Subject: [Diffserv-interest] Diffserv mailing list admin - reminder

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 14:54:44 +0100

People should be aware that this list contains more than 2300 names.
This is why all messages should be as short as possible and of course
relevant to the working group's charter objectives. (*)

Some facts about the way the list is administered:

  Excessive bounces from an address (i.e. 20 or more) will cause that
  address to be disabled.

  There is a 25 kbyte limit on postings. Even the administrators
  cannot post messages beyond this limit. Remember, the IETF works
  in ASCII.

  At the moment, posting is restricted to list members as an anti-spam measure.
  Non-spam, non-trivia postings from non-members will be forwarded manually
  when time permits. (Fact: most of the postings blocked this way are
  in fact spam or subscribe requests.)

  To unsubscribe, go to
  http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/options/diffserv/<your email address>
  or in desperation, mail to [email-masked]
  (NOT to the list itself). You are supposed to get an automatic
  monthly reminder of your [un]subscribe password.

The list adminstrators are Aaron D Striegel <[email-masked]> and
myself. As noted above, we don't censor content except spam and
administrivia. 

   Brian Carpenter

(*) The charter is at
    http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/diffserv-charter.html

    General discussion can be taken to the diffserv-interest list
    http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/diffserv-interest

    Implementation issues can be taken to the dsimplementation list
    http://www.atnf.csiro.au/news/exploders/dsimplementation.html

_______________________________________________
Diffserv-interest mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/diffserv-interest