Subject: [Diffserv] iBAND4: Free Educational Passes & QoS Demonstration

From: Marty Bickford <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 12:08:25 -0700

-----------------------------------------------------------
iBAND4 - Internet Traffic Management & Service Provisioning
         for IP Network Engineers & Techno-Savvy Colleagues
         San Francisco Airport Marriott Hotel
         Conference: June 11-13 + Workshops: June 14
         http://www.stardust.com/iband4/
-----------------------------------------------------------

Free Educational Passes
-----------------------

Stardust.com is happy to offer a limited number of free conference passes
to educators and non-commercial researchers. If you are interested in
obtaining a pass, please email Marty Bickford <[email-masked]>.

iBAND4 is the fourth in the only series of events focused on bandwidth
management, traffic engineering and service provisioning. iBAND is your
chance to explore the latest thinking about smart bandwidth. Learn about
the new standards and technologies, deployment strategies, and business
opportunities. Get access to information, insight, knowledge and experts
not available at less-focused industry shows.

QoS Network Showcase
--------------------

The iBAND4 Showcase is the third in a series of networks engineered by
members of the QoS Forum. This time around, the showcase features solutions
to two substantial classes of problem being confronted by managers of IP
networks:

- Napster/MP3-based traffic saturation 
- Denial of Service Attacks

Within this showcase, you can see new Quality of Service and Policy
Management capabilities in hosts, applications, routers, switches and
network analysis tools. Engineered into several different network
topologies, these interoperable products harness new protocol standards and
show how network managers can use them to address real problems confronting
their IP networks.

Keynotes outline QoS-enabled, Policy-based B2B networks!
--------------------------------------------------------

   Evan Kaplan, ceo of Aventail:
   "B2B Models & the Fundamental Need for Policy-based Networking"

   Tony Naughtin, ceo of InterNAP: 
   "The Real-World Marriage of QoS and Policy"

   Brian Carpenter, dir of Internet technology & standards for IBM:
   "The Evolution and Integration of Emerging Standards"

IPv6 and IP Multicast Workshops
-------------------------------

Attend one of these advanced technology workshops to understand how the
protocols work and how they can be integrated into your network.

 IP Multicast at a Crossroads
 http://www.stardust.com/iband4/multicast.htm

 IPv6 - Understanding the Next Generation
 http://www.stardust.com/iband4/ipv6.htm

The iBAND workshops will be taught on June 14th. Space is very limited. For
more information call (408)879-8080 or visit http://www.stardust.com/iband4/

Sign-up Now and Save Money 
--------------------------

The price will move to $1,395 after June 2nd. 
Register today at http://www.stardust.com/iband4/ or call (408)879-8080.

---
Marty Bickford  - 408.879.8080 (8081-fax)
Stardust.com - http://www.stardust.com

_______________________________________________
diffserv mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/diffserv
Archive: http://www-nrg.ee.lbl.gov/diff-serv-arch/