Subject: [core] #196: Clarify URI fetching rule for attribute values in Section 3

From: "core issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2012 13:00:59 -0000

#196: Clarify URI fetching rule for attribute values in Section 3

 From Julian Reschke's review:

 Section 3 currently has a MUST for treating values of attributes as non-
 retrievable identifiers. This ticket proposes to loosen that requirement
 and allow dereferencing (making it explicit that this is however not part
 of the protocol).

 Proposed text change:

 3.  CoRE link extensions

  The following CoRE specific target attributes are defined in addition
  to the ABNF rules in Section 5 of [RFC5988].  These attributes
  describe information useful in accessing the target link of the
  relation, and in some cases may be URIs.  These URIs MUST be treated

 s/may be/can use the syntactical form of a/

  as non resolvable identifiers (they are not meant to be retrieved).

 Not sure about the "MUST". Maybe replace with an explanation that they can
 indeed by dereferenced (for instance to obtain a description of the link
 relation), but that this is not part of the protocol and MUST NOT be done
 automatically on link evaluation.

-- 
----------------------------------+--------------------
 Reporter:  zach@…                |      Owner:  zach@…
     Type:  protocol enhancement  |     Status:  new
 Priority:  trivial               |  Milestone:
Component:  link-format           |    Version:
 Severity:  -                     |   Keywords:
----------------------------------+--------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/core/trac/ticket/196>
core <http://tools.ietf.org/core/>