Subject: [core] #257: URI references and multicast requests

From: "core issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2012 11:30:10 -0000

#257: URI references and multicast requests

 Klaus Hartke notes:

 Section 8

 When a client performs a Multicast GET and receives one or more resource
 representations that contain URI references, it is not clear what the
 Retrieval URI is (see <http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3986#section-5.1.3>).

 - Is it the request URI with the multicast address?

 - Is it the related unicast request URI? How does the client learn the
 host name of the node?

 Proposal:

 For the purposes of defaulting a base URI, construct a unicast retrieval
 URI by replacing the multicast address by a literal built from the IP
 address taken from the response endpoint address.

-- 
-----------------------------+------------------------------------
 Reporter:  cabo@…           |      Owner:  draft-ietf-core-coap@…
     Type:  other technical  |     Status:  new
 Priority:  minor            |  Milestone:  post-WGLC-1
Component:  coap             |    Version:  coap-11
 Severity:  In WG Last Call  |   Keywords:
-----------------------------+------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/core/trac/ticket/257>
core <http://tools.ietf.org/core/>