Subject: [Diffserv-interest] Diffserv gred problem

From: "Tiago Sousa" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 00:15:26 +0100

Hello to all

I am not sure if this mailing list is the better one to post my doubt, if
not please tell me which should I use.

My doubt is very simple:

I am using the GRED queuing discipline to implement the four AF classes with
three drop precedence each. The problem is that in two of my four routers
the command:

$tc qdisc add dev eth1 parent 4:1 gred setup DPs 3 default 3 grio

returns the follow error:

RTNETLINK answers: Invalid argument

This only happens in two of my four routers. What is more strange is that if
I change the default value to two and hence, I erase one DP, the error
disappear.

Could you tell me why these two routers only permit to have 2 drop
precedence. How can I solve this problem?

Thanks to all.

Tiago Sousa

_______________________________________________
Diffserv-interest mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/diffserv-interest