Subject: [Diffserv] FWD: I-D ACTION:draft-mercankosk-diffserv-pdb-vw-00.txt

From: Guven Mercankosk <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2000 08:31:20 +0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

        Title           : The Virtual Wire Per Domain behavior _
Analysis and
                          Extensions
        Author(s)       : G. Mercankosk
        Filename        : draft-mercankosk-diffserv-pdb-vw-00.txt
        Pages           : 27
        Date            : 13-Jul-00

This document provides an analysis of the Virtual Wire Per Domain
Behavior with limited extensions.
The draft formalizes a model for the PDB by explicitly identifying
key timing and decision variables and associated design parameters.
It derives the necessary and sufficient conditions for creating and
establishing a Virtual Wire flow. It provides methods for
quantifying design parameters and setting decision parameters and
discusses their extensions to incorporate variations in traffic
characteristics.
A pdf version of this document is available at
http://www.ee.uwa.edu.au/~guven/vwpdb.pdf

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-mercankosk-diffserv-pdb-vw-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the
username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
        "get draft-mercankosk-diffserv-pdb-vw-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
        [email-masked].
In the body type:
        "FILE /internet-drafts/draft-mercankosk-diffserv-pdb-vw-00.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
        MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
        feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
        command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
        a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail
readers
        exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
        "multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
        up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on

        how to manipulate these messages.