Subject: [core] #262: Split out IPsec details into a separate draft

From: "core issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2012 14:13:51 -0000

#262: Split out IPsec details into a separate draft

 Cullen Jennings notes (msg03072c):

 Section 10.2

 I'm wondering what parts of text around IPSec really need to be in the
 draft? I'm having a hard time finding anywhere where it has any normative
 impact.

 (This is now section 9.2 in coap-12.)

 Proposal:

 From the point of view of CoAP, there is indeed little normative text that
 interfaces to IPsec at this point.
 There is some work to do, e.g. msg03024, and there is little
 implementation experience.
 The remaining issues might receive better attention when they are exposed
 in their own draft instead of buried in the main CoAP specification.

-- 
-----------------------------+------------------------------------
 Reporter:  cabo@…           |      Owner:  draft-ietf-core-coap@…
     Type:  other technical  |     Status:  new
 Priority:  major            |  Milestone:  post-WGLC-1
Component:  coap             |    Version:  coap-12
 Severity:  In WG Last Call  |   Keywords:
-----------------------------+------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/core/trac/ticket/262>
core <http://tools.ietf.org/core/>