Subject: [Diffserv] DS MIB and Model Document

From: Bora Akyol <[email-masked]>
Date: 07 Mar 2000 15:24:52 -0800

All,

I was browsing the DS mib today and have a question:

the entry called DiffservActionEntry does not have (IMHO) all of the
necessary information to quantify the packets, that conformed and
continued without an alteration, did not conform so got remapped DSCP, 
and got dropped.

In fact, I believe this entry does not capture packets that pass
without alteration.

I also don't see the MIB entry scaling to match to multiple levels of
conformance as described in the model ID.

Comments?

Bora

_______________________________________________
diffserv mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/diffserv
Archive: http://www-nrg.ee.lbl.gov/diff-serv-arch/

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2000 09:10:07 -0600

Bora,

We are struggling to get the revised MIB and model out this week, so
please check the new versions when they come.

  Brian