Subject: [Diffserv] Apologies -- Re: Check this

From: Yonghong Ren <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2000 10:35:03 -0500

Hello everyone.

I was hit by a virus hidden in a mail I received from someone I actually
know. The virus replicated itself to every address in my Microsoft Outlook
Address Book, which unfortunately contained several mailing list addresses,
including DiffServ's.

If you see a mail with "Check this" subject line, please delete it right
away! Don't open the attachment!

If you did open the attachment and your computer runs the wonderful
Microsoft Windows, please do the following to clean the virus out:

*	search your local hard disks for RUNDLL.VBS and LINKS.VBS and remove
them. (Should be in Windows\system32 or WinNT\system32)

*	 search Windows Registry for RUNDLL.VBS and remove the entry. (You
need to run regedit to do this.)

I can't express how sorry I am for the trouble I caused. I offer my
sincerest apologies to you all!

Thank you.

Ren Yonghong
Ren Yonghong
Appian Communications, Inc.
[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> 
978 929-9098 x131