Subject: [Diffserv] update draft-bonaventure-diffserv-rashaper-02.txt

From: Stefaan De Cnodder <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2000 18:16:35 +0200

Hi,

based on some discussions we decided to update the draft
draft-bonaventure-diffserv-rashaper-02.txt, we have added the following
section:

"6. The rate adaptive shaper combined with other markers

This document explains how the idea of a rate adaptive shaper can be
combined with the srTCM and the trTCM.  This resulted in the srRAS and
the G-srRAS for the srTCM and in the trRAS and the G-trRAS for the
trTCM.  Similar adaptive shapers could be developped to support other
traffic markers such as the Time Sliding Window Three Color Marker
(TSWTCM) [Fang].  However, the exact definition of such new adaptive
shapers and their performance is outside the scope of this document."

+ the reference:

[Fang]  W. Fang, N. Seddigh, and B. Nandy, "A Time Sliding Window Three
Colour Marker (TSWTCM)", Internet draft
draft-fang-diffserv-tc-tswtcm-01.txt

We have also sent the update,
draft-bonaventure-diffserv-rashaper-02.txt, to the internet drafts
directory such you can see the full updated draft (but it is not yet in
the directory).

best regards,

Stefaan

_______________________________________________
diffserv mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/diffserv
Archive: http://www-nrg.ee.lbl.gov/diff-serv-arch/