Subject: [core] #202: Remove the 270 byte artificial limit

From: "core issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2012 12:27:06 -0000

#202: Remove the 270 byte artificial limit

 For a while, it seemed we had consensus to leave in the artificial limit
 of 270 bytes for the option length.  However, this left a scar on Uri-
 Proxy, which needed special handling for the rare case where this creates
 a problem.

 Matthias Kovatsch has now proposed a simple way to remove the artificial
 limitation, which is documented in section 2.1 of

        http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-bormann-coap-misc-14#section-2.1

 This change will also enable the reverting of Uri-Proxy to its natural
 state of a  non-repeatable option.

-- 
-----------------------------+------------------------------------
 Reporter:  cabo@…           |      Owner:  draft-ietf-core-coap@…
     Type:  protocol defect  |     Status:  new
 Priority:  minor            |  Milestone:
Component:  coap             |    Version:
 Severity:  In WG Last Call  |   Keywords:
-----------------------------+------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/core/trac/ticket/202>
core <http://tools.ietf.org/core/>