Subject: [Diffserv] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-diffserv-tunnels-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 06:45:33 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Differentiated Services Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Differentiated Services and Tunnels
	Author(s)	: D. Black
	Filename	: draft-ietf-diffserv-tunnels-01.txt
	Pages		: 11
	Date		: 20-Jun-00
	
This draft considers the interaction of Differentiated Services
(diffserv) [RFC-2474, RFC-2475] with IP tunnels of various forms.
The discussion of tunnels in the diffserv architecture [RFC-2475]
provides insufficient guidance to tunnel designers and implementers.
This document describes two conceptual models for the interaction of
diffserv with IP tunnels and employs them to explore the resulting
configurations and combinations of functionality.  An important
consideration is how and where it is appropriate to perform diffserv
traffic conditioning in the presence of tunnel encapsulation and
decapsulation.  A few simple mechanisms are also proposed that limit
the complexity that tunnels would otherwise add to the diffserv
traffic conditioning model.  Security considerations for IPsec
tunnels limit the possible functionality in some circumstances.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-diffserv-tunnels-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-diffserv-tunnels-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-diffserv-tunnels-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.