Subject: [Diffserv] Question: DS support in BSD

From: Ping Pan <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 21:00:41 -0400

Hi,

In BSD, we can set the TOS byte in the IP header for TCP and UDP packets
through socket interface. So the end users can send packets with their
favored TOS.

Unfortunately, the TOS offset is all different from DiffServ. Has anyone
modified the BSD kernel to support DSCP? 

Thanks for the info. Don't want to duplicate the effort.

--
Ping Pan         http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~pingpan

_______________________________________________
diffserv mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/diffserv
Archive: http://www-nrg.ee.lbl.gov/diff-serv-arch/

---

From: Andreas Terzis <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 19:32:14 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Ping,

In our diffserv implementation for FreeBSD we have added a socket option
so an application can instruct the kernel to set the EF DSCP to packets
sent through a TCP.UDP or raw socket. You can find the implementation
at 

http://irl.cs.ucla.edu/twotier/

regards,

-andreas

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Andreas A. Terzis,                  | UCLA Computer Science Department
http://irl.cs.ucla.edu/~terzis      | Internet Research Lab

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2000 09:38:52 -0500

For those who don't already know, there is a dedicated diffserv
implementation list. Go to this URL to sign up:

http://www.atnf.csiro.au/news/exploders/dsimplementation.html

   Brian

-- 
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Brian E Carpenter 
Program Director, Internet Standards & Technology, IBM 
On assignment for IBM at http://www.iCAIR.org 
Attend INET 2000: http://www.isoc.org/inet2000
Non-IBM email: [email-masked]