Subject: [Diffserv-interest] SIGCOMM 2003 RIPQOS Workshop - deadline extended

From: Tristan Henderson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2003 00:14:16 +0100

WORKSHOP in conjunction with ACM SIGCOMM 2003
Karlsruhe, Germany
25 and 27 August 2003
http://www.acm.org/sigcomm/sigcomm2003/workshops.html

Workshop on Revisiting IP QoS: Why do we care, what have we learned?
RIPQOS  --  Wed. 27 Aug. 2003
Paper registration deadline: 31 March 2003
Paper submission deadline:    7 April 2003
http://www.acm.org/sigcomm/sigcomm2003/workshop/ripqos

For over a decade the Internet engineering and research community has
debated, designed, and ignored IP Quality of Service tools and
techniques. There's a sense that something might be needed, but little
agreement on why and who will pay. At times the very notion of QoS has
seemed to be a pointless waste of time, almost a solution waiting for
a problem. This workshop is an opportunity for researchers and
practitioners to discuss the history of IP QoS research and
development, review what could have been done better, and perhaps
develop a new focus going forward.
_______________________________________________
Diffserv-interest mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/diffserv-interest