Subject: [Diffserv-interest] Diffserv for wireless

From: Semra YILMAZ <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2002 23:15:30 +0300

Hi Brian, 
When i apply my code for wired network, it runs.  
Let me explain detailed for wireless network; 
The first case:  i have created a script code without any queueing
management and i have seen the number of dropped packets in my topology. But
when i apply diffserv for this wireless network, the number of dropped
packets has not been changed, that is, applying diffserv to my wireless
scenerio has not affect my scnerio by means of the number of dropped
packets. This topology uses a DSDV routing protocol.

Second case: i have changed the routing protocol as DSR, and the result was
like that: without using diffserv i have seen the number of dropped packets
(1788 packets), then i have used diffserv and this time the number of
dropped packets was more (37832 packets). I think this should be reverse,
that is, when i use diffserv, the number of dropped packets in the topology
should be less, shouldn't be? 

I attach my tcl code. wireless_diff1_not.tcl is the code without diffserv
and wireless_diff1.tcl is the code with diffserv for second case. Am i doing
something wrong?

Thanks in advance 
Semra Yilmaz