Subject: [Diffserv-interest] CFP: NOSSDAV 2004 (Cork, Ireland)

From: "Venkat Padmanabhan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2003 11:06:45 -0800

Dear Moderator,

  The CFP for NOSSDAV 2004 is appended below. I believe that this
workshop is relevant to the diffserv community, so I'd appreciate it if
you could circulate the CFP on the diffserv mailing list.

-Venkat

CALL FOR PAPERS

The 14th International Workshop on Network and Operating Systems Support
for Digital Audio and Video (NOSSDAV 2004) 
June 16-18, 2004 --- Kinsale, County Cork, Ireland 

http://www.nossdav.org/2004/

NOSSDAV 2004 will take place in Kinsale on the exceptionally scenic
southern coast of Ireland. Kinsale is approximately a 20 minute drive
outside Cork city, which is within easy reach of major European capitals
and the east coast of the US. The workshop is sponsored by ACM SIG
Multimedia (preliminary approval), Microsoft Research and Science
Foundation Ireland, and is in cooperation with ACM SIGCOMM (preliminary
approval).

NOSSDAV invites submissions on all areas of multimedia, but strongly
encourages submissions in newly emerging specialized areas such as
networked games and peer-to-peer streaming. NOSSDAV 2004 will be run
very much as a workshop with an emphasis on cutting-edge research and
lively discussion. Papers grounded in high-quality experimental research
based on prototype or real systems, including innovative experimental
commercial designs and prototypes, as well as papers proposing new
research directions for the community or calling into question existing
conventional wisdom are particularly welcome. ***Student participation
is strongly encouraged*** - supported by several student travel grants
and registration fee rebates.

Submissions should be no longer than 6 pages. The expectation is that
papers accepted at the workshop will eventually lead to full-length
papers at high-quality conferences or journals. The topics of interest
include, but are not limited to:

* Networked games
* Peer-to-peer multimedia
* Broadband streaming media content distribution
* 3D multimedia and (networked) immersive environments
* Wireless and ad-hoc network multimedia systems
* Embedded multimedia devices (e.g., PVRs)
* Multimedia security
* Internet telephony
* Sensory interactive applications
* Digital rights management

Deadlines:

Paper registration deadline - February 23, 2004, (5pm EST) (*firm*) 
Paper submission deadline - March 1, 2004, (5pm EST) (*firm*)

Program Co-Chairs:

Venkat Padmanabhan, Microsoft Research (USA) 
Cormac Sreenan, University College Cork (Ireland)
Email: [email-masked]

Program Committee:

Kevin Almeroth, UC Santa Barbara (USA) Ernst Biersack, Institut Eurecom
(France) Phil Chou, Microsoft Research (USA) Christophe Diot, Intel
Research (UK) Kevin Jeffay, UNC Chapel Hill (USA) Srinivasan Keshav,
University of Waterloo (Canada) Sue Moon, KAIST (Korea) Reza Rejaie,
University of Oregon (USA) Henning Schulzrinne, Columbia University
(USA) Srinivasan Seshan, CMU (USA) Anees Shaikh, IBM Research (USA) Lars
Wolf, TU Braunschweig (Germany)

_______________________________________________
Diffserv-interest mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/diffserv-interest