Subject: [Diffserv] draft-rk-diffserv-rsvp-sig-00.txt

From: Radhakrishna <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 10:42:25 +0530

The draft-rk-diffserv-rsvp-sig-00.txt discusses the use of RSVP for
signaling and admission control in DiffServ networks. It also
defines the required RSVP objects. The use of RSVP as described
in this document simplifies the processing and can be used by
end hosts to signal the required PHBs to the network. It is also
useful to the network for admission control purposes and does not add
any overheads in data path. It also reduces the processing overheads of
RSVP messages.

Please let me know whether anybody has similar idea and whether we
can improve this draft for adding admission control mechanisms to
DiffServ networks.

Thanks,
.....RK

The draft is available at -
>  http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-rk-diffserv-rsvp-sig-00.txt.
> 

_______________________________________________
diffserv mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/diffserv
Archive: http://www-nrg.ee.lbl.gov/diff-serv-arch/

---

From: "Ronaldo Salles" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 13:28:17 +0100

Dear RK,

On page 6 you say: "As shown in figure3, policing and admission control is
done *only* in edge/boundary nodes."

On page 3 you say:"Each intermediate node along the path checks the
availability of resources on receipt of ResvConf message and passes the
ResvConf message to next node if resources are available ..." Isn't it
admission control? If yes, your first statement is wrong.

regards,
rms.

----- Original Message -----
From: Radhakrishna <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>; <[email-masked]>
Sent: Monday, July 10, 2000 6:12 AM
Subject: [Diffserv] draft-rk-diffserv-rsvp-sig-00.txt

Thanks,
.....RK

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 11:32:21 -0500

This is already an area of active work in the ISSLL working group,
so can you try on their list?

Thanks

  Brian Carpenter
  diffserv co-chair