Subject: [Diffserv-interest] time to close down diffserv-interest?

From: Lars Eggert <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2008 17:24:23 +0300

Hi,

we're doing a bit of housekeeping on the mailing list associated with  
the IETF transport area. Given the extremely light traffic during the  
last few years, is it time to close down diff-serv interest?

http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/diffserv-interest/current/maillist.html

(There's always the transport-area main list to discuss diffserv  
topics.)

Lars
_______________________________________________
Diffserv-interest mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/diffserv-interest

---

From: Scott Brim <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2008 08:01:25 -0700

> (There's always the transport-area main list to discuss diffserv  

Is there any way to document this?  Every once in a rare while we get
someone trying to understand diffserv, and their explorations lead
them to this list.  Is is possible to keep an old mailing list on the
non-WG mailing list page with a comment redirecting it to some other
list?
_______________________________________________
Diffserv-interest mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/diffserv-interest

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 May 2008 09:32:50 +1200

My opinion: keep it. We do get traffic from time to time,
and personally I don't want to sign up to tsvwg, which would
be the logical place for diffserv questions, if diffserv-interest
didn't exist.

FYI there are 434 addresses subscribed.

(The moderators have been loyal for a long time, for
which many thanks.)

   Brian