENESS { qosIfQueueSetAssignIfName,
                 qosIfQueueSetAssignRoles }

    ::= { qosIfQueueSetAssignTable 1 }

QosIfQueueSetAssignEntry ::= SEQUENCE {

                                                               [Page 17]


DiffServ QoS Policy Information Base                           July 2000

        qosIfQueueSetAssignPrid              PolicyInstanceId,
        qosIfQueueSetAssignName              SnmpAdminString,
        qosIfQueueSetAssignRoles             RoleCombination,
        qosIfQueueSetAssignQueueSetId        PolicyTagReference,
        qosIfQueueSetAssignDscpMap           PolicyTagReference
}

qosIfQueueSetAssignPrid OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX         PolicyInstanceId
    STATUS         current
    DESCRIPTION
        "The index that uniquely identifies this row in the table,
        i.e., this PRI."

    ::= { qosIfQueueSetAssignEntry 1 }

qosIfQueueSetAssignName OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX         SnmpAdminString
    STATUS         current
    DESCRIPTION
        "The name of an interface type.  This name must exist in
        frwkIfCapSetTable."

    ::= { qosIfQueueSetAssignEntry 2 }

qosIfQueueSetAssignRoles OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX         RoleCombination
    STATUS         current
    DESCRIPTION
        "The role combination associated with the interface type.

    ::= { qosIfQueueSetAssignEntry 3 }

qosIfQueueSetAssignQueueSet OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX         PolicyTagReference
    PIB-TAG       qosIfQueueSetId
    STATUS         current
    DESCRIPTION
        "The integer ID of the queue set to be assigned to all interfaces
        of type specified by qosIfQueueSetAssignName and with role
        combination specified by qosIfQueueSetAssignRoles.
        This queue set must exist in qosIfQueueTable."

    ::= { qosIfQueueSetAssignEntry 4 }

                                                               [Page 18]


DiffServ QoS Policy Information Base                           July 2000

qosIfQueueSetAssignDscpMap OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX         PolicyTagReference
    PIB-TAG        qosIfDscpMapMapId
    STATUS         current
    DESCRIPTION
        "The DSCP map to apply to interfaces of type
        qosIfQueueSetAssignName and role combo
        qosIfQueueSetAssignRoles."

    ::= { qosIfQueueSetAssignEntry 5 }

--
-- Interface Queue Table
--
-- The Interface Queue Table enumerates the individual queues and
-- groups  them into queue sets.  Configuration of each queue, and
-- hence an entire queue set is specified by this table.
--

qosIfQueueTable OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX         SEQUENCE OF QosIfQueueEntry
    PIB-ACCESS     install, 10
    STATUS         current
    DESCRIPTION
        "Contains configuration information for the individual queues
        of the queue sets."

    ::= { qosIfParameters 5 }

qosIfQueueEntry OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX         QosIfQueueEntry
    STATUS         current
    DESCRIPTION
        "A conceptual row in the qosIfQueueTable.

        Each row identifies a specific queue within a given queue
        set and contains detailed information about the queue. Queues
        are associated with a given set through this table and
        a queue set is associated with an interface set through
        the qosIfQsetAssignTable."

    INDEX { qosIfQueuePrid }
    UNIQUENESS {}

                                                               [Page 19]


DiffServ QoS Policy Information Base                           July 2000

    ::= { qosIfQueueTable 1 }

QosIfQueueEntry ::= SEQUENCE {
        qosIfQueuePrid                  PolicyInstanceId,
        qosIfQueueSetId                 PolicyTagId,
        qosIfQueueQueueSize             Unsigned32,
        qosIfQueueSetThreshSet          PolicyTagReference,
        qosIfQueuePriorityGroup         INTEGER,
        qosIfQueueServiceDisc           INTEGER,
        qosIfQueueDrainSize             Unsigned32,
        qosIfQueueMinAbsBandwidth       Unsigned64,
        qosIfQueueBandwidthAllocation   INTEGER
}

qosIfQueuePrid OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX         PolicyInstanceId
    STATUS         current
    DESCRIPTION
        "The index that uniquely identifies this row in the table,
        i.e., this PRI."

    ::= { qosIfQueueEntry 1 }

qosIfQueueSetId OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX         PolicyTagId
    STATUS         current
    DESCRIPTION
        "An index that uniquely identifies a specific queue set. The
        queue set identified by this value is associated
        with an interface set through the
        qosIfQueueSetAssignQueueSetId object in the
        qosIfQueueSetAssignTable. The individual queues that are
        members of this set all have the same value for this attribute
        (i.e., they have the same set ID)."

    ::= { qosIfQueueEntry 2 }

qosIfQueueQueueSize OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX         Unsigned32
    STATUS         current
    DESCRIPTION
       "The size of the queue in bytes.  Some devices set queue size
        in terms of packets.  These devices must calculate the queue
        size in packets by assuming an average packet size suitable
        for the particular interface.

                                                               [Page 20]


DiffServ QoS Policy Information Base                           July 2000

        Some devices have a fixed size buffer to be shared among all
        queues.  These devices must allocate a fraction of the
        total buffer space to this queue calculated as the the ratio
        of the queue size to the sum of the queue sizes for the
        interface."

    ::= { qosIfQueueEntry 3 }

qosIfQueueThreshSet OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX         PolicyTagReference
    PIB-TAG        qosIfThresholdSetId
    STATUS         current
    DESCRIPTION
       "The threshold set in the threshold set table that is to be
        used to configure the thresholds of this queue.  The threshold
        set specifies how to configure the taildrop or RED thresholds
        for this queue.

        "The threshold set may contain less thresholds than the queue
        actually supports.  In this case the queue is free to
        configure the extra thresholds any way it likes since no
        packets will ever be assigned to those thresholds.

        A value of zero indicates no threshold set is associated with
        the queue.  In this case the queue is configured with a single
        threshold at 100% qosIfThresholdDropMethod of tailDrop."

    ::= { qosIfQueueEntry 4 }

qosIfQueuePriorityGroup OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX         INTEGER
    STATUS         current
    DESCRIPTION
        "This attribute specifies the priority group that the queue
        belongs to.  Queues with a larger priority group number are
        given a higher priority than those with a smaller group
        number. For example, a queue in priority group 2 will be
        serviced (i.e., drained) before some other queue with a group
        number of 1.

        Queues with the same priority group number have the same
        priority.  For these another scheduling discipline (other than
        priority scheduling) must be specified.  This is done with the
        qosIfQueueServiceDisc attribute."

                                                               [Page 21]


DiffServ QoS Policy Information Base                           July 2000

    ::= { qosIfQueueEntry 5 }

qosIfQueueServiceDisc OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX         INTEGER {
                       na(1),     -- only one queue in group
                       other(2),  -- specified by augmented attributes
                       fq(3),     -- Fair Queuing
                       wfq(4)     -- Weighted Fair Queuing
                   }
    STATUS         current
    DESCRIPTION
        "This attribute identifies the service discipline used to
        service the queues in the same priority group.  It must have
        the same value for all queues in the priority group.  Several
        general purpose and well-known queuing disciplines are
        supported by this attribute. Queuing disciplines that differ
        from those that are supported by this attribute are specified
        by setting this attribute to other(1) and augmenting this PRC
        with additional attributes to specify the desired service
        discipline.

        As an example, an interface that is associated with a queue
        set supporting two priority queues and three queues that are
        serviced using WFQ would be modeled as follows:

             Id    Q Discipline  Q Drain Size  Priority Group
             22         na(1)         -              3
             23         na(1)         -              2
             24        wfq(3)        500             1
             25        wfq(3)        350             1
             26        wfq(3)        150             1

        The queue set presented in this example would service
        all queued traffic in queue 22 first, followed by all of
        the queued traffic in queue 23. Next the queued traffic
        in queues 24 through 26 would be serviced in a round
        robin fashion with queue 24 receiving 50% of the available
        bandwidth, queue 25 receiving 35% of the available
        bandwidth and queue 26 receiving 15% of the available
        bandwidth. This example is presented for expository
        purposes and has been simplified accordingly.

        Note that, in this example, queues 24, 25 and 26 form a
        priority group.  The qosIfQueueDrainSize attribute is used
        to determine the additional processing characteristics of the

                                                               [Page 22]


DiffServ QoS Policy Information Base                           July 2000

        individual queues in a this priority group."

    ::= { qosIfQueueEntry 6 }

qosIfQueueDrainSize OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX         Unsigned32
    STATUS         current
    DESCRIPTION
        "The maximum number of bytes that may be drained from the
        queue in one cycle.  The percentage of the interface
        bandwidth allocated to this queue can be calculated from
        this attribute and the sum of the drain sizes of all the
        queues in a specific priority group in a queue set.

        This attribute when compared with the drain size of other
        queues, represents the minimum bandwidth available to this
        queue.  The minimum bandwidth specified in absolute terms is
        specified by the attribute qosIfQueueMinAbsBandwidth.  Which of
        these two applies is specified by the attribute
        qosIfQueueBandwidthAllocation."

    ::= { qosIfQueueEntry 7 }

qosIfQueueMinAbsBandwidth OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX         Unsigned64
    STATUS         current
    DESCRIPTION
        "The maximum interface bandwidth that is available for
        consumption when servicing this queue. This bandwidth is
        specified in terms of bits per second.

        This attribute represents the absolute bandwidth that is
        available to a given queue. The relative bandwidth that is
        available to a given queue, with respect to other queues with
        which it is associated, is specified by the attribute
        qosIfQueueDrainSize.  Which of these two applies is specified
        by the attribute qosIfQueueBandwidthAllocation.

    ::= { qosIfQueueEntry 8 }

qosIfQueueBandwidthAllocation OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX         INTEGER {
                        absolute(1),  --use qosIfQueueMinAbsBandwidth
                        relative(2)   --use qosIfQueueDrainSize
                   }

                                                               [Page 23]


DiffServ QoS Policy Information Base                           July 2000

    STATUS         current
    DESCRIPTION
        "This attribute specifies whether to configure the queue for
        an absolute bandwidth limit or one that is relative to other
        queues of the priority group. i.e., whether to configure the
        queue using qosIfQueueMinAbsBandwidth or
        qosIfQueueDrainSize."

        If some queues have their bandwidth requirement specified in
        absolute terms and others in relative terms then the
        requirements of the absolute specification is met first.  That
        is, the drain sizes of the absolute queues must be calculated
        based on the interface speed so as to ensure the absolute
        bandwidth requirement.

     ::= { qosIfQueueEntry 9 }

--
-- Interface Threshold Table
--
-- The Interface Threshold Table enumerates the individual thresholds
-- and groups them into sets that can be applied to queues.
-- Configuration of individual thresholds and hence the threshold sets
-- of individual queues, id done through this table.
--

qosIfThresholdTable OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX         SEQUENCE OF QosIfThresholdEntry
    PIB-ACCESS     install, 6
    STATUS         current
    DESCRIPTION
        "Contains configuration information for the individual thresholds
        of the threshold sets."

    ::= { qosIfParameters 6 }

qosIfThresholdEntry OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX         QosIfThresholdEntry
    STATUS         current
    DESCRIPTION
        "A conceptual row in the qosIfThresholdTable.

        Each row identifies a specific threshold within a given
        set and contains detailed information about the

                                                               [Page 24]


DiffServ QoS Policy Information Base                           July 2000

        threshold. Threshold sets are associated with a queue set through
        the qosIfQueueThreshSet attribute of the qosIfQueueTable."

    INDEX { qosIfThresholdPrid }
    UNIQUENESS { qosIfThresholdSetId,
                 qosIfThresholdDropMethod,
                 qosIfThresholdMinThresh,
                 qosIfThresholdMaxThresh }

    ::= { qosIfThresholdSetTable 1 }

QosIfThresholdSetEntry ::= SEQUENCE {
        qosIfThresholdPrid          PolicyInstanceId,
        qosIfThresholdSetId         PolicyTagId,
        qosIfThresholdDropMethod    INTEGER,
        qosIfThresholdMinThresh     INTEGER,
        qosIfThresholdMaxThresh     INTEGER
}

qosIfThresholdPrid OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX         PolicyInstanceId
    STATUS         current
    DESCRIPTION
        "The index that uniquely identifies this row in the table,
        i.e., this PRI."

    ::= { qosIfThresholdEntry 1 }

qosIfThresholdSetId OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX         PolicyTagId
    STATUS         current
    DESCRIPTION
        "An index that uniquely identifies a specific threshold set.
        The individual thresholds that are members of this set all
        have the same value for this attribute (i.e., they have the
        same set ID)."

    ::= { qosIfThresholdEntry 2 }

qosIfThresholdDropMethod OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX         INTEGER {
                       other(1),
                       tailDrop(2),
                       randomDrop(3)
                   }

                                                               [Page 25]


DiffServ QoS Policy Information Base                           July 2000

    STATUS         current
    DESCRIPTION
        "The drop method to apply to packets exceeding the threshold.
        If the mechanism is other then another policy may be specified
        by an additional attribute augmenting this table."

    ::= { qosIfThresholdEntry 3 }

qosIfThresholdMinThresh OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX         INTEGER
    STATUS         current
    DESCRIPTION
        "The queue depth, in bytes, below which no packets are
        dropped.  If the queue depth is above this value and below the
        value of qosIfThresholdMaxThresh then packets assigned to this
        threshold are dropped randomly by the random drop process if
        random drop is in effect.  If tail drop is in effect, this
        attribute has no relevance."

    ::= { qosIfThresholdEntry 4 }

qosIfThresholdMaxThresh OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX         INTEGER
    STATUS         current
    DESCRIPTION
        "The queue depth, in bytes, above which all packets assigned
        to this threshold are dropped."

    ::= { qosIfThresholdEntry 5 }

--
-- DSCP to Queue and Threshold Mapping Table
--
-- Supports the assignment of DSCPs to queues and thresholds for each
-- interface type
--

qosIfDscpMapTable OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX         SEQUENCE OF QosIfDscpMapEntry
    PIB-ACCESS     install, 6
    STATUS         current
    DESCRIPTION
        "Assigns DSCP values to queues and thresholds for an arbitrary

                                                               [Page 26]


DiffServ QoS Policy Information Base                           July 2000

        DSCP map.  This map can then be assigned to various interface
        and role combination pairs."

    ::= { qosIfParameters 7 }

qosIfDscpMapEntry OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX         QosIfDscpMapEntry
    STATUS         current
    DESCRIPTION
        "An instance of the qosIfDscpMap class."

    INDEX { qosIfDscpMapPrid }
    UNIQUENESS { qosIfDscpMapMapId,
                 qosIfDscpMapDscp }

    ::= { qosIfDscpMapTable 1 }

QosIfDscpMapEntry ::= SEQUENCE {
        qosIfDscpMapPrid       PolicyInstanceId,
        qosIfDscpMapMapId      PolicyTagId,
        qosIfDscpMapDscp       Dscp,
        qosIfDscpMapQueue      PolicyReferenceId,
        qosIfDscpMapThresh     PolicyReferenceId
}

qosIfDscpMapPrid OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX         PolicyInstanceId
    STATUS         current
    DESCRIPTION
        "An index that is used to uniquely identify the
        instance of the qosIfDscpMap class."

    ::= { qosIfDscpMapEntry 1 }

qosIfDscpMapMapId OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX         PolicyTagId
    STATUS         current
    DESCRIPTION
        "An integer that identifies the DSCP map to which this PRI
        belongs."

    ::= { qosIfDscpMapEntry 2 }

qosIfDscpMapDscp OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX         Dscp

                                                               [Page 27]


DiffServ QoS Policy Information Base                           July 2000

    STATUS         current
    DESCRIPTION
        "The DSCP that is being assigned to a queue and threshold by
        this PRI."

    ::= { qosIfDscpMapEntry 3 }

qosIfDscpMapQueue OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX         PolicyReferenceId
    PIB-REFERENCE  qosIfQueueTable
    STATUS         current
    DESCRIPTION
        "This attribute maps the DSCP specified by qosIfDscpMapDscp to
        the queue identified by qosIfQueuePrid in qosIfQueueTable.
        For a given DSCP map, all the queues must belong to a single
        queue set."

    ::= { qosIfDscpMapEntry 4 }

qosIfDscpMapThresh OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX         PolicyReferenceId
    PIB-REFERENCE  qosIfThresholdTable
    STATUS         current
    DESCRIPTION
        "This attribute maps the DSCP specified by qosIfDscpMapDscp to
        the threshold identified by qosIfThresholdId in
        qosIfThresholdTable."  The threshold set to which this
        threshold belongs must be assigned to the queue specified by
        qosIfDscpMapQueue."

    ::= { qosIfDscpMapEntry 5 }

--
-- QoS Meter Table
--
-- The QoS Meter Table contains metering specifications that
-- can be used to provide an acceptable flow bandwidth
-- dimension to the Target table.
--

qosMeter OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= { qosPolicyGenPibClasses 2 }

                                                               [Page 28]


DiffServ QoS Policy Information Base                           July 2000

qosMeterTable OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX         SEQUENCE OF QosMeterEntry
    PIB-ACCESS     install, 10
    STATUS         current
    DESCRIPTION
        "Contains the current set of configured meters. The
        meters are associated with a classifier during
        operation through the QoS Target Table."

    INSTALL-ERRORS {
        invalidCommittedData(1),
        invalidPeakData(2)
        }
    ::= { qosMeter 1 }

qosMeterEntry OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX         QosMeterEntry
    STATUS         current
    DESCRIPTION
        "General metering definitions. Each entry specifies
        an instance of the qosMeter class which specifies
        metering information in terms of traffic stream
        bandwidth parameters. An entry can thus be used to
        support traffic metering based on the specified
        service level specification."

    INDEX { qosMeterPrid }
    UNIQUENESS { qosMeterDataSpecification,
                 qosMeterCommittedRate,
                 qosMeterCommittedBurst,
                 qosMeterPeakRate,
                 qosMeterPeakBurst,
                 qosMeterHighConfAction,
                 qosMeterMedConfAction,
                 qosMeterLowConfAction }

    ::= { qosMeterTable 1 }

QosMeterEntry ::= SEQUENCE {
        qosMeterPrid              PolicyInstanceId,
        qosMeterDataSpecification INTEGER,
        qosMeterCommittedRate     Unsigned32,
        qosMeterCommittedBurst    Unsigned32,
        qosMeterPeakRate          Unsigned32,
        qosMeterPeakBurst         Unsigned32,

                                                               [Page 29]


DiffServ QoS Policy Information Base                           July 2000

        qosMeterHighConfAction    PolicyReferenceId,
        qosMeterMedConfAction     PolicyReferenceId,
        qosMeterLowConfAction     PolicyReferenceId
}

qosMeterPrid OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX         PolicyInstanceId
    STATUS         current
    DESCRIPTION
        "An arbitrary integer index that uniquely identifies
        the instance of the qosMeter class. Meters are
        associated with specific flows using this attribute
        through the qosTargetMeter attribute in the QoS
        Target class."

    ::= { qosMeterEntry 1 }

qosMeterDataSpecification OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX         INTEGER {
                        noMeterData(1),   -- no metering reqd
                        committedData(2), -- committed rate only
                        peakData(3)       -- committed and peak
                   }
    STATUS         current
    DESCRIPTION
        "Specifies the metering data, and thus the actions, that
        are defined in a given entry.

        A value of noMeterData(1) indicates that no flow metering
        is necessary. All flows associated with this meter entry
        are considered to be at a high level of conformance.

        A value of committedData(2) indicates that committed rate
        and committed burst information has been specified and will
        be applied to associated flows. No peak rate and burst
        information has been specified meaning that two levels
        of conformance (high, medium) are supported.

        A value of peakData(3) indicates that peak rate and peak
        burst information has been provided in addition to the
        committed rate and committed burst information. All provided
        information will be applied to associated flows meaning that
        three levels of conformance (high, medium, low) are
        supported."

                                                               [Page 30]


DiffServ QoS Policy Information Base                           July 2000

     ::= { qosMeterEntry 2 }

qosMeterCommittedRate OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX         Unsigned32 (0..'ffffffff'h)
    STATUS         current
    DESCRIPTION
        "This object represents the committed information rate
        (CIR) against which associated traffic streams will be
        metered. The CIR specifies the rate at which incoming
        traffic can arrive to be considered to be at a high
        level of conformance. Typically, this value specifies
        the rate at which tokens are added to a token bucket
        used to meter received flows.

        This object specifies a rate in bytes per second units
        such that, for example, a value of 100 equates to a
        committed information rate of 100 bytes per second.

        Committed rate (and burst) information must be present
        if the qosMeterDataSpecification object has the value
        committedData(2) or peakRate(3). This, in turn, requires
        that at least both high and medium conformance actions
        be specified."

    ::= { qosMeterEntry 3 }

qosMeterCommittedBurst OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX         Unsigned32 (0..'ffffffff'h)
    STATUS         current
    DESCRIPTION
        "This object represents the committed burst size
        (CBS) against which associated traffic streams will
        be metered. The CBS specifies the maximum burst size
        that is supported for flows to be considered to be at
        a high level of conformance. Typically, this value
        represents the maximum number of tokens in a token
        bucket.

        This object specifies flow data in bytes per second
        units such that, for example, a value of 100 equates
        to a committed information rate of 100 bytes per
        second.

        Committed burst (and rate) information must be present
        if the qosMeterDataSpecification object has the value

                                                               [Page 31]


DiffServ QoS Policy Information Base                           July 2000

        committedData(2) or peakRate(3). This, in turn, requires
        that at least both high and medium conformance actions
        be specified."

    ::= { qosMeterEntry 4 }

qosMeterPeakRate OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX         Unsigned32 (0..'ffffffff'h)
    STATUS         current
    DESCRIPTION
        "This object represents the peak information rate (PIR)
        against which associated traffic streams will be
        metered. The PIR specifies the rate at which incoming
        traffic can arrive to be considered to be at a medium
        level of conformance. Typically, this value specifies
        the rate at which tokens are added to a token bucket
        used to meter received flows.

        This object specifies a rate in bytes per second units
        such that, for example, a value of 100 equates to a
        committed information rate of 100 bytes per second.

        Peak rate (and burst) information must be present
        if the qosMeterDataSpecification object has the value
        peakData(3). This, in turn, requires that high, medium
        and low conformance actions be specified."

    ::= { qosMeterEntry 5 }

qosMeterPeakBurst OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX         Unsigned32 (0..'ffffffff'h)
    STATUS         current
    DESCRIPTION
        "This object represents the peak burst size (PBS)
        against which associated traffic streams will
        be metered. The CBS specifies the maximum burst size
        that is supported for flows to be considered to be at
        a medium level of conformance. Typically, this value
        represents the maximum number of tokens in a token
        bucket.

        This object specifies flow data in bytes per second
        units such that, for example, a value of 100 equates
        to a committed information rate of 100 bytes per
        second.

                                                               [Page 32]


DiffServ QoS Policy Information Base                           July 2000

        Peak burst (and rate) information must be present
        if the qosMeterDataSpecification object has the value
        peakData(3). This, in turn, requires that high, medium
        and low conformance actions be specified."

    ::= { qosMeterEntry 6 }

qosMeterHighConfAction OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX         PolicyReferenceId
    PIB-REFERENCE  qosActionTable
    STATUS         current
    DESCRIPTION
        "This attribute identifies the action that is to be
        initiated for flows that are determined to have a high
        level of conformance with regard to metering criteria
        being applied to the flow.

        Actions must be defined in the qosActionTable prior to
        being referenced by this attribute. A valid value for
        this attribute must always be provided."

    ::= { qosMeterEntry 7 }

qosMeterMedConfAction OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX         PolicyReferenceId
    PIB-REFERENCE  qosActionTable
    STATUS         current
    DESCRIPTION
        "This attribute identifies the action that is to be
        initiated for flows that are determined to have a medium
        level of conformance with regard to metering criteria
        being applied to the flow.

        Actions must be defined in the qosActionTable prior to
        being referenced by this attribute. A valid value for
        this attribute must be provided if the value of the
        associated qosMeterDataSpecification object is
        committedRate(2) or peakRate(3)."

    ::= { qosMeterEntry 8 }

qosMeterLowConfAction OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX         PolicyReferenceId
    PIB-REFERENCE  qosActionTable
    STATUS         current

                                                               [Page 33]


DiffServ QoS Policy Information Base                           July 2000

    DESCRIPTION
        "This attribute identifies the action that is to be
        initiated for flows that are determined to have a low
        level of conformance with regard to metering criteria
        being applied to the flow.

        Actions must be defined in the qosActionTable prior to
        being referenced by this attribute. A valid value for
        this attribute must be provided if the value of the
        associated qosMeterDataSpecification object is
        peakRate(3)."

    ::= { qosMeterEntry 9 }

--
-- The Generic QoS Action Group
--

qosAction OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= { qosPolicyGenPibClasses 3 }

--
-- The QoS Action Table
--
-- The QoS Action Table describes actions that are associated with
-- specific meters through the QoS Target Table.  An action specifies
-- whether to mark, drop, or leave the packet unchaged.

qosActionTable OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX         SEQUENCE OF QosActionEntry
    PIB-ACCESS     install, 4
    STATUS         current
    DESCRIPTION
        "Contains the current set of configured actions. The actions
        are associated with meters and interfaces during operation."

    ::= { qosAction 1 }

qosActionEntry OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX         QosActionEntry
    STATUS         current
    DESCRIPTION
        "General action definitions. Each entry specifies an instance

                                                               [Page 34]


DiffServ QoS Policy Information Base                           July 2000

        of the qosAction class which describes (potentially)
        several distinct action attributes.

        An instance of this class can not be deleted while it is being
        referenced in a target instance in another class. This
        class may be extended with actions that apply to specific QoS
        policies using augmentation."

    INDEX { qosActionPrid }
    UNIQUENESS { qosActionDrop,
                 qosActionUpdateDSCP }

    ::= { qosActionTable 1 }

QosActionEntry ::= SEQUENCE {
        qosActionPrid       PolicyInstanceId,
        qosActionAction     INTEGER,
        qosActionUpdateDSCP Dscp,
}

qosActionPrid OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX         PolicyInstanceId
    STATUS         current
    DESCRIPTION
        "An arbitrary integer index that uniquely identifies
        the instance of the QoS Action class. Class instances
        may not be contiguous. Actions are associated with
        Target instances in other classes (e.g., the QoS
        Meter class) using this attribute."

    ::= { qosActionEntry 1 }

qosActionAction OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX         INTEGER {
               drop(1),
               mark(2),
               unchange(3)    -- don't alter the DSCP
              }
    STATUS         current
    DESCRIPTION
        "This action attribute specifies the action to be taken on the
        packet.

        Prior to discarding a packet, other actions that have
        been specified should be performed if they make protocol

                                                               [Page 35]


DiffServ QoS Policy Information Base                           July 2000

        sense. For example, requests for traffic mirroring (if
        such an action is supported by a device) should be
        honored. However, updating protocol header values will
        typically not be necessary."

    ::= { qosActionEntry 2 }

qosActionUpdateDSCP OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX         Dscp
    STATUS         current
    DESCRIPTION
        "This attribute specifies the value to write into the DSCP
        field of the packet if the action to be taken is to mark the
        packet.

    ::= { qosActionEntry 3 }

--
-- The QoS Target Table
--
-- The QoS Target Table supports the association of filters,
-- interfaces, meters and actions. It allows filter instances, as
-- defined in various filter classes, to be associated with specific
-- interfaces/flow direction (based on interface role combination and
-- traffic direction) and actions to be performed based on traffic
-- classification and metering.  Furthermore, it allows heterogeneous
-- filter definition class instances to be applied to the same
-- interface group in a prescribed order of precedence.
--

qosTargetTable OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX         SEQUENCE OF QosTargetEntry
    PIB-ACCESS     install, 7
    STATUS         current
    DESCRIPTION
        "A class that applies a set of filters to interfaces specifying,
        for each interface, the precedence order of the filters with
        respect to other filters applied to the same interface and, for
        each filter, the meter to apply to packets accepted by the
        filter.  Interfaces are specified abstractly
        in terms of interface roles.

        This class may contain filters that specify different types
        of traffic classification."

                                                               [Page 36]


DiffServ QoS Policy Information Base                           July 2000

    INSTALL-ERRORS {
        priPrecedenceConflict(1) -- precedence conflict detected
        }

    ::= { qosAction 2 }

qosTargetEntry OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX         QosTargetEntry
    STATUS         current
    DESCRIPTION
        "An instance of the qosTarget class. Instance creation
        may be prohibited based on the status of certain class
        attributes which must exist prior to class instantiation."

    INDEX { qosTargetPrid }
    UNIQUENESS { qosTargetFilterId,
                 qosTargetInterfaceRoles,
                 qosTargetInterfaceDirection,
                 qosTargetOrder }

    ::= { qosTargetTable 1 }

QosTargetEntry ::= SEQUENCE {
        qosTargetPrid               PolicyInstanceId,
        qosTargetFilterId           PolicyTagReference,
        qosTargetInterfaceRoles     RoleCombination,
        qosTargetInterfaceDirection INTEGER,
        qosTargetOrder              Unsigned32,
        qosTargetMeter              PolicyReferenceId
}

qosTargetPrid OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX         PolicyInstanceId
    STATUS         current
    DESCRIPTION
        "An arbitrary integer index that uniquely identifies
        the instance of the QoS Target class."

    ::= { qosTargetEntry 1 }

qosTargetFilterId OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX         PolicyTagReference
    PIB-TAG        frwkFilterGroupDefinitionId
    STATUS         current
    DESCRIPTION

                                                               [Page 37]


DiffServ QoS Policy Information Base                           July 2000

        "This attribute identifies the filter group that is associated with
        this target.  This filter group must be specified in
        frwkFilterGroupDefinitionTable and the specific group is
        identified by the value of this attribute."

    ::= { qosTargetEntry 2 }

qosTargetInterfaceRoles OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX         RoleCombination
    STATUS         current
    DESCRIPTION
        "The interfaces to which this target applies specified
        in terms of a set of roles. The role combination
        specified by this attribute must exist in the
        frwkIfCapSetRoleComboTable prior to being association
        with an instance of this class."

    ::= { qosTargetEntry 3 }

qosTargetInterfaceDirection OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX         INTEGER {
                       in(1),
                       out(2)
                   }
    STATUS         current
    DESCRIPTION
        "The direction of packet flow at the interface in
        question to which this filter applies."

    ::= { qosTargetEntry 4 }

qosTargetOrder OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX         Unsigned32
    STATUS         current
    DESCRIPTION
        "An integer that determines the precedence order of
        this filter in the list of filters applied to interfaces of
        the specified role combination. A filter with a given
        precedence order is positioned in the list before one
        with a higher-valued precedence order.

        As an example, consider the following Target association:

          Index   IfRoleCombo  IfDirection FilterId Order
            14  'eth1000+L2+L3'   'in'         8      1

                                                               [Page 38]


DiffServ QoS Policy Information Base                           July 2000

            15  'eth1000+L2+L3'   'in'         3      2
            16  'eth1000+L2+L3'   'in'        12      3
            17  'eth1000+L2+L3'   'in'         6      4
            18  'eth1000+L2+L3'   'in'        21      5

        Five distinct filter specifications form a Target association
        (e.g., based on the specified interface role combination and
        direction attributes) with a prescribed order of
        evaluation. The FilterId attributes identify the filter
        definition instances.

        Precedence values within an association must be unique
        otherwise instance installation will be prohibited and an
        error value will be returned."

    ::= { qosTargetEntry 5 }

qosTargetMeter OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX         PolicyReferenceId
    PIB-REFERENCE  qosMeterTable
    STATUS         current
    DESCRIPTION
        "This attribute identifies the meter that is associated
        with this QoS Target instance. Meters are defined
        in the qosMeterTable. The corresponding instance in
        the qosMeter class (i.e., the class instance where
        the qosMeterPrid is equal to the value of this object)
        must exist prior to being associated with a Target
        entry."

    ::= { qosTargetEntry 6 }

--
-- Conformance Section
--

qosPolicyIpPibConformance
                OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= { qosPolicyIpPib 3 }

qosPolicyIpPibCompliances
                OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= { qosPolicyIpPibConformance 1 }
qosPolicyIpPibGroups
                OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= { qosPolicyIpPibConformance 2 }

                                                               [Page 39]


DiffServ QoS Policy Information Base                           July 2000

qosPolicyIpPibCompliance MODULE-COMPLIANCE
    STATUS  current
    DESCRIPTION
            "Describes the requirements for conformance to the
            QoS Policy IP PIB."

    MODULE  -- this module
        MANDATORY-GROUPS { qosIfSchedulingCapsGroup,
                           qosIfQueueSetAssignGroup,
                           qosIfQueueGroup,
                           qosMeterGroup,
                           qosActionGroup,
                           qosTargetGroup }

        OBJECT        qosIfQueueSetAssignName
        MIN-ACCESS    notify
        DESCRIPTION  "Install support is not required."

        OBJECT        qosIfQueueSetAssignRoles
        MIN-ACCESS    notify
        DESCRIPTION  "Install support is not required."

        OBJECT        qosIfQueueSetAssignQueueSetId
        MIN-ACCESS    notify
        DESCRIPTION  "Install support is not required."

        OBJECT        qosIfQueueSetId
        MIN-ACCESS    notify
        DESCRIPTION  "Install support is not required."

        OBJECT        qosIfQueueQueueSize
        MIN-ACCESS    notify
        DESCRIPTION  "Install support is not required."

        OBJECT        qosIfQueueSetThreshSet
        MIN-ACCESS    notify
        DESCRIPTION  "Install support is not required."

        OBJECT        qosIfQueuePriorityGroup
        MIN-ACCESS    notify
        DESCRIPTION  "Install support is not required."

        OBJECT        qosIfQueueServiceDisc
        MIN-ACCESS    notify
        DESCRIPTION  "Install support is not required."

                                                               [Page 40]


DiffServ QoS Policy Information Base                           July 2000

        OBJECT        qosIfQueueDrainSize
        MIN-ACCESS    notify
        DESCRIPTION  "Install support is not required."

        OBJECT        qosIfQueueMinAbsBandwidth
        MIN-ACCESS    notify
        DESCRIPTION  "Install support is not required."

        OBJECT        qosIfQueueBandwidthAllocation
        MIN-ACCESS    notify
        DESCRIPTION  "Install support is not required."

        OBJECT        qosMeterDataSpecification
        MIN-ACCESS    notify
        DESCRIPTION  "Install support is not required."

        OBJECT        qosMeterCommittedRate
        MIN-ACCESS    notify
        DESCRIPTION  "Install support is not required."

        OBJECT        qosMeterCommittedBurst
        MIN-ACCESS    notify
        DESCRIPTION  "Install support is not required."

        OBJECT        qosMeterPeakRate
        MIN-ACCESS    notify
        DESCRIPTION  "Install support is not required."

        OBJECT        qosMeterPeakBurst
        MIN-ACCESS    notify
        DESCRIPTION  "Install support is not required."

        OBJECT        qosMeterHighConfAction
        MIN-ACCESS    notify
        DESCRIPTION  "Install support is not required."

        OBJECT        qosMeterMedConfAction
        MIN-ACCESS    notify
        DESCRIPTION  "Install support is not required."

        OBJECT        qosMeterLowConfAction
        MIN-ACCESS    notify
        DESCRIPTION  "Install support is not required."

        OBJECT        qosActionDrop

                                                               [Page 41]


DiffServ QoS Policy Information Base                           July 2000

        MIN-ACCESS    notify
        DESCRIPTION  "Install support is not required."

        OBJECT        qosActionUpdateDSCP
        MIN-ACCESS    notify
        DESCRIPTION  "Install support is not required."

        GROUP   qosIfClassificationCapsGroup
        DESCRIPTION
            "The qosIfClassificationCapsGroup is mandatory
            if IP datagram classification is supported."

        GROUP   qosIfMeteringCapsGroup
        DESCRIPTION
            "The qosIfMeteringCapsGroup is mandatory if
            metering and shaping capabilities are supported."

        GROUP   qosIfThresholdGroup
        DESCRIPTION
            "The qosIfThresholdGroup is mandatory if
            queue-based thresholds are supported and if
            the qosIfDscpMapGroup is supported."

        OBJECT        qosIfThresholdSetId
        MIN-ACCESS    notify
        DESCRIPTION  "Install support is not required."

        OBJECT        qosIfThresholdDropMethod
        MIN-ACCESS    notify
        DESCRIPTION  "Install support is not required."

        OBJECT        qosIfThresholdMinThresh
        MIN-ACCESS    notify
        DESCRIPTION  "Install support is not required."

        OBJECT        qosIfThresholdMaxThresh
        MIN-ACCESS    notify
        DESCRIPTION  "Install support is not required."

        GROUP   qosIfDscpAssignGroup
        DESCRIPTION
            "The qosIfDscpAssignGroup is mandatory if traffic
            queue assignment based on DSCP is supported."

        OBJECT        qosIfDscpAssignName

                                                               [Page 42]


DiffServ QoS Policy Information Base                           July 2000

        MIN-ACCESS    notify
        DESCRIPTION  "Install support is not required."

        OBJECT        qosIfDscpAssignRoles
        MIN-ACCESS    notify
        DESCRIPTION  "Install support is not required."

        OBJECT        qosIfDscpAssignDscpMap
        MIN-ACCESS    notify
        DESCRIPTION  "Install support is not required."

        GROUP   qosIfDscpMapGroup
        DESCRIPTION
            "The qosIfDscpMapGroup is mandatory if the
            qosIfDscpAssignGroup is supported."

        OBJECT        qosIfDscpMapMapId
        MIN-ACCESS    notify
        DESCRIPTION  "Install support is not required."

        OBJECT        qosIfDscpMapDscp
        MIN-ACCESS    notify
        DESCRIPTION  "Install support is not required."

        OBJECT        qosIfDscpMapQueue
        MIN-ACCESS    notify
        DESCRIPTION  "Install support is not required."

        OBJECT        qosIfDscpMapThresh
        MIN-ACCESS    notify
        DESCRIPTION  "Install support is not required."

    ::= { qosPolicyIpPibCompliances 1 }

qosIfClassificationCapsGroup OBJECT-GROUP
    OBJECTS {
             qosIfClassificationCaps
    }
    STATUS  current
    DESCRIPTION
            "Objects from the qosIfClassificationCapsTable."

    ::= { qosPolicyIpPibGroups 3 }

qosIfMeteringCapsGroup OBJECT-GROUP

                                                               [Page 43]


DiffServ QoS Policy Information Base                           July 2000

    OBJECTS {
             qosIfMeteringCaps
    }
    STATUS  current
    DESCRIPTION
            "Objects from the qosIfMeteringCapsTable."

    ::= { qosPolicyIpPibGroups 4 }

qosIfSchedulingCapsGroup OBJECT-GROUP
    OBJECTS {
             qosIfSchedulingCapsMaxQueues,
             qosIfSchedulingCapsMaxThresholds,
             qosIfSchedulingCapsMaxPriorities,
             qosIfSchedulingCapsServiceDisc,
             qosIfSchedulingCapsMinQueueSize,
             qosIfSchedulingCapsMaxQueueSize,
             qosIfSchedulingCapsTotalQueueSize,
             qosIfSchedulingCapsWredCapable
    }
    STATUS  current
    DESCRIPTION
            "Objects from the qosIfSchedulingCapsTable."

    ::= { qosPolicyIpPibGroups 5 }

qosIfQueueSetAssignGroup OBJECT-GROUP
    OBJECTS {
             qosIfQueueSetAssignName,
             qosIfQueueSetAssignRoles,
             qosIfQueueSetAssignQueueSetId,
    }
    STATUS  current
    DESCRIPTION
            "Objects from the qosIfQueueSetAssignTable."

    ::= { qosPolicyIpPibGroups 6 }

qosIfQueueGroup OBJECT-GROUP
    OBJECTS {
             qosIfQueueSetId,
             qosIfQueueQueueSize,
             qosIfQueueSetThreshSet,
             qosIfQueuePriorityGroup,
             qosIfQueueServiceDisc,

                                                               [Page 44]


DiffServ QoS Policy Information Base                           July 2000

             qosIfQueueDrainSize,
             qosIfQueueMinAbsBandwidth,
             qosIfQueueBandwidthAllocation
    }
    STATUS  current
    DESCRIPTION
            "Objects from the qosIfQueueTable."

    ::= { qosPolicyIpPibGroups 7 }

qosIfThresholdGroup OBJECT-GROUP
    OBJECTS {
             qosIfThresholdSetId,
             qosIfThresholdDropMethod,
             qosIfThresholdMinThresh,
             qosIfThresholdMaxThresh
    }
    STATUS  current
    DESCRIPTION
            "Objects from the qosIfThresholdTable."

    ::= { qosPolicyIpPibGroups 8 }

qosIfDscpAssignGroup OBJECT-GROUP
    OBJECTS {
             qosIfDscpAssignName,
             qosIfDscpAssignRoles,
             qosIfDscpAssignDscpMap
    }
    STATUS  current
    DESCRIPTION
            "Objects from the qosIfDscpAssignTable."

    ::= { qosPolicyIpPibGroups 9 }

qosIfDscpMapGroup OBJECT-GROUP
    OBJECTS {
             qosIfDscpMapMapId,
             qosIfDscpMapDscp,
             qosIfDscpMapQueue,
             qosIfDscpMapThresh
    }
    STATUS  current
    DESCRIPTION
            "Objects from the qosIfDscpMapTable."

                                                               [Page 45]


DiffServ QoS Policy Information Base                           July 2000

    ::= { qosPolicyIpPibGroups 10 }

qosMeterGroup OBJECT-GROUP
    OBJECTS {
             qosMeterDataSpecification,
             qosMeterCommittedRate,
             qosMeterCommittedBurst,
             qosMeterPeakRate,
             qosMeterPeakBurst,
             qosMeterHighConfAction,
             qosMeterMedConfAction,
             qosMeterLowConfAction
    }
    STATUS  current
    DESCRIPTION
            "Objects from the qosMeterTable."

    ::= { qosPolicyIpPibGroups 11 }

qosActionGroup OBJECT-GROUP
    OBJECTS {
             qosActionDrop,
             qosActionUpdateDSCP
    }
    STATUS  current
    DESCRIPTION
            "Objects from the qosActionTable."

    ::= { qosPolicyIpPibGroups 12 }

qosTargetGroup OBJECT-GROUP
    OBJECTS {
             qosTargetFilterId,
             qosTargetFilterType,
             qosTargetInterfaceRoles,
             qosTargetInterfaceDirection,
             qosTargetOrder,
             qosTargetMeter
    }
    STATUS  current
    DESCRIPTION
            "Objects from the qosTargetTable."

    ::= { qosPolicyIpPibGroups 13 }

                                                               [Page 46]


DiffServ QoS Policy Information Base                           July 2000

END

                                                               [Page 47]


DiffServ QoS Policy Information Base                           July 2000

7.  Security Considerations

The information contained in a PIB when transported by the COPS protocol
[COPS-PR] may be sensitive, and its function of provisioning a PEP
requires that only authorized communication take place.  The use of
IPSEC between PDP and PEP, as described in [COPS], provides the
necessary protection against these threats.

8.  Intellectual Property Considerations

The IETF is being notified of intellectual property rights claimed in
regard to some or all of the specification contained in this document.
For more information consult the online list of claimed rights.

9.  Authors' Addresses

     Michael Fine
     Cisco Systems, Inc.
     170 West Tasman Drive
     San Jose, CA  95134-1706 USA
     Phone: +1 408 527 8218
     Email: [email-masked]

     Keith McCloghrie
     Cisco Systems, Inc.
     170 West Tasman Drive
     San Jose, CA  95134-1706 USA
     Phone: +1 408 526 5260
     Email: [email-masked]

     John Seligson
     Nortel Networks, Inc.
     4401 Great America Parkway
     Santa Clara, CA 95054 USA
     Phone: +1 408 495 2992
     Email: [email-masked]

     Kwok Ho Chan
     Nortel Networks, Inc.
     600 Technology Park Drive
     Billerica, MA 01821 USA
     Phone: +1 978 288 8175
     Email: [email-masked]

                                                               [Page 48]


DiffServ QoS Policy Information Base                           July 2000

     Scott Hahn
     Intel
     2111 NE 25th Avenue
     Hillsboro, OR 97124 USA
     Phone: +1 503 264 8231
     Email: [email-masked]

     Andrew Smith
     Fax: +1 415 345 1827
     Email: [email-masked]

     Francis Reichmeyer
     IPHighway Inc.
     Parker Plaza, 16th Floor
     400 Kelby St.
     Fort-Lee, NJ 07024
     Phone: (201) 585-0800
     Email: [email-masked]

10.  References

[COPS] Boyle, J., Cohen, R., Durham, D., Herzog, S., Rajan, R., and
       A. Sastry, "The COPS (Common Open Policy Service) Protocol"
       RFC 2748, January 2000.

[COPS-PR] K. Chan, D. Durham, S. Gai, S. Herzog, K. McCloghrie,
        F. Reichmeyer, J. Seligson, A. Smith, R. Yavatkar,
        "COPS Usage for Policy Provisioning,"
        draft-ietf-rap-cops-pr-03.txt, July 2000.

[SPPI] K. McCloghrie, et.al., "Structure of Policy Provisioning
        Information," draft-ietf-rap-sppi-01.txt, July 2000.

[DSARCH] M. Carlson, W. Weiss, S. Blake, Z. Wang, D. Black, and
         E. Davies, "An Architecture for Differentiated Services",
         RFC 2475, December 1998

[FR-PIB] M. Fine, K. McCloghrie, J. Seligson, K. Chan, S. Hahn,
         A. Smith, F. Reichmeyer "Framework Policy Information Base",
         Internet Draft <draft-ietf-rap-frameworkpib-01.txt>,
         July 2000

[POLICY] M. Stevens, W. Weiss H. Mahon, B. Moore, J. Strassner,
        G. Waters, A. Westerinen, J. Wheeler, "Policy Framework",

                                                               [Page 49]


DiffServ QoS Policy Information Base                           July 2000

        draft-ietf-policy-framework-00.txt, September 1999.

[RAP-FRAMEWORK] R. Yavatkar, D. Pendarakis, "A Framework for
        Policy-based Admission Control",
        draft-ietf-rap-framework-03.txt, April 1999.

[SNMP-SMI]  K. McCloghrie, D. Perkins, J. Schoenwaelder, J. Case,
        M. Rose and S. Waldbusser, "Structure of Management Information
        Version 2 (SMIv2)", STD 58, RFC 2578, April 1999.

[MODEL] Y. Bernet, A. Smith, S. Blake, D. Grossman "A Conceptual Model
        for DiffServ Routers", draft-ietf-diffserv-model-03.txt,
        May 2000.

                                                               [Page 50]


DiffServ QoS Policy Information Base                           July 2000

Table of Contents

1 Glossary ........................................................    2
2 Introduction ....................................................    2
3 DiffServ PIB Concepts ...........................................    2
3.1 Filters, Filter Groups and Classifiers ........................    2
3.2 Applying QoS Policy Using Targets .............................    3
3.3 Interface Modeling with Queue Sets ............................    4
3.3.1 Queue Scheduling ............................................    4
3.3.2 Assigning Packets To Queues and Thresholds ..................    5
3.3.3 Hierarchies of Queues .......................................    5
4 Summary of the DiffServ PIB .....................................    5
5 PIB Operational Overview ........................................    6
6 PIB Definitions .................................................    8
6.1 The DiffServ Base PIB .........................................    8
7 Security Considerations .........................................   48
8 Intellectual Property Considerations ............................   48
9 Authors' Addresses ..............................................   48
10 References .....................................................   49

                                                               [Page 51]


_______________________________________________
diffserv mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/diffserv
Archive: http://www-nrg.ee.lbl.gov/diff-serv-arch/