Subject: [Diffserv] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-diffserv-pdb-vw-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2000 06:34:41 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Differentiated Services Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: The `Virtual Wire' Per-Domain Behavior
	Author(s)	: V. Jacobson, K. Nichols, K. Poduri
	Filename	: draft-ietf-diffserv-pdb-vw-00.txt
	Pages		: 21
	Date		: 21-Jul-00
	
This document describes an edge-to-edge behavior, in diffserv 
terminology a per-domain behavior, called `Virtual Wire' (VW) 
that can be constructed in any domain supporting the diffserv EF 
PHB plus appropriate domain ingress policers. The VW behavior is 
essentially indistinguishable from a dedicated circuit and can be 
used anywhere it is desired to replace dedicated circuits with IP 
transport. Although one attribute of VW is the delivery of a peak 
rate, in VW this is explicitly coupled with a bounded jitter 
attribute.
The document is a edited version of the earlier draft-ietf-diff-
serv-ba-vw-00.txt with a new name to reflect a change in Diffserv 
WG terminology.
A pdf version of this document is available at ftp://ftp.packet-
design.com/ietf/vw_pdb_0.pdf

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-diffserv-pdb-vw-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-diffserv-pdb-vw-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-diffserv-pdb-vw-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.