Subject: Re: [core] #174: Robust observation relationships

From: "core issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2012 15:55:48 -0000

#174: Robust observation relationships

Comment (by hartke@…):

 Replace the penultimate paragraph of section 3.4 with the following two
 paragraphs:

 To make sure it has a fresh representation and/or to re-register its
 interest, a client MAY issue a new GET request with an Observe Option at
 any time. The GET request SHOULD specify a new token to avoid ambiguity,
 because the token serves as epoch identifier for the sequence numbers in
 the Observe Option (see Section 3.4).

 It is RECOMMENDED that the client does not issue the request while it
 still has a fresh notification and, beyond that, while a new notification
 from the server is still likely to arrive. I.e. the client should wait
 until the age of the last notification becomes greater than its Max-Age
 plus the potential retransmission window (see Section 4.1 of [I-D.ietf-
 core-coap]) plus the expected maximum round trip time.

-- 
-----------------------------------+-----------------------
 Reporter:  hartke@…               |       Owner:  hartke@…
     Type:  protocol defect        |      Status:  reopened
 Priority:  major                  |   Milestone:
Component:  observe                |     Version:
 Severity:  Submitted WG Document  |  Resolution:
 Keywords:                         |
-----------------------------------+-----------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/core/trac/ticket/174#comment:5>
core <http://tools.ietf.org/core/>

---

From: "core issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2012 12:06:30 -0000

Changes (by hartke@…):

 * status:  reopened => closed
 * resolution:   => fixed

Comment:

 Done.

-- 
-----------------------------------+-----------------------
 Reporter:  hartke@…               |       Owner:  hartke@…
     Type:  protocol defect        |      Status:  closed
 Priority:  major                  |   Milestone:
Component:  observe                |     Version:
 Severity:  Submitted WG Document  |  Resolution:  fixed
 Keywords:                         |
-----------------------------------+-----------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/core/trac/ticket/174#comment:6>
core <http://tools.ietf.org/core/>