Subject: [Diffserv-interest] Automatic Class-of-Service Characterization?

From: Jon Salz <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2001 14:22:32 -0400

I'm a grad student at MIT/LCS, doing research into the automatic
characterization of network flows - analyzing traffic in real time to
attempt to "learn" about flows' classes of service (without having to
know anything a priori about the protocols being used). Has anyone
encountered similar research? I've been having a tough time finding
any. (I figured this would be a good place to ask, since perhaps one
application of such an engine would be to annotate packets automatically
with a DS field.)

Thanks,
Jon

-- 
===========================================================================
Jon Salz <[email-masked]>  "One of the interesting initiatives we've taken
Phone: 617-764-1255        in Washington, D.C., is we've got these vampire-
AIM: JSalzAtMIT            busting devices. A vampire is a--a cell deal you
                           can plug in the wall to charge your cell phone."

                               - Pres. George W. Bush, Denver, 8/14/2001

_______________________________________________
Diffserv-interest mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/diffserv-interest