Subject: [Diffserv] Re: Fixing up "BA"

From: Scott Brim <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 11:59:31 -0400

Since you're just trying to extend the current definition, try 
substituting "a collection of packets" everywhere you now have "BA", 
optionally adding "with the attribute of ..." as well (for your 
extensions).  See if it makes sense.  It doesn't to me.  Let me (us?) 
know if you want discuss it in detail.

...Scott

At 05:05 PM 4/11/00 -0700, Kathleen Nichols wrote:

>Scott Brim wrote:
> >
> > Kathie & Brian, I said I thought ba_def.pdf was mixing concepts.  I
> > understand what you're trying to do -- define an edge-to-edge component
> > for building end-to-end services.  I think the problem I perceive with
> > the draft is that while you're redefining BA, you're still keeping a hold
> > on the old definition.
> >
>
>We are not "redefining" BA but making an extension that should
>not contradict the old definition.

__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Talk to your friends online with Yahoo! Messenger.
http://im.yahoo.com

_______________________________________________
diffserv mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/diffserv
Archive: http://www-nrg.ee.lbl.gov/diff-serv-arch/