Subject: [Diffserv] diffserv-model-03

From: "John Dullaert" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 May 2000 17:06:58 -0400

Just a few comments/observations.

Algorithmic Droppers...recommend "one or more" just to be safe.

FIFO description...for consistency with the rest of the element
descriptions, I would recommend a single input with allowance for a
multiplexer if required.

By modelling the dropper with separate inputs for IN and OUT traffic, how
do you avoid reordering of flows which have packets in both categories?  (I
am thinking a simple FCFS methodology)

In the threshold dropper, should the trigger have referred to FIFO2 as
typed, or FIFO1?  Or should the output have been FIFO2?

In the example TCB I believe you have used Profile5 and Profile2
interchangeably.

Open Issues:

1 - Specifying an Absolute Dropper may be too restrictive when an
Algorithmic Dropper could meet the requirement.

2 - Agree

John C. Dullaert
Captain
Royal Military College of Canada
ECE Grad Student
548-8053
fax 548-8408

_______________________________________________
diffserv mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/diffserv
Archive: http://www-nrg.ee.lbl.gov/diff-serv-arch/