Subject: Re: [Diffserv-interest] Re: [Diffserv] Admission Control In DiffServ

From: Marek Tomczyk <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2002 13:53:19 +0200

Brian E Carpenter wrote:
> [email-masked] wrote:
> > In diffserv Bandwidth Brokers(BB) are responsible for admission control
> > and related issues.
> 
> Not true. That is simply one possible model, and there are no BB standards
> to my knowledge.

I am fairly new to DiffServ and wonder what are the other models for admission
control issues? Any hints or pointers to papers and/or articles dealing
with this subject are appreciated.

  Marek

_______________________________________________
Diffserv-interest mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/diffserv-interest

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2002 15:45:54 +0200

> with this subject are appreciated.

Marek,

The pragmatic model is static provisioning, with static limits per ingress
for diffserv classes requiring admission control. (That has problems in the
multicast case of course.) There is certainly quite a bit of work in
progress on non-static solutions, but I'm not aware of any review articles 
in this area myself.

   Brian
however