Subject: [Diffserv-interest] FW: draft submitted: subscriber management MIB -11

From: "Wijnen, Bert (Bert)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 31 May 2003 11:58:42 +0200

Diffserv-ers...

FYI and possible review/reaction

Thanks,
Bert 

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:		
Sent: donderdag 29 mei 2003 14:22
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: draft submitted: subscriber management MIB -11

I have submitted a greatly-revised version of the subscriber management mib
(draft-ietf-ipcdn-subscriber-mib-11.txt), making use of the Diffserv MIB
(RFC3289) as outlined in my April 28 email. The good news is that the
document is now shorter, since much of filtering is now deferred to
existing facilities in RFC3289. This will be a significant implementation
change for CMTS vendors and operators.

The reason for the change is that the overlap with RFC3289 was so great
that I did not believe that the document would pass the broader review
needed for RFC approval. We gain by re-using the work that has already gone
into 3289. It also gives us the ability, although not mandated, to
integrate with other facilities within 3289.

I urge CMTS vendors and operators, in particular, to review this carefully
and make suggestions. As always, this document is the product of the
working group and only proceeds with working group consensus.

Respectfully submitted,
Wilson Sawyer
ARRIS

_______________________________________________
Diffserv-interest mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/diffserv-interest