Subject: [Diffserv-interest] MIB-Clarifications

From: "Manish Ramesh K" <[email-masked]>
Date: 28 Jan 2003 09:59:19 -0000

Hi

i have already sent this mail twice, pl. mail back if u can help 
me out on this.

  I am supporting SNMP configuration for DiffServ, based on 
DiffServ MIB
  taken from <draft-ietf-diffserv-mib-16.txt>. I am facing some 
issues,
  it would be of great help if you could provide me with 
clarifications.

  We use a 2 layer model - forwarding plane and control plane.

  1)When the row status is ACTIVE and user wants to modify an 
object of
  that row, is each change expected to be reflected in the 
forwarding
  plane ?

  2)Is it appropriate to have a limitation that in order to 
modify
  objects of an ACTIVE row, the user must set the row status of 
the row
  being modified to NOTINSERVICE, then modify the object and again 
set
  the row status back to ACTIVE?

  3)Also, when I have an ACTIVE configuration like this
  
"DataPathStart--->ClassifierEntry--->MeterEntry---->MarkerEntry"
  and the user wants to modify the marker entry. If he sets the 
row
  status of the marker entry from ACTIVE to NOTINSERVICE. What 
should
  happen to the forwarding path ?
  a) Should we remove all the entries pointing to this marker 
entry, and
  its dependents as well ? Or
  b) Should we continue to have the marker entry till the user 
modifies
  it and sets the status to ACTIVE and then update it?

  TIA,
  Manish.

_______________________________________________
Diffserv-interest mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/diffserv-interest