Subject: [Diffserv] Policy and Traffic control parameter updates

From: "Rao, Viswanatha" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2000 13:04:03 -0500

Hello,

I believe diffserv & pib will be supported on edge and core BGP routers. My
questions are:

1. As of today are there any routers supporting these features, if not what
is the time frame?

2. What kind of time-intervals can we expect to update the policy and
traffic control information on these routers? As an example, I would like to
set Bandwidth for AF DSCPs and the corresponding filter on core router. Can
I do it every hour or every sec?
 
3. On the edge routers, I believe the frequency of update matches
instantiation of every new flow. Is it correct?

4. When pib and diffserv mibs are implemented, can I get statistics at each
flow and each phb level from the routers?

I appreciate a reply,
Regards
Vishwa

_______________________________________________
diffserv mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/diffserv
Archive: http://www-nrg.ee.lbl.gov/diff-serv-arch/