Subject: [Diffserv] WG business - poll

From: Kathleen Nichols <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 May 2000 22:48:19 -0700

The use of the term "behavior aggregate" to recurse to
cover an entire DS domain has been a matter of controversy
at the Adelaide IETF and on the mailing list. Sifting
through public and private emails on this, we've found
that the intent of the ba-def draft is nicely covered by either
of two terms and we'd like to see what the WG consensus choice
is so that we can use this in the next document revision.

The proposed terms are:

  1) per-domain behavior (PDB)
or
  2) intra-domain service (IDS)

These are intended to be defined upon a specific DS domain (as
defined in RFCs 2474 & 2475), though of course, any particular
definition may impose further constraints on the topology or
technology of DS domain for which it is useful.

Please indicate your choice of terminology by emailing
[email-masked] by May 12 with one choice - PDB or IDS.

	Brian & Kathie, WG co-chairs

_______________________________________________
diffserv mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/diffserv
Archive: http://www-nrg.ee.lbl.gov/diff-serv-arch/

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 May 2000 12:06:58 -0500

Aargh. Kathie and I got out of step. Sorry, but she's in throes
of changing email addresses and I, oh well, no excuse for me.

One poll is enough. Since mine was announced first... if you've
already replied to [email-masked], please don't reply to Kathie.

   Brian