Subject: [Diffserv] Differences between edge & interior router

From: Sriphaneesh <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2000 14:50:28 +0530

Hi,

I'm new to this group. I've gone thru some of the related drafts and
RFCs. After all I came to you along some doubts. Could you clarify
my doubts.

What is the difference between the edge and interior router's
functionality?
What my understanding is... in the edge router conditioning (metering,
remarking, shaping and dropping) has to be done according to customer
and provider SLA. Where as in interior router, that much complexity will

not be there. Actually my doubt is... what are the various components of

the conditioner and their functionality in case of EF and AF trffic in
the
interior router where there is no scope to SLA.

Thanks,
Phani.

_______________________________________________
diffserv mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/diffserv
Archive: http://www-nrg.ee.lbl.gov/diff-serv-arch/