Subject: [Diffserv] agenda

From: Kathleen Nichols <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Nov 1999 16:28:11 -0800

Monday, 11/15, 19:30-22:00

(10) Agenda bashing and status......Brian Carpenter and Kathie Nichols

Working Group Drafts
--------------------

(15) Tterminology: diffserv-ietf-new-terms-01.txt ... Dan Grossman
(15) PHB IDs: diffserv-ietf-phbid-00.txt ... Scott Brim

(30) Model: draft-ietf-diffserv-model-01.txt ... Bernet, Blake, Smith
(30) MIB: draft-ietf-diffserv-mib-01.txt ... Baker et al,
(NOTE: the MIB draft appears not to have made the cut-off but must be
discussed. A version is apparently available at:
ftp://ftp.wellfleet.com/incoming/ietf_diffserv/draft-ietf-diffserv-mib-01.txt,
if you're not from Cisco. Fred will presumably make a version
available for those of us from Cisco)
(10) additional joint discussion of Model and MIB, if needed

(20) Diffserv and Tunnels: draft-black-diffserv-tunnels-00.txt ... Black
(NOTE: despite the name, this draft was solicited by the WG, but
David chose to submit it as individual since he didn't have time to
get the review of other WG members. We expect the next version to
be title as a WG draft.)

(15) Future work, looking for drafts ... Brian and Kathie

Tuesday, 11/16, 13:00-14:00

Unsolicited drafts
------------------

If business on the WG drafts was concluded on Monday, we
can discuss the unsolicited drafts. This session will be
run by the WG co-chairs who will be looking for the "sense"
of the WG on the following drafts. Authors of the drafts
are encouraged to show up in case some response or clarification
is needed, but should not expect to have any presentation time.

   draft-kanada-diffserv-qospifmib-00.txt
   draft-bonaventure-diffserv-rashaper-01.txt
   draft-bless-diffserv-lbe-phb-00.txt
   draft-bless-diffserv-multicast-00.txt
   draft-fang-diffserv-tc-tswtcm-00.txt
   draft-fu-diffserv-security-00.txt 
   draft-lin-diffserv-gtc-01.txt
   draft-nadas-diffserv-experience-01.txt

_______________________________________________
diffserv mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/diffserv
Archive: http://www-nrg.ee.lbl.gov/diff-serv-arch/

---

From: Siamack Ayandeh <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Nov 1999 10:19:35 -0500

Re the session on Tuesday. Would it be possible for the authors to
put up a one slide "outline", and lead the question period.

Regards, Siamack

---

From: Kathleen Nichols <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Nov 1999 08:32:09 -0800

> put up a one slide "outline", and lead the question period.

Due to the time constraints, authors can NOT lead the question
period. However, you may give the WG co-chairs a single slide
with some bullets about why the draft is important, what the
issues are, and what you'd like the WG to do. If the slide is
too "busy" to be unreadable, we won't use it. Please give either
Brian or I the slide sometime between the Monday diffserv session
and the start of the Tuesday diffserv session (I'll be there a
couple of minutes early). If you don't have a slide, give me a
note with your name and the draft name on it at the beginning
of the session so we know there's someone present to answer questions.
We'll skip the draft if there's no note and no slide. The WG
co-chairs will tend to give more time to drafts that got some
positive discussion on the mailing list.

	Kathie

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Nov 1999 11:48:58 -0600

Siamack,

With eight drafts to consider in 60 minutes, we don't think that 
works, so we plan to run the discussion as Kathie indicated. 

   Brian