Subject: [core] #200: Change “uri” in query string to “href” (like HTML <link>)

From: "core issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2012 13:57:07 -0000

#200: Change “uri” in query string to “href” (like HTML <link>)

 Julian Reschke pointed out that the use of "uri" in the query parameter
 definition of /.well-known/core is awkward, and instead we should use a
 known parameter name like "href" for that purpose.

 This ticket is to change the following text in Section 4.1:

 "          filter-query = resource-param "=" query-pattern
           resource-param = "uri" / parmname
           query-pattern = search-token [ "*" ]
           search-token = *search-char
           search-char = unreserved / pct-encoded
                       / ":" / "@"   ; from pchar
                       / "/" / "?"   ; from query
                       / "!" / "$" / "'" / "(" / ")"
                       / "+" / "," / ";" / "="  ; from sub-delims

    The resource-param "uri" refers to the URI-reference between the "<"
    and ">" characters of a link.  Other resource-param values refer to
    the link attribute they name.  Filtering is performed by comparing
    the query-pattern against the value of the attribute identified by
    the resource-param for each link-value in the collection of resources
    identified by the URI path."

 with:

 "
           filter-query = resource-param "=" query-pattern
           resource-param = "href" / parmname
           query-pattern = search-token [ "*" ]
           search-token = *search-char
           search-char = unreserved / pct-encoded
                       / ":" / "@"   ; from pchar
                       / "/" / "?"   ; from query
                       / "!" / "$" / "'" / "(" / ")"
                       / "+" / "," / ";" / "="  ; from sub-delims

    The resource-param "href" refers to the URI-reference between the "<"
    and ">" characters of a link.  Other resource-param values refer to
    the link attribute they name.  Filtering is performed by comparing
    the query-pattern against the value of the attribute identified by
    the resource-param for each link-value in the collection of resources
    identified by the URI path."

-- 
----------------------------------+--------------------
 Reporter:  zach@…                |      Owner:  zach@…
     Type:  protocol enhancement  |     Status:  new
 Priority:  trivial               |  Milestone:
Component:  link-format           |    Version:
 Severity:  -                     |   Keywords:
----------------------------------+--------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/core/trac/ticket/200>
core <http://tools.ietf.org/core/>