Subject: [core] #205: Clarify that Size does not modify the request semantics beyond adding the size information

From: "core issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2012 11:09:16 -0000

#205: Clarify that Size does not modify the request semantics beyond adding the
size information

 Jeroen Hoebeke noticed that the term "size request" might be misunderstood
 as "just a size request".

 Proposed text to add to sec 3:

 # Apart from conveying/asking for size information, the Size option has no
 other effect on the processing of the request or response.
 # If the client wants to minimize the size of the payload in the resulting
 response, it should add a Block2 option to the request with a small block
 size (e.g., setting SZX=0).

-- 
-----------------------------+-------------------------------------
 Reporter:  cabo@…           |      Owner:  draft-ietf-core-block@…
     Type:  editorial        |     Status:  new
 Priority:  minor            |  Milestone:
Component:  block            |    Version:
 Severity:  In WG Last Call  |   Keywords:
-----------------------------+-------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/core/trac/ticket/205>
core <http://tools.ietf.org/core/>