Subject: [core] #254: Max-Age MUST IMPLEMENT for proxies

From: "core issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2012 01:11:05 -0000

#254: Max-Age MUST IMPLEMENT for proxies

 Cullen Jennings notes (msg03072au):

 Section 5.10

 Imagine a proxy that does not understand Max-Age. The server sends a
 response to proxy with Max-Age of 10 seconds. The proxy does not
 understand this so it removes this. Now the client that made the request
 to the proxy things the Max-Age in the response is 60 seconds. This seems
 broken - am I missing something about how this works?

-- 
-----------------------------+------------------------------------
 Reporter:  zach@…           |      Owner:  draft-ietf-core-coap@…
     Type:  other technical  |     Status:  new
 Priority:  minor            |  Milestone:  post-WGLC-1
Component:  coap             |    Version:  coap-12
 Severity:  In WG Last Call  |   Keywords:
-----------------------------+------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/core/trac/ticket/254>
core <http://tools.ietf.org/core/>