Subject: [core] comments on draft-li-core-conditional-observe-01

From: "Angelo P. Castellani" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2012 10:09:55 +0200

I think that the concept of conditional observe is interesting, and I
personally like to see that this work being explored here.

I had a look at the document, and I have two technical comments.

1) The following formats seem to be wrong:

              0
              0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
             +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
             | TYPE  | M | VAL   |
             +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

              0                   1
              0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
             +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
             | TYPE  | M |          VAL          |
             +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

              0                   1                   2
              0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5
             +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
             | TYPE  | M |          VAL                          |
             +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

The first one is 1 byte + 2 bits, the second one 2 bytes + 2 bits, and the
third one is 3 bytes + 2 bits.

You should probably reduce the VAL field by 2 bits in each case.

2) You should include the Condition option in the notification as well (at
least in the first), to make the client aware of the fact that you accepted
a Condition (for each condition you accepted).

Best,
Angelo