Subject: RE: [Diffserv] Service class of ACK packets

From: "Sikora, John J, ALSVC" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 1999 09:03:40 -0500

Hi Bahri:
I believe this was discussed before and the conclusion was that each
direction must be handled separately, since diffserv was defined for one
direction of flow. However, to get desired performance for priority flows,
it will probably be necessary to give priority to the ACKs as well. We have
found this to be true in our lab experiments. Exactly how to link the two
directions to get the desired performance for an application I believe is an
item that needs further study. Also, consider that when many flows converge
on a corporate data center, potentially a huge number of ACK flows must be
sorted out (MF classified) in the outgoing direction from the data center.
        John Sikora
        AT&T Labs

Bahri Okuroglu wrote:
 
Hi diffservers, 

Are the ACK packets of any flow (AF, EF or BE) always served as BE? Is there
any work on making the ACK of EF flow served as EF also? 

_______________________________________________
diffserv mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/diffserv
Archive: http://www-nrg.ee.lbl.gov/diff-serv-arch/