Subject: draft rate adaptive shaper

From: Stefaan De Cnodder <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 1999 10:14:55 +0200 (MET DST)

Hi,

I submitted a new version of the internet draft 
draft-bonaventure-diffserv-rashaper-01.txt about a rate adaptive shaper.

You can find it at:

ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bonaventure-diffserv-rashaper-01.txt

Abstract

   This memo describes two rate adaptive shapers (RAS) that can be used
   in combination with the Three Color Markers (srTCM and trTCM)
   proposed in [Heinanen1]. These RAS improve the performance of TCP
   when a TCM is used at the ingress of a diffserv network by reducing
   the burstiness of the traffic and thus increasing the proportion of
   packets marked as green by the TCM.  In addition, two colored rate
   adaptive shapers (CRAS), which take into account the color of the
   packet at the head of the shaper and the status of the meters, are
   described.  Simulation results showing the improved performance are
   briefly discussed in the appendix.

Stefaan