Subject: [Diffserv] Token Bucket Parameters

From: "Mike Badil" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 10:40:31 EDT

Hi all,

I have read some diffserv material, I have question which could not find the 
answer from the notes which I read. If somebody helps, I will be 
appreciated.

The question is: In traffic conditioning we use Token Bucket scheme, I would 
like to know, How to choose Token Bucket parameters,such as flow rate, 
bucket size, burst size, token rate etc. Is there any math. formula which 
defines these relation?

And also I think these parameters would be different for different traffics, 
Such as in UDP will be different than TCP etc.

Does anyone knows any work related to these issues? or can give some 
references.

Thanks

________________________________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com

_______________________________________________
diffserv mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/diffserv
Archive: http://www-nrg.ee.lbl.gov/diff-serv-arch/