Subject: Re: [Diffserv-interest] RE: streaming/QoS

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 09 Apr 2002 09:24:28 +0200

Hi Senthil, 

"Ayyasamy, Senthilkumar (UMKC-Student)" wrote:
> >>2.This question is more or less related to the first.Please refer to some
> >>research work which discusses relation between Audio& video qulaity and
> >>network
> >>performance.Some thoughts about this topic is also appreciated.
> >
> >I didn't see a question mark. What was the question?
> 
>   Is there are any existing study discussing the relation between audio&video
> quality with network performance ?..This was my question.
> Google failed to help me at this point :-)

We have a paper that relates voice quality to the network performance:

J. Janssen, M.J.C Büchli, D. De Vleeschauwer and G.H. Petit, "The Impact of
Transmission Parameters on the Quality of Packet-based Telephony", Accepted for
the special issue of IEEE Internet Computing on Internet Telephony, scheduled
for May/June 2002. 

This paper is based on the E-model. 

We also have another one that is more or less related to your question. It also
deals with Voice only (no audio, no video)

M.J.C. Büchli, D. De Vleeschauwer, J. Janssen, A. Van Moffaert, G.H. Petit,
"Resource Allocation and Management in DiffServ Networks for IP Telephony",
Proceedings of the 11th International Workshop on Network and Operating Systems
Support for Digital Audio and Video (NOSSDAV01), pp. 33-39, Port Jefferson (NY),
25-26 June 2001. 

We are currently extending this study for video/audio. 

Kind regards,

Danny

--
                                              ____________________   
Danny De Vleeschauwer                         \                  /   
_______________________________________________\                /____
                                                \              /     
Research Engineer                                \  ALCATEL   /      
DD1                                          Network Strategy Group
Tel   : +32 (0)3 240 81 96                   Francis Wellesplein  1  
GSM   : +32 (0)497 39 75 48                 B-2018 Antwerpen Belgium 
Fax   : +32 (0)3 240 48 88                           \    /
______________________________________________________\  /___________
mailto:[email-masked]                \/

_______________________________________________
Diffserv-interest mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/diffserv-interest