Subject: [Diffserv] DS boundary router's default behavior

From: "Wang, Yang" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 1999 11:10:47 -0500

Hi,

Has any Draft or RFC defined the DiffServ boundary router's default
behavior? What I mean is that if I buy a vendor's router, put it at the DS
boundary and do nothing, what this router's behavior is in regarding to DS
traffic.

Thanks,

Yang Wang

UUNET
An MCI WorldCom Company

_______________________________________________
diffserv mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/diffserv
Archive: http://www-nrg.ee.lbl.gov/diff-serv-arch/

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 1999 10:25:44 -0600

No. I don't see any reasonable way to specify a default traffic conditioner.

Of course, we do have a clear definition of what the default DSCP means, but I
assume you are asking for more than that, and I don't think you will get it
as an IETF output.

  Brian