Subject: [Diffserv] Ideas rejected by the RSVP WG?

From: Bob Braden <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 20:02:04 GMT

*> moment. They have also been rejected from the RSVP BOF since it has been
  *> dedicated for work with RSVP only. 

Joakim,

If you mean the RSVP WG, as co-chair I am not aware of your ideas ever
having been brought into the working group.  If they were
"rejected", it would be a surprise to me, at least.  Indeed, Lixia did
introduce some discussion of simplification, including (I think)
removing the heterogeneity requirement, and there was some work
in the RSVP WG (by Berson) on measurement-based admission control,
which sounds like what you are suggesting.

RSVP is (only) a signaling protocol, but it is not much use if it is
built upon a foundation of wishful thinking about the underlying
network service model.  So perhaps your argument is with Guaranteed or
Controlled Load service models, in which case the int-serv (or ISSLL)
working group would seem to be the appropriate venue for your ideas.

Bob Braden

_______________________________________________
diffserv mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/diffserv
Archive: http://www-nrg.ee.lbl.gov/diff-serv-arch/