Subject: [Diffserv-interest] intra-domain (diffserv) resource allocation

From: demir <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2001 16:28:53 -0700 (PDT)

To my knowledge, the most of the research in resource allocation for
Diffserv networks are related to inter-domain (diffserv) resource
allocation mechanisms where resources provisioned statically. when dynamic
resource allocation is required, they are not clear in specific algorithms
to achieve service requirements for traffic aggregates (I'm sorry if I am
wrong on this), i.e. bandwidth brokers (BBs); I think UCLA's BB provides
specific algorithms to achieve inter-domain resource allocation by means
of cushions given in two-tier resource management model. I think this is
important where ressources are provisioned dynamically. this may not be
important in the core domains, but it may be necessary towards the leaf
domains.

Is there any research/paper addressing mechanisms/algorithms for
intra-domain resource management/allocation? Moreover, towards the
leaf domains, instead of aggregate traffic level resource
allocation/provisioning, microflow/application/flow-level resource
provisioning may be demanded. As far as I know, one way to achieve this is
RSVP/Intserv(like) mechanisms may take place. I think this is a
heavy-weight + fine-grained way to provide end-to-end QoS where the core
of the network is Diffserv (my concern is to achieve end-to-end QoS where
the core domains are Diffserv. Any comments/ideas/references? Thank you
very much.

Thank you.

Alper K. Demir

_______________________________________________
Diffserv-interest mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/diffserv-interest