Subject: RE: [Diffserv] Model - queues

From: "Weiss, Walter" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 1999 17:33:37 -0500

Andrew,

> Can you share any information about the model that "John, 
> Dave and I" are
> working on?

Dave Durham, John Strassner, Andrea Westerinen, and I have been working both
in Policy Framework WG and in the Networks WG of the DMTF on a QoS model
based using CIM.

> How does it differ from this one?

This model goes one step further by taking the conceptual model and
organizing attributes into classes and binding classes with associations
representing the relationships between various attribute groups. The intent
is to provide a repository and protocol independent definition and
organization of attributes that can be applied to various protocols,
interfaces, and repositories. The first application of these attributes is
for use in policies although it will also be used for maintaining
configuration in repositories. It is also desirable to apply this model to
PIBs although the jury is still out on that.

> Might make sense to try to align the thinking here ...

That is certainly the intention.

regards,

-Walter

_______________________________________________
diffserv mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/diffserv
Archive: http://www-nrg.ee.lbl.gov/diff-serv-arch/

---

From: Dan Grossman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 1999 18:05:16 -0500

> That is certainly the intention.
Sounds good to me.  I just finished some draft text.  After it ripens overnight, I'll make any last minute changes and ship it to the list tomorrow.