Subject: [Diffserv-interest] Re: [Diffserv] simulator for diffserv

From: Martin Westhead <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 09 Mar 2003 02:20:36 +0000

At 08/03/2003  15:14 Saturday, Sapna Isotupa wrote:
>Hello All:
>
>Is there a simulator available for testing various scheduling policies for
>diffserv?  If yes, could you tell me whom to contact to obtain one.  If
>there is no simulator available, will others be interested if a simulator
>for testing various scheduling policies is built?

Hi Sapna,

This is off-topic for the diffserv list. I have cross posted to 
diffserv-interest and if there is any follow-up discussion it should go there.

Intersim is a simulation platform that models very precisely the behaviour 
of Cisco diffserv algorithms. It is currently under development by Internet 
Design Tools, funded by Cisco Systems. We have access to the IOS source 
code and have taken a lot of trouble to ensure, and have lab tests to 
demonstrate, that the simulator's performance is indeed very close to that 
of the real router. We have plans to extend the simulator to generic 
diffserv models, and models of other vendor's platforms, however we do not 
a timescale for that development. There is more information available at 
www.internetdesigntools.com.

Intersim is not commercially available at this point, but we have a small 
group of users, if you are interested in using it please contact me directly.

Other simulators that also have (less specialised) models of diffserv 
behaviour include:

Opnet: www.opnet.com
Qualnet: www.qualnet.com
ns-2: http://www.isi.edu/nsnam/ns/

The last one is open source and free, the others are commercial.

Cheers,

Martin

----------------------Internet-Design-Tools-Ltd.--------------------

  Dr. Martin Westhead            Phone: +44 77 189 189 64
                                 Email: [email-masked]

---------------------www.InternetDesignTools.com---------------------

_______________________________________________
Diffserv-interest mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/diffserv-interest