Subject: [Diffserv] tunnels-01 Draft

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 19:44:00 -0400

draft-ietf-diffserv-tunnels-01.txt has been submitted
and should be coming soon to a server near you.

Changes from -00 to -01 version of draft-ietf-diffserv-tunnels
--------------------------------------------------------------

Draft is now intended to be informational rather than standards track.
Removed all MUSTs, SHOULDs, and other RFC-2119-isms.  Toned down some of the
resulting text.

3: Rewrote the critique of PHB specification guideline G.7 in the diffserv
architecture
to indicate what the problem is and what should be done instead.  The
guideline is basically
ok as written, although its last sentence becomes moot if the approach in
this draft is followed.

4.1: Generalized language describing pipe model tunnels with ingress and
egress in the same
domain to instead refer to ingress and egress in domains with compatible
service provisioning
policies PHBs and DSCPs for the tunneled traffic.  Credit to Kathie for
catching this one.

5.1 and 5.2: New sections to cover interaction between packet reordering and
tunnel protocols
that react badly to it.  Please check this carefully, as it's heavily based
on recent discussions
on the list, and I think I captured all the points that were raised.

6.1: Corrected IPsec egress language - previous version recommended
selecting the wrong
DSCP.  Language is now compatible with RFC 2401 (IPsec architecture).

General editorial cleanup/beautification.  Based on some of the things I
found,
it doesn't look like too many people read the previous version in detail.

Comments to me and the list please.  I believe the WG chairs would
like to last call this draft prior to Pittsburgh.

--David

---------------------------------------------------
David L. Black, Senior Technologist
EMC Corporation, 42 South St., Hopkinton, MA  01748
+1 (508) 435-1000 x75140, FAX: +1 (508) 497-6909
[email-masked]  Cellular: +1 (978) 394-7754
---------------------------------------------------

_______________________________________________
diffserv mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/diffserv
Archive: http://www-nrg.ee.lbl.gov/diff-serv-arch/